Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
KMaine

Silver

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Post by KMaine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:56 am

IMO Clermont's exam was much more fair than Holden-Smith's, although H-S is the better professor.

I will second much of what arstech said both about Clermont, GTM and LEEWS. And congrats on being such a genius. Am quite sure there are maybe 1-2 people with a higher GPA.

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:07 am

KMaine wrote:IMO Clermont's exam was much more fair than Holden-Smith's, although H-S is the better professor.

I will second much of what arstech said both about Clermont, GTM and LEEWS. And congrats on being such a genius. Am quite sure there are maybe 1-2 people with a higher GPA.
High grades are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for "genius" status. Just saying.

arstech

New

Post by arstech » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:16 am

fsohn wrote:High grades are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for "genius" status. Just saying.
+1

The smartest people in the class, in my opinion anyway, are the ones who don't open their casebooks until two weeks before the exams and still get a 3.5. How they are able to do that is a complete mystery to me...

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:56 pm

arstech wrote: Another thing you will learn, Class of 2013, is that when somebody gets a bad grade in a class it is everybody's fault but their own.
[redacted]

And you might note that I did in fact take ownership -- I said I let it get to me -- notice the I and me in that sentence. [deleted rant that is inappropriate in this forum]
Last edited by mbw on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:07 pm

arstech wrote:
mbw wrote:don't let his sexist shit attitude play with your head -- I definitely should have just ignored it and not let it get to me.
Another thing you will learn, Class of 2013, is that when somebody gets a bad grade in a class it is everybody's fault but their own.

Also, deleted, sexism is a pretty serious allegation to make about a professor. If true, I would report it. If false, I would avoid libel.
You might not realize you used a posters real name. You should really deleted that asap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 pm

fsohn wrote:
KMaine wrote:IMO Clermont's exam was much more fair than Holden-Smith's, although H-S is the better professor.

High grades are neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for "genius" status. Just saying.
Was not literally saying poster was a genius. Was my way of saying congrats.

mec30

Bronze

Post by mec30 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Some Class of 2012 hostility going on. :shock:

Anyone else riding a fixed gear bike? How steep is the ride between lower college town and the law school?

legallybrunette16

Bronze

Post by legallybrunette16 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:00 pm

mec30 wrote:Some Class of 2012 hostility going on. :shock:
seriously! :lol:

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 pm

legallybrunette16 wrote:
Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arstech

New

Post by arstech » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 pm

You're right. Sorry for starting the Clermont flame war :-) I'll be a good boy from now on..

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:17 pm

calicocat wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:
We laugh now but let's see how we are in a year.

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:29 pm

holybartender wrote:
calicocat wrote:
legallybrunette16 wrote:
We laugh now but let's see how we are in a year.
Eh, most of the 2Ls on TLS know each other and tread carefully... As a new poster, artstech might know us, but we don't know arstech... But this level of drama is out of character in real life... (at least for me it is...)

Anyway, carry on... nothing to see here ;)

KMaine

Silver

Post by KMaine » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 pm

I got nothin' but love for my 2012 'mates. Sorry for thread derail. Takeaway: some people like Clermont, some do not.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Devila_C

New

Post by Devila_C » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Question for you - what's the typical thing to do during our 1L winter break? Anyone have plans already?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Devila_C wrote:Question for you - what's the typical thing to do during our 1L winter break? Anyone have plans already?
You mean the break between the semesters? I am planning on just going home, relaxing, and continuing to fill out applications for summer work (if need be).

For fall break (in October), planning on doing the same.

spaacecdt

New

Post by spaacecdt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:54 am

Would someone on this board mind running through common TLSisms for me? For example, "hth", "TTT", and whatever else exists out there is TLS world.

Many thanks!

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:15 am

spaacecdt wrote:Would someone on this board mind running through common TLSisms for me? For example, "hth", "TTT", and whatever else exists out there is TLS world.

Many thanks!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=18478

Hawkeye already did it. The specific ones you asked: hth is "Hope this helps," oftentimes (usually?) used sarcastically. TTT is "Third Tier Toilet," referring to all third-tier and below schools (generally those ranked from 100 on down by USNWR). They're schools that will eat your tuition and spit you out with really crappy job prospects.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:18 am

vexion wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:Would someone on this board mind running through common TLSisms for me? For example, "hth", "TTT", and whatever else exists out there is TLS world.

Many thanks!

Hawkeye already did it. The specific ones you asked: hth is "Hope this helps," oftentimes (usually?) used sarcastically. TTT is "Third Tier Toilet," referring to all third-tier and below schools (generally those ranked from 100 on down by USNWR). They're schools that will eat your tuition and spit you out with really crappy job prospects.
If you're not T12 you're TTT. hth.

spaacecdt

New

Post by spaacecdt » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:30 am

vexion wrote:

Many thanks!

excellent! thank you!

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:13 am

holybartender wrote:
vexion wrote:

Many thanks!

If you're not T1213 you're TTT. hth.

FTFY

alexyoshi

New

Post by alexyoshi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:14 am

anyone move to Ithaca yet?? i was thinking about moving some stuff in around the 1st, but will probably spend most of August back at home.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 am

alexyoshi wrote:anyone move to Ithaca yet?? i was thinking about moving some stuff in around the 1st, but will probably spend most of August back at home.
I'm moving up on August 1st. Speaking of, if anyone wants to help me move, there's copious amounts of pizza and beer in it for 'ya. :D

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am

alexyoshi wrote:anyone move to Ithaca yet?? i was thinking about moving some stuff in around the 1st, but will probably spend most of August back at home.
We're moving all of our stuff next week, but then coming back to CA for most of August.

ladiesandgerms

New

Post by ladiesandgerms » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 am

Yep. I'll be moving in around August 1st. It'd be fun to explore middle-of-nowhere New York with some classmates before school starts.

Also, can I get an 'add' to the list at the top of this thread. I'm not around too often, but I'll check in every now and then. Thanks!

alexyoshi

New

Post by alexyoshi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

latest financial aid conundrum:

my latest bill reflects the stafford loan credits but not the grad PLUS loans. pretty sure that I filed everything necessary except...

the "federal verification worksheet," which seems irrelevant since it seems to be for independents and I couldn't get that status, and

the "educational purpose statement," something that I can find absolutely no information on anywhere.

I did the promissory note, the counseling, and the PLUS application. is this one of those things that just takes awhile to show up?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”