Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
CyLaw

Gold

Re: Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013)

Post by CyLaw » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 pm

cicely101 wrote:Just got my net id in the mail folks!!!!!
Hopefully my wife emails mine to me (the activation id, already found my netid via the people finder).

spaacecdt

New

Post by spaacecdt » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm

turkishangora wrote:
spaacecdt wrote:
hereforhelp wrote:Hey thanks! I will request my dean fill out the form and send it to Cornell. Do you know if we send it to the Admissions Office at Myron Taylor Hall?
I'm pretty sure. That's where I sent mine! I also think it says on the form itself where the Dean's Certification should be sent. :)

Did you get a 'received' email from Cornell after you mailed it? My UG mailed the stuff out 3 weeks ago but I haven't heard from Cornell...maybe it's time for another email.
I just requested it from my UG so I can't help you out. :( I would email admissions... they've been really nice and helpful every time I've had any sort of question. :)

mec30

Bronze

Post by mec30 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Is my CUID the same as my NetID?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 pm

mec30 wrote:Is my CUID the same as my NetID?
The CUID is the physical student id card. NetID is your username for logging into all of Cornell's systems and information portals. It is also the username part of your email address.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am

I guess it's official. I activated my NetID and signed up for the Cornell network on facebook. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:41 am

god damn, they want the worlds most secure password, I can't use any of my normal ones.

No dictionary words if they make up more than 40% of your password...

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:07 am

KeePass Password Safe. Generate a completely random 20-character string of letters, numbers and symbols, then have it stored in a database locked by a password you can actually remember. Use the autotype feature, so when you go to the Cornell site, just hit a keyboard shortcut and it'll automagically fill in your username and super-secure password.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Did I misread their emails or are we getting a ~$4000 bill in July but no loans until August?

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 pm

holybartender wrote:Did I misread their emails or are we getting a ~$4000 bill in July but no loans until August?
Yes and no. We are getting billed in July. And loans aren't dispersed until August/September. But if we fill out the loan paperwork on time, it'll just show up as a credit to our account and we don't need to pay anything. If you're taking on loans for cost of living, you'll get that reimbursement in August/September when the loans go through.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Ahhh, I scanned it pretty quickly on my way to work so I didn't catch the nuances I suppose. Thanks.

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Probably is more than most people want to pay, but this house a couple of blocks from me just went up for rent: --LinkRemoved--. We've been watching them renovate it for the past few months, and it turned out nice (we like our house, but I'd take this one instead in a heartbeat.) Good for a family or people with pets.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Facebook Fail. I mean I would like to, but they didn't accept me.
By making Cornell your primary network, Cornell will appear next to your name for all users not on this network. Also, you'll see people, groups, and events from Cornell first in search results. Do you want to make Stanford your primary network?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 pm

CyLaw wrote:Facebook Fail. I mean I would like to, but they didn't accept me.
By making Cornell your primary network, Cornell will appear next to your name for all users not on this network. Also, you'll see people, groups, and events from Cornell first in search results. Do you want to make Stanford your primary network?
Just say yes. As we all know about Relationship Status, if Facebook says it, it must be true. Ergo, if your profile actually ends up saying Stanford Grad '13, you're a shoe-in for a federal CoA clerkship.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:49 pm

vexion wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Facebook Fail. I mean I would like to, but they didn't accept me.
Just say yes. As we all know about Relationship Status, if Facebook says it, it must be true. Ergo, if your profile actually ends up saying Stanford Grad '13, you're a shoe-in for a federal CoA clerkship.
I did, but unfortunately it did not join the Stanford network. Facebook denied my reprieve.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Finally got my NetID! It went to my house. Called home and got the information. Now what all can I do? I've set up my emergency contact info and signed up for that emergency alert texting system. Is there a way to change my Cornell email address from the default?

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

vexion wrote:Finally got my NetID! It went to my house. Called home and got the information. Now what all can I do? I've set up my emergency contact info and signed up for that emergency alert texting system. Is there a way to change my Cornell email address from the default?
Nope. Only staff and faculty I think get vanity email addresses. Apparently Cornell wants us to send email to the wrong people because we can't remember the random suffix after their initials.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Bah! My state school UG mired in red tape and Appalachian poverty still let me pick a vanity email address.

Also, in UG we got a free download of Vista Ultimate Edition and Office 2007 Enterprise Edition, among other expensive software. Cornell has none of this, for students at least. Last I checked, UK's endowment was like $700 million, while Cornell's was over $5 billion. Why can't I have free Windows, Cornell?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Add me to the "Just got my NetID and Activation Code in the mail" list. hoo-ray!

spaacecdt

New

Post by spaacecdt » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 am

No NetID info via email or snail mail. I don't exist in the search. I emailed the NetID folk two days ago and no answer. My deposit definitely went through. :(

/whining

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Anyone going to be working out a lot in Ithaca? I've never been a gym rat... previously 100% of my exercise came from taekwondo class. I've looked for a way to keep it up at Cornell, but the undergraduate taekwondo club is stupid. I might have to learn to start running/lifting. :?

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:49 pm

vexion wrote:Anyone going to be working out a lot in Ithaca? I've never been a gym rat... previously 100% of my exercise came from taekwondo class. I've looked for a way to keep it up at Cornell, but the undergraduate taekwondo club is stupid. I might have to learn to start running/lifting. :?
Ill probably be working out a lot. I don't lift to get huge, just to stay in shape (I'm about 5'7" 155) so I'll see you at the gym. I also run a fair amount. BTW, if anyone plays any sports (or the semi sport of golf) and wants to plan a pickup game, send me a message on facebook

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

acdisagod wrote:Ill probably be working out a lot. I don't lift to get huge, just to stay in shape (I'm about 5'7" 155) so I'll see you at the gym. I also run a fair amount. BTW, if anyone plays any sports (or the semi sport of golf) and wants to plan a pickup game, send me a message on facebook
I'm 6'2" 220. The last time I made a concerted effort to lose weight, I actually lost about 15 pounds. But then school started back and I started frequenting the snack counter between classes, and over time I've put it all back on. I've never been really disciplined about personal fitness. :P

Also, I'll play football or, depending on how brotastic you're feeling, ultimate frisbee. I'm rubbish at everything else.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Yea, I'm always down for football, I suck at frisbee but if we can find people I'm down. I've always been fit but after the September LSAT began to loom I stopped exercising for a while and it was all down hill from there. My goal is to not let the work in LS get to me and just gain some consistancy in my frequency of workouts. It's going well this summer so I hope I can keep it up.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm

vexion wrote:Anyone going to be working out a lot in Ithaca? I've never been a gym rat... previously 100% of my exercise came from taekwondo class. I've looked for a way to keep it up at Cornell, but the undergraduate taekwondo club is stupid. I might have to learn to start running/lifting. :?
Per my username, I've already asked the dance dept about auditing classes. Which, if anyone else shares my interest, law students are totally welcome to participate in any and every dance dept. class, schedule permitting. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that my LS class schedule works with their class schedule.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Well, if you can call me and drag my ass out of bed/the library I'll go running with you or something. I'll probably collapse after a mile, especially on those hills. And I sweat like Richard Nixon on a polygraph. Fair warning.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”