Serving Time in Ithaca (Cornell 2013) Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
boss

New

Re: Cornell 2013

Post by boss » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:51 pm

I have a beautiful 2 bed 2 bath in Dryden. Looking for a room mate. 21, non smoker, male (don't mind female room mates). Tidy.

Pm me if you're interested.

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:01 am

sad i missed the first ASW, hope it went well!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:40 am

panda wrote:sad i missed the first ASW, hope it went well!
I enjoyed it. Now if only I could jump through their hoops to see what ammount of money I will get.

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm

boss wrote:I have a beautiful 2 bed 2 bath in Dryden. Looking for a room mate. 21, non smoker, male (don't mind female room mates). Tidy.

Am I supposed to back you up with my "word", whatever that's worth around here? :P

boss

New

Post by boss » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:51 pm

vexion wrote:
boss wrote:I have a beautiful 2 bed 2 bath in Dryden. Looking for a room mate. 21, non smoker, male (don't mind female room mates). Tidy.

Am I supposed to back you up with my "word", whatever that's worth around here? :P
Preach the gospel on how rockin' it is, and tell them how great it would be to have you as a neighbor! Use a little skin if necessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Man, I really hope Cornell sends some good financial aid my way sometime soon. Going to the ASW this Friday. It would be particularly sad for me if I fall in love with the school only to find out that I am offered no financial aid, since that would eliminate the school from contention.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:15 pm

dakatz wrote:Man, I really hope Cornell sends some good financial aid my way sometime soon. Going to the ASW this Friday. It would be particularly sad for me if I fall in love with the school only to find out that I am offered no financial aid, since that would eliminate the school from contention.
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

-Tennyson

It's a beautiful place thats worth a visit regardless if you end up there or not.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
dakatz wrote:Man, I really hope Cornell sends some good financial aid my way sometime soon. Going to the ASW this Friday. It would be particularly sad for me if I fall in love with the school only to find out that I am offered no financial aid, since that would eliminate the school from contention.

-Tennyson

It's a beautiful place thats worth a visit regardless if you end up there or not.
Well they haven't officially told me I'm not getting financial aid just yet, so the dream is still alive. For all I know, they will come out of nowhere with something real nice.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:18 pm

dakatz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

-Tennyson

Well they haven't officially told me I'm not getting financial aid just yet, so the dream is still alive. For all I know, they will come out of nowhere with something real nice.
That is what I hope for. It just sucks that I didn't get a Dean's Scholarship invitation.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

-Tennyson

That is what I hope for. It just sucks that I didn't get a Dean's Scholarship invitation.
Same, but I"m assuming that Dean's Scholars aren't the only people who get nice scholarships. Even if they offered me something less than Dean's Scholarship amount, I'd still really consider Cornell.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:39 pm

dakatz wrote:Same, but I"m assuming that Dean's Scholars aren't the only people who get nice scholarships. Even if they offered me something less than Dean's Scholarship amount, I'd still really consider Cornell.
I hate to say it but I would need $30k a year. They are just not very strong in Texas and the tuition is $5k/yr more than everywhere else. The campus is beautiful though and would be a great law school.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
dakatz wrote:Same, but I"m assuming that Dean's Scholars aren't the only people who get nice scholarships. Even if they offered me something less than Dean's Scholarship amount, I'd still really consider Cornell.
I hate to say it but I would need $30k a year. They are just not very strong in Texas and the tuition is $5k/yr more than everywhere else. The campus is beautiful though and would be a great law school.
Oh yeah, if I were set on Texas, I'd be wary about Cornell as well. Luckily for me, I'm from the Mid-Atlantic, and Cornell has a ridiculously good reputation up here, and there are countless alumni here. So I guess it wouldn't quite take 30K a year to get me there. I just hope its something...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:45 pm

dakatz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Oh yeah, if I were set on Texas, I'd be wary about Cornell as well. Luckily for me, I'm from the Mid-Atlantic, and Cornell has a ridiculously good reputation up here, and there are countless alumni here. So I guess it wouldn't quite take 30K a year to get me there. I just hope its something...
Good luck. The ASD is tons of fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Last year, most non-Dean awards were in the 15 - 33K/year range (IIRC and from my own experience.)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:42 pm

mbw wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Last year, most non-Dean awards were in the 15 - 33K/year range (IIRC and from my own experience.)
That much money would make my decision impossible to make. I am sort of glad I was not given a Dean's scholly for that reason alone. I kind of wish I was still at Cornell right now :(

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
mbw wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
That much money would make my decision impossible to make. I am sort of glad I was not given a Dean's scholly for that reason alone. I kind of wish I was still at Cornell right now :(
You know, I initially turned down Cornell because I thought I hadn't received any aid... Como told me back then that I was making a mistake, and frankly, he was right (and threatened to call me Minnesota my whole life...which, he has graciously not done.) I should have gone here anyway. I'm glad the (misplaced) aid convinced me otherwise, but Cornell has an excellent LRAP and, tbh, $150K over 30 years is not horrific - it's half a mortgage. For all I complain about Ithaca, walking around Cornell's campus makes me forget most of my gripes. Don't base your choices on money alone. I know, in your case, you're not. But, just sayin'...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 pm

mbw wrote:You know, I initially turned down Cornell because I thought I hadn't received any aid... Como told me back then that I was making a mistake, and frankly, he was right (and threatened to call me Minnesota my whole life...which, he has graciously not done.) I should have gone here anyway. I'm glad the (misplaced) aid convinced me otherwise, but Cornell has an excellent LRAP and, tbh, $150K over 30 years is not horrific - it's half a mortgage. For all I complain about Ithaca, walking around Cornell's campus makes me forget most of my gripes. Don't base your choices on money alone. I know, in your case, you're not. But, just sayin'...
It's the Texas thing that keeps me from making it number 1 or 2, and money is the only thing that could make me forget about the ability to go back home. However, I must be living in the right state if $150k is only half a mortage :shock: Also, the 'hills'/mountains you have to climb in Ithaca to get to class would kill me one day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Haha you guys are making me wanna go to Cornell.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 pm

calicocat wrote:Haha you guys are making me wanna go to Cornell.
Oh you must be easy to convince then. I would share the few pictures I took, but there is no ASD thread for my visit and everyone who posts here already goes to Cornell lol.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Oh you must be easy to convince then. I would share the few pictures I took, but there is no ASD thread for my visit and everyone who posts here already goes to Cornell lol.
post them for me plz

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm

calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
post them for me plz
Well....if its for you....

No.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:36 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
calicocat wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
post them for me plz
Well....if its for you....

No.
:lol: I hope you don't go to Cornell hth

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 pm

calicocat wrote::lol: I hope you don't go to Cornell hth
Neither do I, hth :wink:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks! :D

johndh

New

Post by johndh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I called this morning to ask about when the Dean's Scholarship recipients will be notified and the lady on the phone said over the next few weeks was all that she could tell me

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”