Jericwithers wrote: los blancos wrote: Jericwithers wrote: los blancos wrote:
Deposit sent today. Should get to Durham on Wednesday at the latest. I still probably won't know for sure where I'm going to school until August.
Good luck on the waitlists (read: one less person to compete with). At this point I wouldn't even care if Columbia or Chicago accepted me, but I stay on the lists just in case
I've still only heard from CLS so I'm holding out hope for Chicago (I don't think I'd take NYU at sticker over Duke). And I'll probably end up taking the June LSAT if I get waitlisted there. Honestly I wish I could not care, but I'm insecure/paranoid and I mainly want to make sure I pursue CC as hard as possible if only so I have no regrets in the future.
I can understand that. I was raised by laypeople who advocated 'Harvard or bust,' but I busted lol. Duke turned out to be probably one of the best schools for me anyways since I want to go back to Texas or work in DC. I guess any school would give me those same options; so I pick on the basis of sports, weather, and ability to live well for cheap.
If Chicago hasn't gotten back to you yet that may be a good sign, as some schools keep an elite list of go-to accepts for when deposits start rolling in. Have you just not gotten a decision or have they not rolled around to your complete date yet?
Pretty much everyone in the Chicago thread without a decision had a UR update to today including me, so I'm definitely not a special case. My numbers are a little low but if they feel they're in danger of under enrolling, my de facto ED is probably going to look very attractive to them.
I want biglaw or clerkships/academia and I want to work in CA. Basically, I just want the best possible chance of making those two things happen, hence my CCN obsession. I think especially ITE Chicago and Columbia probably offer a not insignificant step up in placement from MVPBDN. Its portability has always been killer, and worst-case scenario I'd probably still be able to find a job in my hometown - getting back to Chicago from Duke would probably be difficult.