Duke Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Jericwithers

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

rotflawl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I took the plunge and joined the facebook 2013 group. I'm really committed now!

Wow! I creep on that page every other day, but I can't bring myself to officially join until I send my deposit in. FB = srs bsns?

Very, it's not for the weak willed. There's not really a lot going on there actually. I just need to feel important by belonging to a group.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Jericwithers wrote:There's not really a lot going on there actually. I just need to feel important by belonging to a group.

are you always this needy? Or has the cycle just brought out all your insecurities? :wink:

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:56 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:There's not really a lot going on there actually. I just need to feel important by belonging to a group.

are you always this needy? Or has the cycle just brought out all your insecurities? :wink:

Stalker. I think you already know the answer to your question.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Stalker. I think you already know the answer to your question.

:oops: come now, this is no surprise. Y'all have been accusing us sooners of being obsessed with longhorns for years!

now where'd I put that jpg of the upside down horn logo...

rotflawl

Postby rotflawl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:04 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Stalker. I think you already know the answer to your question.

:oops: come now, this is no surprise. Y'all have been accusing us sooners of being obsessed with longhorns for years!

I have an irrational hatred of everything UT (since they embarrassed us in football). In the same vein, OU is just fine with me!

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 pm

rotflawl wrote:I have an irrational hatred of everything UT (since they embarrassed us in football). In the same vein, OU is just fine with me!

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that you're a Trojan.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:11 pm

soonergirl wrote:

Careful, I'll go through law school over the next 3 years with the ultimate goal of suing you!
rotflawl wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

I have an irrational hatred of everything UT (since they embarrassed us in football). In the same vein, OU is just fine with me!

You have to be more specific, what team?

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Jericwithers wrote:You have to be more specific, what team?

tsk. <rolls eyes>

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:You have to be more specific, what team?

tsk. <rolls eyes>

:lol: Well you are used to the humiliation, but it stings for other people.

USC I bet.

rotflawl

Postby rotflawl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

Careful, I'll go through law school over the next 3 years with the ultimate goal of suing you!
rotflawl wrote:
soonergirl wrote:

You have to be more specific, what team?

The Rose Bowl that I've been trying to block from memory and the Orange Bowl that made life seem worth it, respectively. *sigh* @ Ill-executed laterals.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Jericwithers wrote: :lol: Well you are used to the humiliation, but it stings for other people.

USC I bet.

yes, see above.

besides, it may have taken a few years, but we finally won a bowl game against a Pac-10 powerhouse!

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:14 am

Scholarship Appeal was a success!

Although it wasn't a huge jump, I will take it since my "matching offer" was 36k at Texas, haha.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:12 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Scholarship Appeal was a success!

Although it wasn't a huge jump, I will take it since my "matching offer" was 36k at Texas, haha.

When did you send the request? (how long did it take them to get back to you?)

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 pm

It took exactly a week; I emailed last Monday. However, I let them know about the 4/15 UT deadline, and they honored my request to find out before then. They emailed me a PDF and said the letter is in the mail.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:36 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:It took exactly a week; I emailed last Monday. However, I let them know about the 4/15 UT deadline, and they honored my request to find out before then. They emailed me a PDF and said the letter is in the mail.

Amazing, great job. I doubt mine will be successful (sending out right now). Did you attack scans of your letters or just details of the awards?

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Scanned.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Scanned.

What email address? I know I asked this before, sorry. Hoye@law.duke.edu?

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I emailed the guy who I talked to while there (Mark). The response was from John D. Ahlers, apparently the director of FinAid

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:47 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:It took exactly a week; I emailed last Monday. However, I let them know about the 4/15 UT deadline, and they honored my request to find out before then. They emailed me a PDF and said the letter is in the mail.

Thanks and congrats. Maybe I should have included my vandy offer details since that is my only 4/15 deadline. I mentioned two other offers and said I would be happy to provide scans upon request. Unfortunately I don't have a deadline until 4/30.

strokes788

Postby strokes788 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm

My scholarship appeal was successful as well. My Northwestern offer luckily came in the form of an email with a PDF attached so I just needed to send that PDF file as an attachment in my appeal request letter. Also called Bill Ahler, who sent me my revised scholarship email this morning, to ask him some questions and he had to be one of the friendliest people ever. Duke really has an absolutely outstanding office with super nice staff and administrators, not to mention the faculty being so warm at ASW as well. Very excited to attend. I'll be overnighting my deposit/scholarship contract acceptance today. Go Blue Devils!!! :)

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:15 pm

strokes788 wrote:My scholarship appeal was successful as well. My Northwestern offer luckily came in the form of an email with a PDF attached so I just needed to send that PDF file as an attachment in my appeal request letter. Also called Bill Ahler, who sent me my revised scholarship email this morning, to ask him some questions and he had to be one of the friendliest people ever. Duke really has an absolutely outstanding office with super nice staff and administrators, not to mention the faculty being so warm at ASW as well. Very excited to attend. I'll be overnighting my deposit/scholarship contract acceptance today. Go Blue Devils!!! :)

What was your NU scholarship amount, Duke previous amount and updated amount? Please PM if you are scared (but at this point in the cycle there is no need to be anonymous lol).

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
strokes788 wrote:My scholarship appeal was successful as well. My Northwestern offer luckily came in the form of an email with a PDF attached so I just needed to send that PDF file as an attachment in my appeal request letter. Also called Bill Ahler, who sent me my revised scholarship email this morning, to ask him some questions and he had to be one of the friendliest people ever. Duke really has an absolutely outstanding office with super nice staff and administrators, not to mention the faculty being so warm at ASW as well. Very excited to attend. I'll be overnighting my deposit/scholarship contract acceptance today. Go Blue Devils!!! :)

What was your NU scholarship amount, Duke previous amount and updated amount? Please PM if you are scared (but at this point in the cycle there is no need to be anonymous lol).

This too for me as well. Also, when was the request made?

Thanks!

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Thanks!

+3, strokes is practically my #s twin

strokes788

Postby strokes788 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:21 pm

los blancos wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Thanks!

+3, strokes is practically my #s twin

Looking at your LSN accnt, seems like we had a pretty similar cycle as well

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:26 pm

strokes788 wrote:
Looking at your LSN accnt, seems like we had a pretty similar cycle as well

Yeah, a disastrous one, unfortunately.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”