Duke Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
someones alt
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby someones alt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
someones alt wrote:We might end up living together and not even know it!


The first time you sabotage me I would know it. Also it wouldn't be hard to figure out who I am on this board. Dukes a small school, you know....


My plan is to leave the missing pages slightly hanging out of Dallas Cowboy's backpack

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:11 pm

someones alt wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
someones alt wrote:We might end up living together and not even know it!


The first time you sabotage me I would know it. Also it wouldn't be hard to figure out who I am on this board. Dukes a small school, you know....


My plan is to leave the missing pages slightly hanging out of Dallas Cowboy's backpack


Haha, that might work.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:21 pm

So, who's pumped about the ASO?

<------ this guy is

User avatar
someones alt
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby someones alt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:25 pm

thickfreakness wrote:So, who's pumped about the ASO?

<------ this guy is


Yeah I'm looking forward to meeting my doppelganger. Are you still waiting on UVA too?

I want Harvard to hurry up and reject me and figure out why UVA is taking 4 months on my application

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:50 pm

someones alt wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:So, who's pumped about the ASO?

<------ this guy is


Yeah I'm looking forward to meeting my doppelganger. Are you still waiting on UVA too?

I want Harvard to hurry up and reject me and figure out why UVA is taking 4 months on my application


Heh, yeah I'm waiting on UVA. I'm not really that anxious about it like I was 3 weeks ago. Once the Vandy $$ offer and Duke acceptance rolled in after GULC's YPish WL all anxiety about the cycle melted away. If UVA wants to admit me I'd be thrilled, but they won't ruin my cycle if I don't get in. I'm trying to focus on the two places I'm currently considering as much as possible.

Looks like it's UVA v. Duke v. Michigan for you? Would a Harvard acceptance change everything?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.


Meh, not for me. Couldn't pay me to live in Boston. It's cold and the people are rude, lol.

I couldn't give a crap about graduating from HLS. Put HLS in the south and I'll hit that up.

bluedev1
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby bluedev1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.


Meh, not for me. Couldn't pay me to live in Boston. It's cold and the people are rude, lol.

I couldn't give a crap about graduating from HLS. Put HLS in the south and I'll hit that up.


+1 (currently live in Boston, can't wait to get down south. Boston = cold and gray)

also, after a quick browse through this thread, I get the impression that only like 3-4 tls people are going to duke (and all guys, except for me). I guess it's early and duke is taking forever with apps, but still seems a bit lonely...

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:47 pm

bluedev1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.


Meh, not for me. Couldn't pay me to live in Boston. It's cold and the people are rude, lol.

I couldn't give a crap about graduating from HLS. Put HLS in the south and I'll hit that up.


+1 (currently live in Boston, can't wait to get down south. Boston = cold and gray)

also, after a quick browse through this thread, I get the impression that only like 3-4 tls people are going to duke (and all guys, except for me). I guess it's early and duke is taking forever with apps, but still seems a bit lonely...



Yeah I had a friend who went Harvard UG and I attended probably about 4 conferences there during high school/first two years of UG combined, and it just never really impressed me as a great place to live. Unfortunately my friend chose Michigan for medical school, so he's even colder there than he was in Boston, lol.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

bluedev1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.


Meh, not for me. Couldn't pay me to live in Boston. It's cold and the people are rude, lol.

I couldn't give a crap about graduating from HLS. Put HLS in the south and I'll hit that up.


+1 (currently live in Boston, can't wait to get down south. Boston = cold and gray)

also, after a quick browse through this thread, I get the impression that only like 3-4 tls people are going to duke (and all guys, except for me). I guess it's early and duke is taking forever with apps, but still seems a bit lonely...


I've gotten the same impression about the number of people going to Duke. I guess its really more of a 2nd option for most people, and is half the size of most other schools. I am glad to see it won't be just us 4 guys (dibbs on the lady!).

User avatar
someones alt
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby someones alt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
bluedev1 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Harvard changes everything for everyone lol.


Meh, not for me. Couldn't pay me to live in Boston. It's cold and the people are rude, lol.

I couldn't give a crap about graduating from HLS. Put HLS in the south and I'll hit that up.


+1 (currently live in Boston, can't wait to get down south. Boston = cold and gray)

also, after a quick browse through this thread, I get the impression that only like 3-4 tls people are going to duke (and all guys, except for me). I guess it's early and duke is taking forever with apps, but still seems a bit lonely...



Yeah I had a friend who went Harvard UG and I attended probably about 4 conferences there during high school/first two years of UG combined, and it just never really impressed me as a great place to live. Unfortunately my friend chose Michigan for medical school, so he's even colder there than he was in Boston, lol.


I'm not sure what it would change for me. I haven't really put that much thought into it, because I thought while applying I would be an auto reject. Seems some people with my numbers have had luck, but I don't really have outstanding softs.

I know if I did get in I'd try to get more money out of Duke. Either way, I feel like I'd enjoy my time more in North Carolina. I love mountain biking, barbecue, and microbrew.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Duke is on ESPN. Watching so I can be an expert next year.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Duke is on ESPN. Watching so I can be an expert next year.


I got your beat. On HBO last night there was a documentary on Duke vs. Carolina basketball rivalvy.

ranovr32
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby ranovr32 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:Duke is on ESPN. Watching so I can be an expert next year.


I got your beat. On HBO last night there was a documentary on Duke vs. Carolina basketball rivalvy.

A little off topic (well alot)... Does anyone knw when the Magic vs Bird thing is on HBO?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:54 pm

ranovr32 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:Duke is on ESPN. Watching so I can be an expert next year.


I got your beat. On HBO last night there was a documentary on Duke vs. Carolina basketball rivalvy.

A little off topic (well alot)... Does anyone knw when the Magic vs Bird thing is on HBO?


This Saturday at 7pm central and 10:30pm. Windows Media Center saves the day again lol. Also Thursday 3/11 at 6pm central.

User avatar
someones alt
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby someones alt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 pm

I have you all beat. I am watching Bull Durham right now.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 am

someones alt wrote:
I'm not sure what it would change for me. I haven't really put that much thought into it, because I thought while applying I would be an auto reject. Seems some people with my numbers have had luck, but I don't really have outstanding softs.

I know if I did get in I'd try to get more money out of Duke. Either way, I feel like I'd enjoy my time more in North Carolina. I love mountain biking, barbecue, and microbrew.



Ohh man I am a super-huge beer geek. Asheville (and the surrounding area) has some killer microbreweries. Foothills, Highland, and Pisgah are all stellar. Plus, NC gets Stone, Founders, Dogfish Head and a helping of other great breweries. Also, outdoors stuff is cool.

User avatar
someones alt
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby someones alt » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:11 am

Roomie potential!

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 am

There is a new Irish pub in Chapel Hill that had quite a few local beers on tap. I liked them; this may be the time to make the switch from natty light.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 am

someones alt wrote:I have you all beat. I am watching Bull Durham right now.


Winner

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 am

someones alt wrote:Roomie potential!


My wife might object, but it's cool with me. Drinking buddy potential, though.

Syoung
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Syoung » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:07 am

The apartment places will be open on Saturday. I know that Duke will take you to Pinnacle Ridge if you want to visit. The apartment there I visited was old and kind of smelly... The remodeled kitchen consisted of putting up new cabinet doors on the existing actual cabinet, yet cost you like 30 extra a month or something silly. Most of the places in Durham don't have a fixed price for their floorplans, but instead the prices vary on floor level, location, if they have a new frig, etc. I think that Independence Park was the only one that I visited with fixed prices for the floor plans.

When are you guys moving down?

Syoung
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Syoung » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 am

I'm a girl too

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 am

Syoung wrote:The apartment places will be open on Saturday. I know that Duke will take you to Pinnacle Ridge if you want to visit. The apartment there I visited was old and kind of smelly... The remodeled kitchen consisted of putting up new cabinet doors on the existing actual cabinet, yet cost you like 30 extra a month or something silly. Most of the places in Durham don't have a fixed price for their floorplans, but instead the prices vary on floor level, location, if they have a new frig, etc. I think that Independence Park was the only one that I visited with fixed prices for the floor plans.

When are you guys moving down?


Sometime in August. I talked to that Independence place and it was $700 for a 1bedroom no bills paid. I won't be going there unless I could find a roommate and it is really, really, really nice.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Syoung wrote:I'm a girl too


Ohhhh herrrrrrrrroooo derrrrrr




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest