Duke Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
quakeroats

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:06 am

Bosque wrote:
quakeroats wrote:tick... tock...

Just so y'all don't freak out when you inevitably wake up at 8 and start refreshing ACES like mad, there is a very good chance the grades wont actually be out tomorrow. Check once, but if they are not there just try and enjoy your weekend.

A member of the administration confirmed that today was the day.

*refresh*

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:58 pm

quakeroats wrote:
Bosque wrote:

Just so y'all don't freak out when you inevitably wake up at 8 and start refreshing ACES like mad, there is a very good chance the grades wont actually be out tomorrow. Check once, but if they are not there just try and enjoy your weekend.

*refresh*

Aaaaaaaaand now all the 1Ls refresh every 4 seconds.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
quakeroats wrote:
Bosque wrote:

*refresh*

What about the 2Ls?

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
quakeroats wrote:
Bosque wrote:

*refresh*

I have taken my cue from wall street banks and have wired my new super powerful desktop computer directly into the law school's systems, so I get my refreshes done within 3.93 seconds. I assume accessing my grades .07 seconds faster will make me a billionaire.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 pm

quakeroats wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
quakeroats wrote:A member of the administration confirmed that today was the day.

*refresh*

What about the 2Ls?

Tough to tell. Probably varies between every five minutes and every five days.

Edit: Crap, now I keep looking. And I know they shouldn't be that great. Lame.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 pm

I don't care if you heard it from Dean Levi himself, that still does not necessarily mean they will come out today. So don't get too worked up. It is already 2, and they aint out. Maybe check again at the close of business, but I would not be surprised if they don't get posted today.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Bosque wrote:I don't care if you heard it from Dean Levi himself, that still does not necessarily mean they will come out today. So don't get too worked up. It is already 2, and they aint out. Maybe check again at the close of business, but I would not be surprised if they don't get posted today.

Releasing them on Monday or Tuesday wouldn't give the faculty enough time to run for cover.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:20 pm

quakeroats wrote:
Bosque wrote:I don't care if you heard it from Dean Levi himself, that still does not necessarily mean they will come out today. So don't get too worked up. It is already 2, and they aint out. Maybe check again at the close of business, but I would not be surprised if they don't get posted today.

Releasing them on Monday or Tuesday wouldn't give the faculty enough time to run for cover.

I'm envisioning the registrar hitting the "release grades" button and then everybody sprinting out of the building at 5 PM.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:24 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
quakeroats wrote:

I'm envisioning the registrar hitting the "release grades" button and then everybody sprinting out of the building at 5 PM.

+247 (or however many our class is)

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:28 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
quakeroats wrote:

+247 (or however many our class is)

Wait, is that the total before or after 5 PM?

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 pm

I don't see why anyone would drop now. You only get 60% back (tuition only). I would say finish up this semester, go to OCI, and drop in the first weeks of class if no callbacks.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:43 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:I don't see why anyone would drop now. You only get 60% back (tuition only). I would say finish up this semester, go to OCI, and drop in the first weeks of class if no callbacks.

I agree. I'm just not good for much more than lame black humor at the moment.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I really wish they'd just get this over with already. I've been dreading it since before break and I just wanna get it over with. I shouldn't care too much; I plan on going into a field where they don't seem to matter all that much anyways.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:02 pm

los blancos wrote:I really wish they'd just get this over with already. I've been dreading it since before break and I just wanna get it over with. I shouldn't care too much; I plan on going into a field where they don't seem to matter all that much anyways.

Well...that's an epic win then.

quakeroats

Postby quakeroats » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:07 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
los blancos wrote:I really wish they'd just get this over with already. I've been dreading it since before break and I just wanna get it over with. I shouldn't care too much; I plan on going into a field where they don't seem to matter all that much anyways.

43 minutes until 5 PM...

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 pm

quakeroats wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

43 minutes until 5 PM...

Prolly gonna let all the profs exit stage left before they start the chaos.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Woo, going to have to wait all weekend. Governor just stayed my execution cause they didn't get the folding chairs setup for the audience in time.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Woo, going to have to wait all weekend. Governor just stayed my execution cause they didn't get the folding chairs setup for the audience in time.

:D

someones alt

Postby someones alt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

:|

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:07 pm

No chance over the weekend right? I can enjoy it without being neurotic?

prezidentv8 wrote:

Eh, still have to hustle for a job. Probably even moreso.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

los blancos wrote:No chance over the weekend right? I can enjoy it without being neurotic?

prezidentv8 wrote:

Eh, still have to hustle for a job. Probably even moreso.

Yeah but I think that's true for like, 99% of people in the world. Caring about grades for the sake of making people think I'm smarter than I am is just an annoyance.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Kind of disgusted that grades aren't out. This is ridiculous.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:Yeah but I think that's true for like, 99% of people in the world. Caring about grades for the sake of making people think I'm smarter than I am is just an annoyance.

Yeah, but it's still a different situation if you want Big Law vs Public Interest or a small DA's office. Everyone has to hustle, but at least median-ish grades are almost a prereq for the former.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

los blancos wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:Yeah but I think that's true for like, 99% of people in the world. Caring about grades for the sake of making people think I'm smarter than I am is just an annoyance.

Yeah, but it's still a different situation if you want Big Law vs Public Interest or a small DA's office. Everyone has to hustle, but at least median-ish grades are almost a prereq for the former.

Oh yeah, most definitely.

Edit: Just for the sake of full disclosure, I'm a real hippie when it comes to grades at the graduate (really, even the undergraduate) level.
Last edited by prezidentv8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”