Duke Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:28 pm

The Spring Exam Schedule was just posted:

http://www.law.duke.edu/curriculum/pdf/ ... hedule.pdf

It's the same as last semester with one twist: the first full week we have exams on Monday and Friday, but the second week our final exam is on Wednesday rather than Thursday.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:40 pm

hm why does section 3 have the Young con law test before section 6?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:43 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:hm why does section 3 have the Young con law test before section 6?


The part of me that wants to follow the honor code is conflicted, but the part of me that wants to ace con law by any means necessary is excited.

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Bosque » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:hm why does section 3 have the Young con law test before section 6?


The part of me that wants to follow the honor code is conflicted, but the part of me that wants to ace con law by any means necessary is excited.


Pretty sure thought-crime is an honor code violation, so get ready for your letter of expulsion from the university in the next few days.

cavebat2000
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby cavebat2000 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:45 pm

the first honor code violation is talking about honor code violations
the second honor code violation is TALKING ABOUT HONOR CODE VIOLATIONS

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:48 pm

Dang, might as well not make the trip back then. Good knowing you all!

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby los blancos » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 am

Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Bosque » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:37 am

los blancos wrote:Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?


Ask a fellow 1L to be sure, but I think if you go on Aces and look at class schedule for the week, it will have it there. Alternatively, I think my professor emailed us to remind us last year.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Bosque wrote:
los blancos wrote:Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?


Ask a fellow 1L to be sure, but I think if you go on Aces and look at class schedule for the week, it will have it there. Alternatively, I think my professor emailed us to remind us last year.


This. Ours is Wednesday when our regular day is earlier.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby los blancos » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Bosque wrote:
los blancos wrote:Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?


Ask a fellow 1L to be sure, but I think if you go on Aces and look at class schedule for the week, it will have it there. Alternatively, I think my professor emailed us to remind us last year.



I actually did this and it was nowhere to be found in ACES. Professor sent us an e-mail today, though. 11am tomorrow apparently.

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:40 am

los blancos wrote:
Bosque wrote:
los blancos wrote:Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?


Ask a fellow 1L to be sure, but I think if you go on Aces and look at class schedule for the week, it will have it there. Alternatively, I think my professor emailed us to remind us last year.



I actually did this and it was nowhere to be found in ACES. Professor sent us an e-mail today, though. 11am tomorrow apparently.


Well, the freaking syllabus says 10 AM... Oh typos... (but is it the syllabus or the e-mail???)

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:02 am

thickfreakness wrote:
los blancos wrote:
Bosque wrote:
los blancos wrote:Super stupid question because I'm totally out of the loop... Does anyone know how we find out our individual LARW schedules for this week?


Ask a fellow 1L to be sure, but I think if you go on Aces and look at class schedule for the week, it will have it there. Alternatively, I think my professor emailed us to remind us last year.



I actually did this and it was nowhere to be found in ACES. Professor sent us an e-mail today, though. 11am tomorrow apparently.


Well, the freaking syllabus says 10 AM... Oh typos... (but is it the syllabus or the e-mail???)


I'm not sure if this is your issue, but the meeting time tomorrow is different than the regularly scheduled class.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm

We've got another SCOTUS clerk: http://www.law.duke.edu/news/story?id=5945&u=11

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Any bets for when the first grade drops?

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Reedie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:37 pm

quakeroats wrote:We've got another SCOTUS clerk: http://www.law.duke.edu/news/story?id=5945&u=11


One clerk is actually a huge deal.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby los blancos » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 am

quakeroats wrote:Any bets for when the first grade drops?



Ideally, never.







Apparently our Property professor feels that he isn't bounded by ACES? Friday class at 8:25am? Class is scheduled for MTuTh - apparently he doesn't care: "Most of the classes will keep to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule"

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Reedie wrote:
quakeroats wrote:We've got another SCOTUS clerk: http://www.law.duke.edu/news/story?id=5945&u=11


One clerk is actually a huge deal.


Indeed. We went years without a clerk and this makes four in two terms. Dean Levi needs a bigger office.

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Bosque » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:40 pm

I am pretty sure the younger Mr. Alito might have more to do with this one than Levi does.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Bosque wrote:I am pretty sure the younger Mr. Alito might have more to do with this one than Levi does.


Perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if Levi set that in motion too.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:05 pm

btw, December LSAT scores are being released -14/102=170.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm

quakeroats wrote:btw, December LSAT scores are being released -14/102=170.

In another universe I am on my way to Yale. I fail out, however.

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Snow days are awesome. Did anyone notice that Duke cancelled classes until 7 pm while UNC, State, and Central all reopened around noon?

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:39 pm

For anyone wondering when grades are coming out, I dug up last years class thread and Bosque mentioned they were out on the 29th. Someone needs to petition for a better release schedule. I think Cornell students had their grades on the 6th.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65220&hilit=duke+2012&start=650

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 pm

quakeroats wrote:For anyone wondering when grades are coming out, I dug up last years class thread and Bosque mentioned they were out on the 29th. Someone needs to petition for a better release schedule. I think Cornell students had their grades on the 6th.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65220&hilit=duke+2012&start=650


Why would anyone be wondering when grades are coming out?


:shock:

User avatar
quakeroats
Posts: 1399
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Postby quakeroats » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
quakeroats wrote:For anyone wondering when grades are coming out, I dug up last years class thread and Bosque mentioned they were out on the 29th. Someone needs to petition for a better release schedule. I think Cornell students had their grades on the 6th.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65220&hilit=duke+2012&start=650


Why would anyone be wondering when grades are coming out?


:shock:


Think about it this way: we have the equivalent of a full exam period to wait until grades come out.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest