Duke Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
los blancos

Platinum

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Post by los blancos » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Snow sux

eldiabloazul

New

Post by eldiabloazul » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:44 pm

torts. (it has potential to be an epic touchdown or an errant interception).

--ImageRemoved--
civ pro. this is what joinder does to me.

con law. win or lose, its been real, and blocher's in my memories forever.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Confused. Don't know any Washington fans in our section...

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Confused. Don't know any Washington fans in our section...
I do.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 pm

One down, two remain.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:40 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Confused. Don't know any Washington fans in our section...

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 pm

quakeroats wrote:One down, two remain.

Oh noes! CivPro is next!

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm

los blancos wrote:
quakeroats wrote:One down, two remain.

Oh noes! CivPro is next!
Right after your property exam at 4pm.

johndh

New

Post by johndh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 am

its funny how after months of nothing happening on here finals come up and all of a sudden everyone has time to get on tls

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:17 am

johndh wrote:its funny how after months of nothing happening on here finals come up and all of a sudden everyone has time to get on tls
+1 Insightful

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

TLS SHOWDOWN IN CIV PRO

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

I need new photos, all 3 of mine are of defunct coaches.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:51 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:TLS SHOWDOWN IN CIV PRO

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

This is why I am thankful I didn't go with Greg Davis for Property.... (it would have been very apt though)

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 pm

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

So we getting in a fight during the civ pro final? That'd be hardcore. I look like a wretched hobo right now thanks to this finals beard thing. You guys could offer me booze to hit things and it'd be like bumfights law school style. If anyone is qualified to do anything involving hobos/bums in CivPro, it's me, dammit.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:25 pm

i'm not putting up any resistance tomorrow

(not sure if i'm talking about a physical altercation or the exam itself but both apply equally)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm

I busted into some random room ready to civ pro brawl, but it turned out to be a tax class final.

Needless to say I kicked those accountant's asses :D Never saw me comming.

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

And he tricked us with a Partial-Erie...well played.

eldiabloazul

New

Post by eldiabloazul » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 am

Confused. Don't know any Washington fans in our section...
not that hard to figure out...though it is hard to figure out my hierarchy of teams. reedie probably knows what that means.

con law is all that's left. glad we get an extra few days more than the property kids. the quick turnaround to tuesday has got to suck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Small piece of advice for you 1Ls: when you are picking your classes for fall semester of 2L year, pay close attention to the finals schedule. Back to back to back to back finals are not fun.

cavebat2000

Bronze

Post by cavebat2000 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Bosque wrote:Small piece of advice for you 1Ls: when you are picking your classes for fall semester of 2L year, pay close attention to the finals schedule. Back to back to back to back finals are not fun.
+1

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Bosque wrote:Small piece of advice for you 1Ls: when you are picking your classes for fall semester of 2L year, pay close attention to the finals schedule. Back to back to back to back finals are not fun.
Also, avoid journals like the plague, unless they are DLJ or Law and Social Change

Edit: Eh, I'll toss DLTR in too. They ain't been too bad.

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm

What are your thoughts on balancing class difficulty?

I'm thinking of doing Fed Courts, Administrative Law, Evidence, and Business Associations in the Fall if they're all available.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

quakeroats

Silver

Post by quakeroats » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:17 pm

One other question, I know we don't release class rank, but how does one compare their GPA to median? 3.3 is the median 1st year grade, but I'd assume grades aren't evenly distributed so 3.3 probably isn't the median GPA. Do we release any GPA info at all? Latin honors? Order of the Coif? Anything?

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:17 am

quakeroats wrote:
What are your thoughts on balancing class difficulty?

I'm thinking of doing Fed Courts, Administrative Law, Evidence, and Business Associations in the Fall if they're all available.
HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaHAHAHAHAhahahahAHAHAAAA....

Yah, that plan is naive at best. You might be able to get in to all of those (although you better be quick on the refresh if you want Evidence), but there is no way I can suggest taking all of those in one semester. Especially not THAT semester. Fed courts is a 5 hour class, Evidence and BA are both 4 hours, and Administrative law is 3. That adds up to 16 hours. That hour total alone should tell you something about the feasibility of your plan. You planning on doing a journal if you get on, trying out for moot court, participating in the Jessup or Deans cups, being in any student groups next year or, I don't know, trying like mad to get a job? Not with that schedule you aren't.

I guess the feasibility of this also depends on who is teaching. I hear the Benjamin is tough for admin, and that is the low hour class. Griffin is great apparently, but according to my friend in evidence this semester, the end of the exam had more people throwing their hands up to show they had stopped typing once time had expired than he had ever seen in any other exam. So a lot of material there. I have heard BA has been a slogfest, and fed courts... well, let me just say, there is a reason it is a 5 hour class. You are just lucky Young usually teaches it in the spring. His class is 5 hours too, but he works you like it is a 8 or 9 hour class.

Although I wouldn't worry too much. The classes are bound to conflict and/or they will all fill up with me and my fellow 2Ls before you guys get a stab at them.
quakeroats wrote: One other question, I know we don't release class rank, but how does one compare their GPA to median? 3.3 is the median 1st year grade, but I'd assume grades aren't evenly distributed so 3.3 probably isn't the median GPA. Do we release any GPA info at all? Latin honors? Order of the Coif? Anything?
You don't. And if employers ask, you don't. And if you are really worried about latin honors at this stage in the game, you are doing it wrong.

Bosque

Gold

Post by Bosque » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 am

Admittedly, I get ornery around finals time, so I might be being pessimistic as to your proposed schedule. I will try and remember to come back and re-evaluate when my mind is not full of consumer expectations and the berne convention.

dresq

Bronze

Post by dresq » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 am

1Ls - your job is to concentrate on 1L, part 2. Then, write a great case note. You'll figure the rest out as it comes.

Bosque is just cranky because he didn't drop products liability. The trick is to prioritize your doctrinal classes and spread them out fairly evenly over 2L and 3L so you don't have four finals in a semester. I did 3 doctrinal classes (only 10 hours) plus DLJ note (2 hours). Let's just say it was as bad as 1L, plus I'll be spending my break writing my 30-45 page student note. Professors in doctrinal classes tend to ignore the number of credits associated with their class.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”