Duke Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 pm

los blancos wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I'm an easy out. If you can find me, I dare you to out me.

You better watch out blancos, I know what you look like. I can out you from across the room.
I would have no idea how to out you unless you look like Larry David.

We should probably all just meet up and have an outing party. :mrgreen:
I think thats called OUTlaw, and you can find them at the student organization fair. (Dang, someone beat to me the obvious joke)

My username is literally my entire name (minus my first name). All you have to do is keep an eye out and figure out my first name. Let the games begin!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh I want to be in this outing party! Sounds fun. I not really that reticent to meet TLS people IRL at all. In fact, I met a few of them last year when I went through that admissions cycle and have actually kept up with a couple via phone conversations this year. It's been really useful to get their input on different schools, jobs, etc.

EDIT: Also, you guys should totally be able to recognize me in the mock class. I'll be doing a lot of this the whole time:

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:02 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Image
I already dislike you lol. I'm going to preempt your gunner-ness and tear up your case and throw away your writing utensils.

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:10 pm

oh god I forgot to do the readings, is this predictive of my future performance in law school

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:Image
I already dislike you lol. I'm going to preempt your gunner-ness and tear up your case and throw away your writing utensils.
Wouldn't do you any good. I've already read both cases 8 times, highlighted, and bought hornbooks just for the ASW. Bringing out the bigguns at ASW to intimidate all you competitors.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 pm

someones alt wrote:oh god I forgot to do the readings, is this predictive of my future performance in law school

Me too. I actually am printing them off right now. Too bad I'm driving all freaking day tomorrow and won't be able to read them. Wait, I mean, I already read them a bunch cuz I'm uber gunner.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 pm

It's on.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Jericwithers wrote:It's on.
Now it's on.

--ImageRemoved--

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Uhmmm...I surrender?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Jericwithers wrote:It's on.
I thought they only had those things at WUSTL? Damn...

Also, the chained-gnome penis is kind of weird.

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 pm

someones alt wrote:I'm bringing my deposit with me, I'm going to turn it in by hand if Duke woos me (they already have)
Same here. Problem is I just realized I forgot my scholarship acceptance form at home and I'm already on the road. Crap! Can someone else who got a scholarship post or pm me what it says about accepting the scholarship? I'm wondering if it must be turned in at the same time as my seat deposit, or if I'm OK to turn in just the deposit and enrollment intent form then mail in the scholly acceptance when I get back home.

I'm going to call the admissions office and ask too, but I'd really appreciate it if one of my future classmates would share the wording of the scholarship acceptance letter so I can get an idea of whether I'm risking losing it by putting down a seat deposit without handing over the scholly form at the same time.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

poprox wrote:
someones alt wrote:I'm bringing my deposit with me, I'm going to turn it in by hand if Duke woos me (they already have)
Same here. Problem is I just realized I forgot my scholarship acceptance form at home and I'm already on the road. Crap! Can someone else who got a scholarship post or pm me what it says about accepting the scholarship? I'm wondering if it must be turned in at the same time as my seat deposit, or if I'm OK to turn in just the deposit and enrollment intent form then mail in the scholly acceptance when I get back home.

I'm going to call the admissions office and ask too, but I'd really appreciate it if one of my future classmates would share the wording of the scholarship acceptance letter so I can get an idea of whether I'm risking losing it by putting down a seat deposit without handing over the scholly form at the same time.
It doesn't look like it has to be sent at the same time. To enroll you need to give a $500 check and the signed accept/decline form to the office of admissions. For scholarship you need to send a signed award letter and a signed scholarship contract to the office of financial aid.

Do you have the accept/decline form with you?

poprox

Bronze

Post by poprox » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
poprox wrote:

It doesn't look like it has to be sent at the same time. To enroll you need to give a $500 check and the signed accept/decline form to the office of admissions. For scholarship you need to send a signed award letter and a signed scholarship contract to the office of financial aid.

Do you have the accept/decline form with you?
yes, thankfully I remembered that. THANK YOU!!! It makes sense that admissions and financial aid are two separate functions. I'm just going to confirm with the office of financial aid tomorrow and I think I'm good to go. See you all Friday :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:51 pm

I will be the one in the mock class with a copy of the readings, their summary text, and the applicable E&E and hornbook.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm a 1L...I'll be around the law school. Say hey willya?

MissCongeniality

New

Post by MissCongeniality » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 am

someones alt wrote:I will be the one in the mock class with a copy of the readings, their summary text, and the applicable E&E and hornbook.

So...the fact that I was seriously going to create a summary sheet probably means something awful about my life.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 am

MissCongeniality wrote:
someones alt wrote:I will be the one in the mock class with a copy of the readings, their summary text, and the applicable E&E and hornbook.

So...the fact that I was seriously going to create a summary sheet probably means something awful about my life.

Yep, you're going to be a gunner (i.e. do well in your classes) so everyone will be jealous of you now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 am

thickfreakness wrote:
MissCongeniality wrote:

Yep, you're going to be a gunner (i.e. do well in your classes) so everyone will be jealous of you now.
I don't get jealous, I get even.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:17 pm

:mrgreen:

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Remember, if anybody can't find a suitable roommate on ASW, I'm looking for one
I am:

*clean
*not smelly
*no anger management issues
*cool with bringing visitors

You can find me on the facebook group as the guy from UF :)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:00 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Remember, if anybody can't find a suitable roommate on ASW, I'm looking for one
I am:

*clean
*not smelly
*no anger management issues
*cool with bringing visitors

You can find me on the facebook group as the guy from UF :)
Sorry, those are all the exact opposite characteristics I am looking for in a roommate (especially the UF part :twisted: ).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm here and damn tired. 9 hours of driving for the lose.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:57 pm

thickfreakness wrote:I'm here and damn tired. 9 hours of driving for the lose.
Relaxing at DFW airport. Free internet and power for the win. However, you win because you get to watch the basketball games.

Is Duke everything you ever dreamed of?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:I'm here and damn tired. 9 hours of driving for the lose.
Relaxing at DFW airport. Free internet and power for the win. However, you win because you get to watch the basketball games.

Is Duke everything you ever dreamed of?

Haven't been on campus yet. I'm still in the hotel. Some folks are going out tonight so I'm actually meeting them in about 20 minutes downtown (if my wife can get ready fast enough, which is a slim chance). I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning, though.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:12 pm

i landed at RDU a couple hours ago. gonna spend the evening driving around the triangle area. maybe head down to chapel hill. i'm planning to be there around 9 tomorrow.

really nice weather today

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”