Duke Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
thickfreakness

Silver

Re: Duke Class of 2013

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:51 pm

pelmen74 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote: Seemed like a sausage party to me, homie.
My impression is that there were more men than women in the class, although I didn't necessarily get an accurate count. (Is that better?)

pelmen74

Bronze

Post by pelmen74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:53 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
pelmen74 wrote:
My impression is that there were more men than women in the class, although I didn't necessarily get an accurate count. (Is that better?)
I was agreeing with you. The minus sign signaled displeasure.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 pm

pelmen74 wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
pelmen74 wrote:
I was agreeing with you. The minus sign signaled displeasure.
Ah, I see. Still, I need to get more diplomatic about these things since today is when I start creating my reputation as a lawyer.

The gender balance thing doesn't really affect me one way or the other since I'm married.

Reedie

Bronze

Post by Reedie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

I was hoping to run into a TLSer today, but I don't think I did. I was wearing a solid black shirt on the off chance I talked to someone from here.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

thickfreakness wrote:Ah, I see. Still, I need to get more diplomatic about these things since today is when I start creating my reputation as a lawyer.
Just started your lawyerly reputation today? Wishful thinking. You will always be an obnoxious alabama fan to me :P

I did find it odd that nobody outed me today though (at least nobody I hadn't already been outed with). My seat inside the TLS closet is safe? (or maybe I'm such an easy out that people take pity on me and don't call attention to the obvious)

I'm pretty sure I was able to out DallasCowboy's vehicle, or at least I hope nobody else has a jeep with a giant Gator spare tire on the back.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pelmen74

Bronze

Post by pelmen74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:Ah, I see. Still, I need to get more diplomatic about these things since today is when I start creating my reputation as a lawyer.
Just started your lawyerly reputation today? Wishful thinking. You will always be an obnoxious alabama fan to me :P

I did find it odd that nobody outed me today though (at least nobody I hadn't already been outed with). My seat inside the TLS closet is safe? (or maybe I'm such an easy out that people take pity on me and don't call attention to the obvious)

I'm pretty sure I was able to out DallasCowboy's vehicle, or at least I hope nobody else has a jeep with a giant Gator spare tire on the back.
You are in my writing section right (6)? I'll probably publicly out you tomorrow when the prof calls out names, since your name is obvious (shun the TLSer, shun).

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm pretty sure I know who someonesalt is and it's only a matter of time until I out the guy two posts above, publicly humiliating him.

Yeah, it was definitely skewed towards males. So not only is our year supremely overenrolled, but the extra 40 students are all guys. :(

Actually, looking at the roster for my LARW section, it's seriously at least 70% male. :shock:

I will say that I feel fortunate to have a cool LEAD fellow.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:18 pm

los blancos wrote:I'm pretty sure I know who someonesalt is and it's only a matter of time until I out the guy two posts above, publicly humiliating him.

Yeah, it was definitely skewed towards males. So not only is our year supremely overenrolled, but the extra 40 students are all guys. :(

Actually, looking at the roster for my LARW section, it's seriously at least 70% male. :shock:

I will say that I feel fortunate to have a cool LEAD fellow.
If thats the game you want to play then I must warn you that I am very good at blending in a crowd (think Waldo, only harder).

My LARW class is more like 60/40, which is historically the m/f ratio at Duke.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Can't wait to bust this baby out during LARW tomorrow. BOOM

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

I'm going to out jeric withers by pushing his books off the table on the first day of class.

edit: nevermind I won't out myself I like the mystery

I don't know who you are los blancos, but I think the only thing that might have given away who I was today was my inability to stop laughing during the duke pledge of allegiance
Last edited by someones alt on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Good idea. I think I'll get this picture blown up for him and see if he starts crying, then we'll know who he is.

--ImageRemoved--

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I know who all of you are already, and your simple mind games won't work thick.

Also someonesalt, maybe you should have payed attention to the honor pledge instead of laughing through it. I think you'll find your outing method would violate honor code Rule 5-2 subsection G.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Jericwithers wrote:would violate honor code Rule 5-2 subsection G.
Seems like there's a heck of a lotta stuff that could potentially violate the ol' honor code, doesn't it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I know who all of you are already
--ImageRemoved--

alt, i only think i know who you are because i believe your cycle oddly corresponds to someone i talked to during ASW.

i also think i might know who cowboy is, but that i'm not very sure about.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Jericwithers wrote:I know who all of you are already, and your simple mind games won't work thick.

Also someonesalt, maybe you should have payed attention to the honor pledge instead of laughing through it. I think you'll find your outing method would violate honor code Rule 5-2 subsection G.

Are you implying that you are "study, teaching, or research material" that someonesalt will sequester, mutilate, or destroy?

pelmen74

Bronze

Post by pelmen74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm

no dress code tmrw right?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:29 pm

los blancos wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:I know who all of you are already
--ImageRemoved--

alt, i only think i know who you are because i believe your cycle oddly corresponds to someone i talked to during ASW.

i also think i might know who cowboy is, but that i'm not very sure about.
I know who jericwithers and DallasCowboy are, other than that I'm pretty much clueless. Also, nice use of the Ducreux there.

The rest of you will never, ever be able to determine my identity.
--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Chairman

New

Post by Chairman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 pm

pelmen74 wrote:no dress code tmrw right?
Nope. Dress as you please.

Although I did notice a few people missed the memo about today. And a few of the girls went for a rather slutty interpretation of "business casual". Occasionally sort of humorous looking around.
Last edited by Chairman on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Instead of all this passive aggressive outing business, why don't we just have lunch together at the panel tomorrow?

....that way I can come by and laugh at all of you while outing yall to the rest of the class.

pelmen74

Bronze

Post by pelmen74 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Instead of all this passive aggressive outing business, why don't we just have lunch together at the panel tomorrow?

....that way I can come by and laugh at all of you while outing yall to the rest of the class.
Isn't the panel lunch split, among cohorts, and into the two auditoriums? At least that's what the schedule says.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 pm

The cohort thing is killing me, seriously.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 pm

pelmen74 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Instead of all this passive aggressive outing business, why don't we just have lunch together at the panel tomorrow?

Isn't the panel lunch split, among cohorts, and into the two auditoriums? At least that's what the schedule says.
It is split among the two auditoriums, but not among cohorts. My understanding is that you can sit in whichever auditorium you want.

someones alt

Bronze

Post by someones alt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm

oh work experience you say..? yes actually I've had quite a bit IN DARFUR MOTHERFUCKER.

Question: Do employers care about extracurricular activities outside of journals or potentially moot court? If one was heavily involved in a clinic or something, is that only a marginal boost or are extracurriculars simply something that everyone is expected to have a some and it's only a problem when you don't have any at all?

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Anyone going bowling tonight?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 pm

los blancos wrote:Anyone going bowling tonight?
I was never told of this. I am tempted to show up just to out you blancos; you are very tricky to spot.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”