Northwestern Law Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
dreamweaver87
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby dreamweaver87 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I've been told there is no exam software.


I see...

Then, yeah, I'm probably going for the Mac. I heard there was an Apple store like 4 blocks from campus, so I can go there if I have trouble.

Thanks for the info, guys.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby fl0w » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I've been told there is no exam software.


I see...

Then, yeah, I'm probably going for the Mac. I heard there was an Apple store like 4 blocks from campus, so I can go there if I have trouble.

Thanks for the info, guys.


Yes, there is. On Michigan Ave.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:I was on the website looking at their suggested laptops today and it had a spot that said they don't recommend Macs. ...which sucks because I had really wanted to buy one. Does anyone know if it's really a big deal or what the exact issue is with Macs? For example, does the testing software need Windows to run?

Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.

User avatar
ilovelamp18
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby ilovelamp18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
dreamweaver87 wrote:I was on the website looking at their suggested laptops today and it had a spot that said they don't recommend Macs. ...which sucks because I had really wanted to buy one. Does anyone know if it's really a big deal or what the exact issue is with Macs? For example, does the testing software need Windows to run?

Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.


Would you be so kind as to post anything more you know about this. I'm thinking of replacing my MacBook this fall. I dropped this one from the roof of my car and its in less than ideal condition. :)

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 pm

ilovelamp18 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
dreamweaver87 wrote:I was on the website looking at their suggested laptops today and it had a spot that said they don't recommend Macs. ...which sucks because I had really wanted to buy one. Does anyone know if it's really a big deal or what the exact issue is with Macs? For example, does the testing software need Windows to run?

Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.


Would you be so kind as to post anything more you know about this. I'm thinking of replacing my MacBook this fall. I dropped this one from the roof of my car and its in less than ideal condition. :)

That's basically all I know. It was all supposed to be posted already, but IT either hasn't figured out what the deal is or someone hasn't been keeping up with their work.

Well, I guess one thing I can clarify is that what I mean by saying they will fully support macs is that if you have an issue and it's not your hard drive, then they will take your hard drive out and put it in a loaner while they fix your computer. This is exactly what they do with the dells. Our class was told this by an IT person during orientation, which was 2.5 weeks ago. They said they hoped to have the macs posted on the website by the end of that week, so they are a little late.

dreamweaver87
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby dreamweaver87 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.


That's awesome. I hope they post about it soon because I had wanted to get my laptop fairly soon, but if this is true, maybe I should wait it out.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:05 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.


That's awesome. I hope they post about it soon because I had wanted to get my laptop fairly soon, but if this is true, maybe I should wait it out.

I am assuming the delay is that they are still trying to agree on a price with Apple. It's possible that the IT person that spoke with us was more optimistic than she should have been about a discount larger than the normal student discount. Either way, it seems like a foregone conclusion that they will be offering Macs this year, with the only uncertainty being the price at which we get them.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby NayBoer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm

How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:53 pm

NayBoer wrote:How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?

The content isn't that difficult so far, but the time commitment is even more than I thought it would be. Really, it seems that all I do from waking up until going to sleep is attend class and read (during the weekdays). The professors are great so far. It's rumored that they gave us their best professors this summer, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby NayBoer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear that. At least you get to save yourself a full year.

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby TTT-LS » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:24 pm

,
Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 pm

NayBoer wrote:Sorry to hear that. At least you get to save yourself a full year.

No, it's not really that bad. I still have most my weekends to do as I please.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
NayBoer wrote:How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?

The content isn't that difficult so far, but the time commitment is even more than I thought it would be. Really, it seems that all I do from waking up until going to sleep is attend class and read (during the weekdays). The professors are great so far. It's rumored that they gave us their best professors this summer, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Who's teaching this summer? I may have outline gifts for you.

Sent you a PM. That would be awesome if you have outlines.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby D-hops » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Has anyone tried to fill out the Grad PLUS application on the studentloans.gov website? I keep getting an error that Northwestern does not accept applications for the 2010-2011 school year.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

D-hops wrote:Has anyone tried to fill out the Grad PLUS application on the studentloans.gov website? I keep getting an error that Northwestern does not accept applications for the 2010-2011 school year.

i don't even see this form on my checklist, is it called something else?

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby NayBoer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 pm

The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:07 pm

NayBoer wrote:The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.

yeah it is actually there just named differently, ignore me

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby D-hops » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm

NayBoer wrote:The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.


Yeah, looks like by filling out the MPN they run the credit check automatically. I thought you had to apply to be approved to get the loan. Thanks.

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.


DLA Piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 pm

miamiman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.


DLA Piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

ha. he/we would be lucky if DPA Piper wanted to do anything with his/our balls/(ovaries?)

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

IAFG wrote:
miamiman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.


DLA Piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

ha. he/we would be lucky if DPA Piper wanted to do anything with his/our balls/(ovaries?)


Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids infested hookers for right to be a DLA Piper fluffer.
Last edited by 09042014 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm

oh and dhops i am running into the same problem

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby miamiman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids invested hookers for right to be a DLA Piper fluffer.


True to desert fox form, barely intelligible english scribbled hastily onto a page.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 pm

miamiman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids invested hookers for right to be a DLA Piper fluffer.


True to desert fox form, barely intelligible english scribbled hastily onto a page.

and he could have been your curve padding, enjoy UChi median

wait actually UChi median does great, fml
Last edited by IAFG on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest