Northwestern Law Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Sauer Grapes

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu May 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the Seneca Apartments? It is the upper floor of the hotel and is pretty cheap, utilities included and unfurnished or furnished.

I decided against staying there (I think), but it sounded like it could be great or a huge bust.

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Thu May 06, 2010 4:38 pm

anybody know if there's any upcoming deadlines? I've yet to receive my admitted students package and just nervous I'll miss any pending deadlines while in europe. Checked the as website and didn't see anything...

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Sauer Grapes when are you getting to Chicago?

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Thu May 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Can anybody help me out with the admitted student site? My NetID and password won't get me in (the one that works for CAESAR), and neither will my password I created for my email. I emailed Charlene Ruell, and she said to use the "username and password combination that was given to you upon admission." Any hints as to where I might find said username/password combo?

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Thu May 06, 2010 6:02 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Can anybody help me out with the admitted student site? My NetID and password won't get me in (the one that works for CAESAR), and neither will my password I created for my email. I emailed Charlene Ruell, and she said to use the "username and password combination that was given to you upon admission." Any hints as to where I might find said username/password combo?
Should have come in the admit email. Everybody has the same one.

You will receive an Admitted Student Portfolio in the mail next month. In the meantime, we have created an Admitted Student Website for your reference. The login is: XXXXX and the password is: XXXXXXX

Edit - PMed it to you

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Thu May 06, 2010 6:06 pm

NayBoer wrote:
MusicNutMeggie wrote:Can anybody help me out with the admitted student site? My NetID and password won't get me in (the one that works for CAESAR), and neither will my password I created for my email. I emailed Charlene Ruell, and she said to use the "username and password combination that was given to you upon admission." Any hints as to where I might find said username/password combo?
Should have come in the admit email. Everybody has the same one.

You will receive an Admitted Student Portfolio in the mail next month. In the meantime, we have created an Admitted Student Website for your reference. The login is: XXXXX and the password is: XXXXXXX

Edit - PMed it to you

Thanks!!!

AddyO

Postby AddyO » Thu May 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Am I the only one who still doesn't have
a NetID, password, and email account? I keep
asking the admission office and they keep saying
tomorrow. This has gone on like 3 times!

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu May 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Drew2010 wrote:Sauer Grapes when are you getting to Chicago?

Saturday the 15th. Late I know, but I had to put the move together in two weeks.

Wanna help me move in? I'll pay.

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Drew2010 wrote:Sauer Grapes when are you getting to Chicago?

Saturday the 15th. Late I know, but I had to put the move together in two weeks.

Wanna help me move in? I'll pay.

When I saw you talking earlier in the thread about that one hotel/apartment place I figured that was you. You messaged me on facebook today seeing if I could help you move, and by the way ya I can, but forget that paying me crap, just buy me a drink sometime. I think you might want to double check however how long you have to move in. I only say that because I assume you're going to be moving into a place that requires you to schedule the service elevator to move in, and I know for my building they only allowed 1 hour to move into my size apartment. Your building might be different, which would be good, but if not it would probably help to be prepared to haul ass in the amount of time they give you. Anyway, like I said I don't mind helping out, I've got nothing going on that day. Just friend me and facebook and let me know when and what time on Saturday and I'll be there.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Fri May 07, 2010 12:59 am

Finally got my spiffy admitted student portfolio today-- lovely to get such a nice, hefty envelope. :-)

Shellbelle

Postby Shellbelle » Fri May 07, 2010 12:47 pm

MusicNutMeggie wrote:Finally got my spiffy admitted student portfolio today-- lovely to get such a nice, hefty envelope. :-)

+1 me too!!!

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Fri May 07, 2010 4:34 pm

A few queries:

1) To anyone who is on the waitlist at McClurg--what did you use as your proof of income? A current paystub? We don't have our official financial aid offers yet which leads me to...

2) Has anyone seen any movement on that front? I got the excel sheet in April detailing what I would be getting, but nothing official since. They mentioned in an email that they would be sending instructions to our @nlaw emails but I haven't received anything yet.

NayBoer

Postby NayBoer » Fri May 07, 2010 6:29 pm

YellowCake wrote:A few queries:

1) To anyone who is on the waitlist at McClurg--what did you use as your proof of income? A current paystub? We don't have our official financial aid offers yet which leads me to...

2) Has anyone seen any movement on that front? I got the excel sheet in April detailing what I would be getting, but nothing official since. They mentioned in an email that they would be sending instructions to our @nlaw emails but I haven't received anything yet.
I'm on the WL, I haven't had to prove income yet. The woman I talked to didn't seem concerned, since they take so many students. Paystub would be useless if they know you're going to quit for law school.

I haven't gotten anything re FinAid. I'm assuming they will get to us, since it's really in their interest to make sure tuition gets paid. There might be something in Caesar. I think at some point we'll accept our loans through Caesar. Pretty sure I heard that at ASW.

gerghk

Postby gerghk » Sat May 08, 2010 2:43 am

Has anyone worked with Tyler from student-spaces.com?

gerghk

Postby gerghk » Sat May 08, 2010 9:50 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
gerghk wrote:Has anyone worked with Tyler from student-spaces.com?

Yes.

Good experience?

michaellikesit

Postby michaellikesit » Mon May 10, 2010 11:21 am

I will be attending the law school in the fall and am hoping to get some more information about housing/apartments. I would prefer to live close to campus, and although I am not averse to having a roommate, I am a little fearful of getting someone nuttier than squirrel poo.

Anyone who attends the university who can help, or someone in the same position as me, I appreciate any input/feedback you have.

Thanks.

Michael

enygma

Postby enygma » Mon May 10, 2010 2:33 pm

2012 student here. If any of you guys are interested, I'm giving up my sweet place in the gold coast area, and looking for people to take it over August 1. It's a 1BR, 12 minute walk from school and right on the lake (or as on the lake as you get, there's a road in the way). I've got a private balcony as well, doorman and the works, as well as a lovely rooftop for summer relaxing. Rent is $1400. PM me if you're interested and I can give you more info.

I'm sad to see the place go, but my girlfriend is moving out of the city and I can't justify living here by myself. I don't know the square footage, but it's been plenty spacious for the both of us.

sparty11

Postby sparty11 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:13 pm

just signed at the Onterie...56th floor for under a grand! i read some reviews on google about how the walls are paper thin which resulted in noisy rooms, but i just couldnt pass up that price/view/location. hopefully it will all work out! anyone else at the Onterie?

Postby 09042014 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:22 pm

sparty11 wrote:just signed at the Onterie...56th floor for under a grand! i read some reviews on google about how the walls are paper thin which resulted in noisy rooms, but i just couldnt pass up that price/view/location. hopefully it will all work out! anyone else at the Onterie?

How big? I'm considering Onterie.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon May 10, 2010 11:23 pm

sparty11 wrote:just signed at the Onterie...56th floor for under a grand! i read some reviews on google about how the walls are paper thin which resulted in noisy rooms, but i just couldnt pass up that price/view/location. hopefully it will all work out! anyone else at the Onterie?

That's cheaper than I thought they were! I'm excited about/dreading finding an apartment.

sparty11

Postby sparty11 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

How big? I'm considering Onterie.

It's a studio...480 sq. ft. i think. i really like their layout though, it felt a lot bigger than that. i was in a convertable that was 620 sq. ft. and the layout sucked, so it actually felt smaller than the studio.

bearsrock

Postby bearsrock » Mon May 10, 2010 11:38 pm

can somebody post something to make me really excited about coming?

sparty11

Postby sparty11 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:

That's cheaper than I thought they were! I'm excited about/dreading finding an apartment.

yeah...i felt like it was really hard to comparison shop because the rent changes based on your floor level/kitchen upgrade/square feet. add to that the fact that the different places all have different "specials" that change from month to month, and they can't tell you availability until 60 days before your move in date, so you don't even know what will be available!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon May 10, 2010 11:39 pm

bearsrock wrote:can somebody post something to make me really excited about coming?

Okay, I'm not a member of this thread.... (plzplzplzplzplz)...but, WTF? You're NOT excited?! WITHDRAW NAO!

but srsly, NU is awesome. get excited. now.

Postby 09042014 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 pm

Anyone look at 211 Delaware?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”