Northwestern Law Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
dreamweaver87

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2013

Post by dreamweaver87 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I've been told there is no exam software.
I see...

Then, yeah, I'm probably going for the Mac. I heard there was an Apple store like 4 blocks from campus, so I can go there if I have trouble.

Thanks for the info, guys.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I've been told there is no exam software.
I see...

Then, yeah, I'm probably going for the Mac. I heard there was an Apple store like 4 blocks from campus, so I can go there if I have trouble.

Thanks for the info, guys.
Yes, there is. On Michigan Ave.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:20 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:I was on the website looking at their suggested laptops today and it had a spot that said they don't recommend Macs. ...which sucks because I had really wanted to buy one. Does anyone know if it's really a big deal or what the exact issue is with Macs? For example, does the testing software need Windows to run?
Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.

ilovelamp18

Bronze

Post by ilovelamp18 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
dreamweaver87 wrote:I was on the website looking at their suggested laptops today and it had a spot that said they don't recommend Macs. ...which sucks because I had really wanted to buy one. Does anyone know if it's really a big deal or what the exact issue is with Macs? For example, does the testing software need Windows to run?
Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.
Would you be so kind as to post anything more you know about this. I'm thinking of replacing my MacBook this fall. I dropped this one from the roof of my car and its in less than ideal condition. :)

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 pm

ilovelamp18 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Would you be so kind as to post anything more you know about this. I'm thinking of replacing my MacBook this fall. I dropped this one from the roof of my car and its in less than ideal condition. :)
That's basically all I know. It was all supposed to be posted already, but IT either hasn't figured out what the deal is or someone hasn't been keeping up with their work.

Well, I guess one thing I can clarify is that what I mean by saying they will fully support macs is that if you have an issue and it's not your hard drive, then they will take your hard drive out and put it in a loaner while they fix your computer. This is exactly what they do with the dells. Our class was told this by an IT person during orientation, which was 2.5 weeks ago. They said they hoped to have the macs posted on the website by the end of that week, so they are a little late.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dreamweaver87

Bronze

Post by dreamweaver87 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.
That's awesome. I hope they post about it soon because I had wanted to get my laptop fairly soon, but if this is true, maybe I should wait it out.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:05 pm

dreamweaver87 wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Actually, starting this incoming year they are fully supporting macs and will also *reportedly* be offering specials that beat the regular apple student discount.
That's awesome. I hope they post about it soon because I had wanted to get my laptop fairly soon, but if this is true, maybe I should wait it out.
I am assuming the delay is that they are still trying to agree on a price with Apple. It's possible that the IT person that spoke with us was more optimistic than she should have been about a discount larger than the normal student discount. Either way, it seems like a foregone conclusion that they will be offering Macs this year, with the only uncertainty being the price at which we get them.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm

How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:53 pm

NayBoer wrote:How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?
The content isn't that difficult so far, but the time commitment is even more than I thought it would be. Really, it seems that all I do from waking up until going to sleep is attend class and read (during the weekdays). The professors are great so far. It's rumored that they gave us their best professors this summer, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear that. At least you get to save yourself a full year.

TTT-LS

Silver

Post by TTT-LS » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:19 pm

NayBoer wrote:Sorry to hear that. At least you get to save yourself a full year.
No, it's not really that bad. I still have most my weekends to do as I please.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
NayBoer wrote:How are the AJD classes going? How rough is the schedule?
The content isn't that difficult so far, but the time commitment is even more than I thought it would be. Really, it seems that all I do from waking up until going to sleep is attend class and read (during the weekdays). The professors are great so far. It's rumored that they gave us their best professors this summer, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.
Who's teaching this summer? I may have outline gifts for you.
Sent you a PM. That would be awesome if you have outlines.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Has anyone tried to fill out the Grad PLUS application on the studentloans.gov website? I keep getting an error that Northwestern does not accept applications for the 2010-2011 school year.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

D-hops wrote:Has anyone tried to fill out the Grad PLUS application on the studentloans.gov website? I keep getting an error that Northwestern does not accept applications for the 2010-2011 school year.
i don't even see this form on my checklist, is it called something else?

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 pm

The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:07 pm

NayBoer wrote:The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.
yeah it is actually there just named differently, ignore me

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm

NayBoer wrote:The application isn't on my To Do Item List in Caesar. It says FAFSA and Need Access, the two promissory notes, the counseling, and then the award notice, where you accept or decline the money. I don't think the studentloans.gov application is necessary.

Or maybe it comes later.
Yeah, looks like by filling out the MPN they run the credit check automatically. I thought you had to apply to be approved to get the loan. Thanks.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.
dla piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 pm

miamiman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I think the school might do it for us. Shit I signed up for 71 thousand dollars in loans. FML.
DLA Piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
ha. he/we would be lucky if DPA Piper wanted to do anything with his/our balls/(ovaries?)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 pm

IAFG wrote:
miamiman wrote:
DLA Piper has you by the balls, death grip and all, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
ha. he/we would be lucky if DPA Piper wanted to do anything with his/our balls/(ovaries?)
Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids infested hookers for right to be a dla piper fluffer.
Last edited by 09042014 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm

oh and dhops i am running into the same problem

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids invested hookers for right to be a DLA Piper fluffer.
True to desert fox form, barely intelligible english scribbled hastily onto a page.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 pm

miamiman wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Agreed, I've fornicate with 18 aids invested hookers for right to be a DLA Piper fluffer.
True to desert fox form, barely intelligible english scribbled hastily onto a page.
and he could have been your curve padding, enjoy UChi median

wait actually UChi median does great, fml
Last edited by IAFG on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”