UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 am

dgouzoul wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*





*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)


you lie


I wonder if i know who dgouzoul or billyez are????

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*





*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)


you lie


I wonder if i know who dgouzoul or billyez are????


billyez is very difficult to figure out

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Doritos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

dgouzoul wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*






*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)


you lie


Image

I know who all you fools are. So easy to figure out...

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby dgouzoul » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 pm

i hide behind my username

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby gladiator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:12 pm

dgouzoul wrote:i hide behind my username


I don't think I've met you.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm

gladiator wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:i hide behind my username


I don't think I've met you.


I don't know who any of you are... but seriously panda and billeyz who the heck are you?

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby billyez » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 pm

It's pretty safe to say that if you've met me, you'll know it.

flyingpanda wrote:billyez is very difficult to figure out


At this point, I've stopped cursing myself for being so dumb when I made this username. I just assume that people know who I am from the get-go. Although, it was still a bit disconcerting when that one guy was all, "Yeah, I know you from TLS."

I've gotta say though, it sure didn't take a lot of skill to figure you out either.


More importantly, any 2L's or 3L's who signed up for PILA stuff during 1L willing to say anything about how well the experience went? A little focus on whether it affected academics at all would be helpful...

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:30 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
gladiator wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:i hide behind my username


I don't think I've met you.


I don't know who any of you are... but seriously panda and billeyz who the heck are you?


There's a high chance you've met me, I've gone out to 99% of all the events including the stuff that happened before school.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
gladiator wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:i hide behind my username


I don't think I've met you.


I don't know who any of you are... but seriously panda and billeyz who the heck are you?


There's a high chance you've met me, I've gone out to 99% of all the events including the stuff that happened before school.


Yep, i've definitely met you then. Do you know who I am?

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby flyingpanda » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Yep, i've definitely met you then. Do you know who I am?


I have an idea, but not really. It's prob way easier for you to guess who I am lol.

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby billyez » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Did everything possible to gently avoid getting too involved in Dandelion and wound up getting easily sucked into it. *sigh*

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 pm

billyez wrote:More importantly, any 2L's or 3L's who signed up for PILA stuff during 1L willing to say anything about how well the experience went? A little focus on whether it affected academics at all would be helpful...

I was a PILA 1L section rep. It didn't affect me academically at all.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:29 am

I'm thinking of designing a shirt for those select few that successfully complete FebClub.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Still no money.

berkeleykel06
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby berkeleykel06 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Anyone who doesn't stay in the library until midnight every night is TTT.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Still no money.

They read your comments on here and are setting an example with you.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby dailygrind » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:12 am

berkeleykel06 wrote:Anyone who doesn't stay in the library until midnight every night is TTT.


it takes too long to leave the study in my house. the commute is time i can be studying.

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby BruceWayne » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm

I regret not having done any 0L prep. Having read some of the very general basic overview supplements would have given me a basic understanding of the rules/black letter law. That would have been preferable to having to figure them out on my own by reading supplements etc. while also trying to stay caught up with the casebook reading and pulling them out from my professors' lectures (which is easier said than done since most of them only mention the rules in passing--excluding civ pro. That professor admittedly stresses them.) Doing the former would have saved more time that could be used to finish the LRW assignments. Oh well-- live and learn.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Cavalier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:07 pm

BruceWayne wrote:I regret not having done any 0L prep. Having read some of the very general basic overview supplements would have given me a basic understanding of the rules/black letter law. That would have been preferable to having to figure them out on my own by reading supplements etc. while also trying to stay caught up with the casebook reading and pulling them out from my professors' lectures (which is easier said than done since most of them only mention the rules in passing--excluding civ pro. That professor admittedly stresses them.) Doing the former would have saved more time that could be used to finish the LRW assignments. Oh well-- live and learn.

Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Cavalier wrote:Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.


Thanks! This helps! I found LRW to be a huge time sink.

User avatar
bgdddymtty
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby bgdddymtty » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 pm

billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.
Not if we judge by softball skillz. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Cavalier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:35 pm

slider wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.

Thanks! This helps! I found LRW to be a huge time sink.

It shouldn't be. Some people get in trouble for being extremely lazy (for example, by making zero revisions on the second draft of an assignment), but as long as you put in a few hours you should be fine. To minimize the amount of time you spend, put it off until the last minute. Even if you don't start an assignment until a couple days before it's due, you will finish, but you'll have spent far less time on it than most people.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Cavalier wrote:
slider wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Believe me, 0L prep doesn't help. Don't worry about school for now - just focus on staying caught up with the reading. You can use fall break to learn all the rules as you make your outlines. With regard to LRW, try to spend as little time on it as possible. Anything written at an 8th grade level will pass.

Thanks! This helps! I found LRW to be a huge time sink.

It shouldn't be. Some people get in trouble for being extremely lazy (for example, by making zero revisions on the second draft of an assignment), but as long as you put in a few hours you should be fine. To minimize the amount of time you spend, put it off until the last minute. Even if you don't start an assignment until a couple days before it's due, you will finish, but you'll have spent far less time on it than most people.

This is pretty much how I did it. Every waking hour the two days before an assignment was due, I was writing it, but I was only ever working on LRW those few days out of the year.

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby billyez » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.
Not if we judge by softball skillz. :mrgreen:


Hardy har har. We might have lost on the scoreboard, but we at least tied in spirit. :wink:

But seriously, these folks are the best group of folks I could have hoped to have as a section. I've managed to drink the UVA Kool-Aid pretty deeply, it appears. A lot more fun than a Texas suburb, certainly.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19668
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby dailygrind » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:58 pm

i've had a few cups of the koolaid myself. this really is an enjoyable experience.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest