UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby oneforship » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:55 pm

bowie8285 wrote:WOWW!!! I'M IN!!! i just switched to ED today and got the call from Mr. Faulk :D soooo excited!!


Awesome, congrats!

SweetnessUVA
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby SweetnessUVA » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:00 pm

HeelsforHoos wrote:
Thanks. I actually have a serious post though. Ever since becoming UVA c/o 2013, I have found it very difficult to work on anything. I'm still in grad school right now, and I really ought to pass my classes (or at least turn in my papers today). Is anyone else too excited to focus on job, school, etc? Does anyone have excitement mitigation strategies?


..
Last edited by SweetnessUVA on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HJO
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby HJO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm

bowie8285 wrote:WOWW!!! I'M IN!!! i just switched to ED today and got the call from Mr. Faulk :D soooo excited!!


congrats!

bowie8285
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby bowie8285 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:01 pm

.
Last edited by bowie8285 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

oneforship wrote:
HeelsforHoos wrote:
bowie8285 wrote:i can totally see that happening. UVA draw the line at 3.85 so they didn't want her to fall below that. haven't you seen their right angle chart?? hilarious: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats


:shock:


I'm the proud owner of the 3rd lowest GPA to report acceptance at UVA this cycle. 8)


You will move down (or up?) to fourth after I create my LSN profile this weekend.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
oneforship wrote:
HeelsforHoos wrote:
bowie8285 wrote:i can totally see that happening. UVA draw the line at 3.85 so they didn't want her to fall below that. haven't you seen their right angle chart?? hilarious: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats


:shock:


I'm the proud owner of the 3rd lowest GPA to report acceptance at UVA this cycle. 8)


You will move down (or up?) to fourth after I create my LSN profile this weekend.


My avatar means nothing but bad news for yours.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby oneforship » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
oneforship wrote:
HeelsforHoos wrote:
bowie8285 wrote:i can totally see that happening. UVA draw the line at 3.85 so they didn't want her to fall below that. haven't you seen their right angle chart?? hilarious: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats


:shock:


I'm the proud owner of the 3rd lowest GPA to report acceptance at UVA this cycle. 8)


You will move down (or up?) to fourth after I create my LSN profile this weekend.


As long as I can stay in the top 10 I'll be happy. :)

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 pm

wackjickham wrote:My avatar means nothing but bad news for yours.


The Wire tars are where it's at.

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby bluejayk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 pm

oneforship wrote:As long as I can stay in the top 10 I'll be happy. :)


Heh, I think I'm 10th place right now, but apparently not for long.

User avatar
Wi11iam
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Wi11iam » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Anybody know what the furniture in the furnished rooms at the Jeffersonian is like?
I'm all for mobility, but I place a higher value on living in a place that's not furnished with trash.

Edit: a question mark would help... too much apathy caused by early decision...

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm

HJO wrote:Maybe some racquetball and a few gin and tonics to follow?


That's the sort of plan I'm talking about. I'm not a very good racquetball player, but I took a class a few semesters ago and I hope to play a good bit this semester when I get the chance. Gin and Tonic is my mixed drink of choice though. I mean we're gonna have to stay healthy in law school so play racquetball, get a bit of a sweat going, then do some heavy drinking and really drain all the moisture from our bodies.

I also have the 3.85 line going on. The trigger pull on my "I'm taking this class pass fail" gun is set super short. I've crunched the numbers though and I'd have to really botch this semester go below 3.85 so I'm not too worried. Also, updating transcripts after a really dumb move = super mistake. I'm thinking it won't come to that though.

User avatar
HJO
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby HJO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
HJO wrote:Maybe some racquetball and a few gin and tonics to follow?


That's the sort of plan I'm talking about. I'm not a very good racquetball player, but I took a class a few semesters ago and I hope to play a good bit this semester when I get the chance. Gin and Tonic is my mixed drink of choice though. I mean we're gonna have to stay healthy in law school so play racquetball, get a bit of a sweat going, then do some heavy drinking and really drain all the moisture from our bodies.

I also have the 3.85 line going on. The trigger pull on my "I'm taking this class pass fail" gun is set super short. I've crunched the numbers though and I'd have to really botch this semester go below 3.85 so I'm not too worried. Also, updating transcripts after a really dumb move = super mistake. I'm thinking it won't come to that though.


Word up. I'm not very good either but it is a great exercise and I really enjoy playing. As for your GPA, what circumstances would there be that would require you updating your LSDAS report?

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

HJO wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:
HJO wrote:Maybe some racquetball and a few gin and tonics to follow?


That's the sort of plan I'm talking about. I'm not a very good racquetball player, but I took a class a few semesters ago and I hope to play a good bit this semester when I get the chance. Gin and Tonic is my mixed drink of choice though. I mean we're gonna have to stay healthy in law school so play racquetball, get a bit of a sweat going, then do some heavy drinking and really drain all the moisture from our bodies.

I also have the 3.85 line going on. The trigger pull on my "I'm taking this class pass fail" gun is set super short. I've crunched the numbers though and I'd have to really botch this semester go below 3.85 so I'm not too worried. Also, updating transcripts after a really dumb move = super mistake. I'm thinking it won't come to that though.


Word up. I'm not very good either but it is a great exercise and I really enjoy playing. As for your GPA, what circumstances would there be that would require you updating your LSDAS report?


None is what I'm thinking (kind of). Here is how I figure it plays out, you have 3 options, I'll list them in order of desirability:

1- GPA goes up final semesters, you update it, take the bump, feel happy.
2- GPA goes down, you call the school and tell them, they tell you to go bury your transcript under a rock in the mountains of Tibet. You need to send them a transcript to show you graduated, but not to LSAC after all.
3- GPA Down. You go rogue, report your GPA, unwittingly wait for the call that confirms you are an idiot.

Anyone have any more experience with this?

User avatar
HJO
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby HJO » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:10 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
HJO wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:
HJO wrote:Maybe some racquetball and a few gin and tonics to follow?


That's the sort of plan I'm talking about. I'm not a very good racquetball player, but I took a class a few semesters ago and I hope to play a good bit this semester when I get the chance. Gin and Tonic is my mixed drink of choice though. I mean we're gonna have to stay healthy in law school so play racquetball, get a bit of a sweat going, then do some heavy drinking and really drain all the moisture from our bodies.

I also have the 3.85 line going on. The trigger pull on my "I'm taking this class pass fail" gun is set super short. I've crunched the numbers though and I'd have to really botch this semester go below 3.85 so I'm not too worried. Also, updating transcripts after a really dumb move = super mistake. I'm thinking it won't come to that though.


Word up. I'm not very good either but it is a great exercise and I really enjoy playing. As for your GPA, what circumstances would there be that would require you updating your LSDAS report?


None is what I'm thinking (kind of). Here is how I figure it plays out, you have 3 options, I'll list them in order of desirability:

1- GPA goes up final semesters, you update it, take the bump, feel happy.
2- GPA goes down, you call the school and tell them, they tell you to go bury your transcript under a rock in the mountains of Tibet. You need to send them a transcript to show you graduated, but not to LSAC after all.
3- GPA Down. You go rogue, report your GPA, unwittingly wait for the call that confirms you are an idiot.

Anyone have any more experience with this?


1A-Do exactly what they told me to do and not update my transcript.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:11 pm

..

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
oneforship wrote:
HeelsforHoos wrote:
bowie8285 wrote:i can totally see that happening. UVA draw the line at 3.85 so they didn't want her to fall below that. haven't you seen their right angle chart?? hilarious: http://uva.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats


:shock:


I'm the proud owner of the 3rd lowest GPA to report acceptance at UVA this cycle. 8)


You will move down (or up?) to fourth after I create my LSN profile this weekend.


First: I'm pretty far down there as well, but my thing on LSN doesn't show up when you look at Virginia applicants, any idea why?

Second: Is this story really true? She must have had a sub 170 LSAT I'm guessing?

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby wackjickham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Philo38 wrote:First: I'm pretty far down there as well, but my thing on LSN doesn't show up when you look at Virginia applicants, any idea why?


Did you verify your account?

User avatar
Wi11iam
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Wi11iam » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Wi11iam wrote:Anybody know what the furniture in the furnished rooms at the Jeffersonian is like?
I'm all for mobility, but I place a higher value on living in a place that's not furnished with trash.

Edit: a question mark would help... too much apathy caused by early decision...

It depends on the particular apartment. Mine came furnished. My living room set was new; it's not top-of-the-line but it's a good quality fabric, and I've been pleased (I also like its aesthetics). My dining room set is a run-of-the-mill pine (functional and not ugly, but not eye-catching). The large dresser and vanity thing match, but they're kind of ugly in my opinion (they look like dorm furniture). The desk and the matching desk chair are pretty nice although, I actually use my own desk for the most part (my desk is an L-shaped monster; I put the furnished desk at the side so I have a U-shaped desk setup).

1 dining set (one table and four matching chairs)
1 desk
1 desk chair
1 coach
1 loveseat (matches couch)
1 coffee table
2 end tables
1 queen size bed (mattress, boxsprings, and frame)
1 twin size bed for my den (mattress, boxsprings, and frame)
1 large dresser
1 small dresser for my den
1 dresser/vanity thing (has mirror)
2 living room lamps


Thanks! This is really helpful, YCRev.

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm

wackjickham wrote:
Philo38 wrote:First: I'm pretty far down there as well, but my thing on LSN doesn't show up when you look at Virginia applicants, any idea why?


Did you verify your account?


Ha, and there it is. Thanks.

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm

Wi11iam wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Wi11iam wrote:Anybody know what the furniture in the furnished rooms at the Jeffersonian is like?
I'm all for mobility, but I place a higher value on living in a place that's not furnished with trash.

Edit: a question mark would help... too much apathy caused by early decision...

It depends on the particular apartment. Mine came furnished. My living room set was new; it's not top-of-the-line but it's a good quality fabric, and I've been pleased (I also like its aesthetics). My dining room set is a run-of-the-mill pine (functional and not ugly, but not eye-catching). The large dresser and vanity thing match, but they're kind of ugly in my opinion (they look like dorm furniture). The desk and the matching desk chair are pretty nice although, I actually use my own desk for the most part (my desk is an L-shaped monster; I put the furnished desk at the side so I have a U-shaped desk setup).

1 dining set (one table and four matching chairs)
1 desk
1 desk chair
1 coach
1 loveseat (matches couch)
1 coffee table
2 end tables
1 queen size bed (mattress, boxsprings, and frame)
1 twin size bed for my den (mattress, boxsprings, and frame)
1 large dresser
1 small dresser for my den
1 dresser/vanity thing (has mirror)
2 living room lamps


Thanks! This is really helpful, YCRev.


YCrev,

I know that you have said earlier it is best to submit an application for the Jeffersonian in January, how competitive are the apartments there? Is it more or less difficult to get the two bedrooms? Ivy isn't an option for me since I have a dog. Thanks.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Philo38 wrote:YCrev,

I know that you have said earlier it is best to submit an application for the Jeffersonian in January, how competitive are the apartments there? Is it more or less difficult to get the two bedrooms? Ivy isn't an option for me since I have a dog. Thanks.


If you don't submit by Jan. 4 you probably aren't getting an apartment there.

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Philo38 wrote:YCrev,

I know that you have said earlier it is best to submit an application for the Jeffersonian in January, how competitive are the apartments there? Is it more or less difficult to get the two bedrooms? Ivy isn't an option for me since I have a dog. Thanks.


If you don't submit by Jan. 4 you probably aren't getting an apartment there.


Okay, wow. Is it common in your knowledge that people submit before Jan 4 and still don't get one?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:04 am

..

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:11 am

And if you submit in that Jan 1-4 window, what is the time frame you generally have to decide whether or not to take the apartment? (I believe I read back a couple pages the application is free?)

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am

Is there anyway you can control which apartment you get at Ivy? (Like getting the one's closest to the law school as opposed to the apartments 1/4 mile further away)

Also is there any way someone could post some pictures or links to pictures of both Ivy and the Jeffersonian?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest