UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

Kegs and eggs at my boss' house with the entire staff. The agreement was that we had to do some mindless data entry for the first half. I'm signing off and rocking out for the 2nd. :mrgreen:

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:58 am

Donovan in the 91' minute!

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby TheSharklord » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Donovan in the 91' minute!


Y.E.S.

But seriously though, FIFA officiating has been awful.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Has anyone tried to enroll for the Aetna insurance yet? I went to the aetnastudenthealth.com website and it looks like the 2010/2011 school year is not up yet, I just called Aetna and they told me if would not be up until July and that the deadline to enroll is in October.

<FYI>

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:05 pm

A Swift wrote:
Thank you! Where did we get the initial form?


Surprisingly I never got an email. Fortunately someone posted it in this thread a couple of weeks ago.

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby TheSharklord » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm

slider wrote:
A Swift wrote:
Thank you! Where did we get the initial form?


Surprisingly I never got an email. Fortunately someone posted it in this thread a couple of weeks ago.


Neither did I, actually.

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:23 pm

TheSharklord wrote:
slider wrote:
A Swift wrote:
Thank you! Where did we get the initial form?


Surprisingly I never got an email. Fortunately someone posted it in this thread a couple of weeks ago.


Neither did I, actually.


Psh, shut up guyz. We have all been getting bombarded with (informative) e-mails from financial aid about the (smooth) loan process.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
Psh, shut up guyz. We have all been getting bombarded with (informative) e-mails from financial aid about the (smooth) loan process.


Haha! Good point!

User avatar
thepunisher24
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:34 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby thepunisher24 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:35 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

I need two televisions to watch England at the same time. But at this point, I've already got a laundry list of complaints directed at FIFA. :evil:


Work computer is turned on, while at home :-D .


Had to laugh at this, I took the same approach. Work computer turned on =/= working. I just had to remember to move my mouse around every hour so I didn't go inactive :lol:

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm

thepunisher24 wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

I need two televisions to watch England at the same time. But at this point, I've already got a laundry list of complaints directed at FIFA. :evil:


Work computer is turned on, while at home :-D .


Had to laugh at this, I took the same approach. Work computer turned on =/= working. I just had to remember to move my mouse around every hour so I didn't go inactive :lol:


luckily i have been getting away with not signing into my work IM. I get into the office at 1:30 pacific time. They all know what's up.

User avatar
thepunisher24
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:34 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby thepunisher24 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:02 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
thepunisher24 wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

I need two televisions to watch England at the same time. But at this point, I've already got a laundry list of complaints directed at FIFA. :evil:


Work computer is turned on, while at home :-D .


Had to laugh at this, I took the same approach. Work computer turned on =/= working. I just had to remember to move my mouse around every hour so I didn't go inactive :lol:


luckily i have been getting away with not signing into my work IM. I get into the office at 1:30 pacific time. They all know what's up.


Work IM sucks, I hate the feeling of being tracked. I finally put my notice in this past week, so my co-workers are learning what's up :P

User avatar
CFC11
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby CFC11 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 am

FYI: My Grad Plus loan entrance counseling finally says complete now. :)

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby oneforship » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 am

CFC11 wrote:FYI: My Grad Plus loan entrance counseling finally says complete now. :)


Same here.

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:53 am

oneforship wrote:
CFC11 wrote:FYI: My Grad Plus loan entrance counseling finally says complete now. :)


Same here.


+1.

It's weird... at this point, the only thing I have to do is just pack up and move. Scary?

User avatar
CFC11
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby CFC11 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am

Not scary! Super exciting! I can't wait to get up there and settle in. July 19th needs to get here already.

User avatar
ogman05
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby ogman05 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm packing up my current apartment this Saturday into a uhaul. Driving all my stuff down next Saturday on the 3rd and will be there for a week before I come home to say good byes to fam and friends. If anyone happens to be down and needs some help with something let me know. A six-pack is sufficient payment or something along those lines. I'll be moving down permanently between the 5th and 9th of August. Wahoo!!

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby TheSharklord » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:32 pm

CFC11 wrote:Not scary! Super exciting! I can't wait to get up there and settle in. July 19th needs to get here already.


My lease isn't green lighted till the 3rd of August =/

Why do I get the feeling that everything about LS is waiting? Waiting to take the LSAT...waiting for the scores...waiting for the status checkers...waiting for decisions...waiting for scholarships/financial aid...waiting for the fall... *drums fingers*

I may be forced to skip town and live in someone's attic in C'ville for a few weeks.

User avatar
CFC11
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby CFC11 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 pm

TheSharklord wrote:
CFC11 wrote:Not scary! Super exciting! I can't wait to get up there and settle in. July 19th needs to get here already.


My lease isn't green lighted till the 3rd of August =/

Why do I get the feeling that everything about LS is waiting? Waiting to take the LSAT...waiting for the scores...waiting for the status checkers...waiting for decisions...waiting for scholarships/financial aid...waiting for the fall... *drums fingers*

I may be forced to skip town and live in someone's attic in C'ville for a few weeks.


I'd offer my basement but I don't know how the S.O. would feel about a dude crashing there. :?

Anyone going to be there around mid-July?? I don't know a soul in C-ville and definitely don't want to drink alone.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby gladiator » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Greetings, kiddos.

Details of your 1L classes:
8:30-9:50 block- Criminal Law (Professors: Harmon, Bonnie, Coughlin*, Jeffries*, Brown, Bowers)
10:00-11:20 block- Civil Procedure (Professors: Nelson*, Mitchell*, Heytens, Walker, Collins*, Sinclair, Garrett, Rutherglen)
2:10-3:30 block- Contracts (Professors: Choi, Dooley, Mahoney*, Cohen, Johnston, Kordana*, Verkerke, Geis*)
3:40-5:00 block- Torts (Professors: White, Abraham, Armacost, O'Connell, Hylton, Kendrick)

The ones with *s are the ones I would particularly aspire to get. Most of the details are posted on SIS if you do a class search for LAW and Fall 2010.

User avatar
alirod12
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby alirod12 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Anyone want to help me move furniture into my place when I get up there around August 1st? I will definitely compensate with beer and cash money.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 pm

gladiator wrote:Greetings, kiddos.

Details of your 1L classes:
8:30-9:50 block- Criminal Law (Professors: Harmon, Bonnie, Coughlin*, Jeffries*, Brown, Bowers)
10:00-11:20 block- Civil Procedure (Professors: Nelson*, Mitchell*, Heytens, Walker, Collins*, Sinclair, Garrett, Rutherglen)
2:10-3:30 block- Contracts (Professors: Choi, Dooley, Mahoney*, Cohen, Johnston, Kordana*, Verkerke, Geis*)
3:40-5:00 block- Torts (Professors: White, Abraham, Armacost, O'Connell, Hylton, Kendrick)

The ones with *s are the ones I would particularly aspire to get. Most of the details are posted on SIS if you do a class search for LAW and Fall 2010.


Thanks! (But) do we have any say whatsoever in who we get?

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:57 pm

alirod12 wrote:Anyone want to help me move furniture into my place when I get up there around August 1st? I will definitely compensate with beer and cash money.

I can give you a hand. I'll have been in town for about a week at that point. I'm not on Arlington, but not far from school either.

Edited for irrelevancy.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby gladiator » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:00 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
gladiator wrote:Greetings, kiddos.

Details of your 1L classes:
8:30-9:50 block- Criminal Law (Professors: Harmon, Bonnie, Coughlin*, Jeffries*, Brown, Bowers)
10:00-11:20 block- Civil Procedure (Professors: Nelson*, Mitchell*, Heytens, Walker, Collins*, Sinclair, Garrett, Rutherglen)
2:10-3:30 block- Contracts (Professors: Choi, Dooley, Mahoney*, Cohen, Johnston, Kordana*, Verkerke, Geis*)
3:40-5:00 block- Torts (Professors: White, Abraham, Armacost, O'Connell, Hylton, Kendrick)

The ones with *s are the ones I would particularly aspire to get. Most of the details are posted on SIS if you do a class search for LAW and Fall 2010.


Thanks! (But) do we have any say whatsoever in who we get?


Nope, but you can insert it into your evening prayers.

User avatar
billyez
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby billyez » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 pm

I've been real spoiled by the ability to choose the times of my classes in college. *grumbles about having class before 10:00 for the first time since high school*

Thanks for posting those times though, dude.
Last edited by billyez on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CFC11
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby CFC11 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:20 pm

alirod12 wrote:Anyone want to help me move furniture into my place when I get up there around August 1st? I will definitely compensate with beer and cash money.


I can help too, but I don't know how much help I'll be considering I weigh about 100lbs.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest