UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
monkey on your back
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby monkey on your back » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Philo38 wrote:So there is a local homebrew shop? This is something I was worried about. Or do I have to convert to online ordering?

There wasn't one when I was last there (kind of a big omission, I know) but there are a enough brewers in the community that there should be. One nice thing about Cville is that, with so many orchards and farms nearby, it’s really easy to get your hands on fresh, non-malt fermentables (honey, berries, cider), if you're feeling adventurous.

ze2151
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby ze2151 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Accepted!

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby 02082010 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:33 am

I'm sure you guys have found these already but in case you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWA47jgailE&feature=channel

There is a whole series on everything UVA Law related. Pretty cool. If I don't get into Chicago ED then I'll be at the March ASW.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby avacado111 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:18 pm

So I got accepted to UVA, and I was thinking about attending.

Question: what is the cheapest place to get a single bedroom apt? I don't mind walking/comuting to the law school. ALso, is it better to get an apartment now or last min (to save money?) Thanks!

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 pm

..

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby avacado111 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
avacado111 wrote:So I got accepted to UVA, and I was thinking about attending.

Question: what is the cheapest place to get a single bedroom apt? I don't mind taking the bus to the law school every. Is it better to get an apartment now or last min (to save money?) Thanks!

Last minute (as in, days before law school starts) is usually when you can get the best deals. The farther you live away from the law school/the Corner/downtown, the cheaper the apartments will be generally.


is it pretty easy to find plenty apartments days before school starts?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:27 pm

..

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby CE2JD » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 am

ze2151 wrote:Accepted!


Congrats!

ze2151
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby ze2151 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Thanks! A question to current UVa law students... about when did you hear from UVa regarding scholarship/aid? I'd like to know for sure where I'm going and have the relocating process handled long before summer.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

ze2151 wrote:Thanks! A question to current UVa law students... about when did you hear from UVa regarding scholarship/aid? I'd like to know for sure where I'm going and have the relocating process handled long before summer.


I actually went and asked for an update in person during ASD and was told there that I was getting a (small) scholarship and to expect something in the mail about it shortly. So, around ASD is when I'd expect to hear back on it.

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby elliefont » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:54 pm

monkey on your back wrote:
Philo38 wrote:So there is a local homebrew shop? This is something I was worried about. Or do I have to convert to online ordering?

There wasn't one when I was last there (kind of a big omission, I know) but there are a enough brewers in the community that there should be. One nice thing about Cville is that, with so many orchards and farms nearby, it’s really easy to get your hands on fresh, non-malt fermentables (honey, berries, cider), if you're feeling adventurous.


dudes: http://cvillebrewing.com/blog/?tag=homebrew-shops

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am

elliefont wrote:
monkey on your back wrote:
Philo38 wrote:So there is a local homebrew shop? This is something I was worried about. Or do I have to convert to online ordering?

There wasn't one when I was last there (kind of a big omission, I know) but there are a enough brewers in the community that there should be. One nice thing about Cville is that, with so many orchards and farms nearby, it’s really easy to get your hands on fresh, non-malt fermentables (honey, berries, cider), if you're feeling adventurous.


dudes: http://cvillebrewing.com/blog/?tag=homebrew-shops


Nice! Very good to know.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Cavalier » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:36 am

ze2151 wrote:Thanks! A question to current UVa law students... about when did you hear from UVa regarding scholarship/aid? I'd like to know for sure where I'm going and have the relocating process handled long before summer.

Last year people heard near the end of March.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby kurama20 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 am

Hey how tough is it to live in the Range? It seems like an awesome place to live and the ideal place for someone with my tastes/preferences.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 am

kurama20 wrote:Hey how tough is it to live in the Range? It seems like an awesome place to live and the ideal place for someone with my tastes/preferences.


What is "the Range"? I've been here for a few months and I've never heard of it.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby kurama20 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 am

vanwinkle wrote:
kurama20 wrote:Hey how tough is it to live in the Range? It seems like an awesome place to live and the ideal place for someone with my tastes/preferences.


What is "the Range"? I've been here for a few months and I've never heard of it.


http://www.student.virginia.edu/range/apply.shtml
http://www.virginia.edu/housing/compare.php?type=grad

It seems like an awesome place to live and fits what I'm looking for perfectly. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned as you have to apply and I haven't heard a lot of people on here mention it.......

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Doritos » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 am

I just got accepted ED so I'll be in Charlottesville come fall 2010! I know nothing. When is ASD? Also, yay or nay on showing my full sleeve of tattoos on the first day of class?

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:11 am

kurama20 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
kurama20 wrote:Hey how tough is it to live in the Range? It seems like an awesome place to live and the ideal place for someone with my tastes/preferences.


What is "the Range"? I've been here for a few months and I've never heard of it.


http://www.student.virginia.edu/range/apply.shtml
http://www.virginia.edu/housing/compare.php?type=grad

It seems like an awesome place to live and fits what I'm looking for perfectly. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned as you have to apply and I haven't heard a lot of people on here mention it.......


Holy shit. I'm applying for that for next year.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby kurama20 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 am

vanwinkle wrote:
kurama20 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
kurama20 wrote:Hey how tough is it to live in the Range? It seems like an awesome place to live and the ideal place for someone with my tastes/preferences.


What is "the Range"? I've been here for a few months and I've never heard of it.


http://www.student.virginia.edu/range/apply.shtml
http://www.virginia.edu/housing/compare.php?type=grad

It seems like an awesome place to live and fits what I'm looking for perfectly. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned as you have to apply and I haven't heard a lot of people on here mention it.......


Holy shit. I'm applying for that for next year.


DAMNIT I SCREWED MYSELF! :lol:

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:13 am

Doritos wrote:I just got accepted ED so I'll be in Charlottesville come fall 2010! I know nothing. When is ASD? Also, yay or nay on showing my full sleeve of tattoos on the first day of class?


Last year they had two ASDs which gave potential students a lot of flexibility. Both were in March, I think. There were travel stipends available which were based on how far away you were (you got more if you were travelling farther). There should be an E-mail sent to you in January with those kind of details, if they're following the pattern they used last year.

I don't know who your tattoos will impress, but then, I haven't seen them yet.

jnorsky
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jnorsky » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 am

Doritos wrote:I just got accepted ED so I'll be in Charlottesville come fall 2010! I know nothing. When is ASD? Also, yay or nay on showing my full sleeve of tattoos on the first day of class?



Ill go nay, not because it isnt badass, but because its more badass not to flaunt and let others talk about them when they have the amazing opportunity to see haha. Also, congratulations, feels awesome doesnt it.

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Doritos » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Thanks guys. I'm not trying to impress or be badass just unsure how a sleeve of tats will be received in a law school environment. We shall find out though because i'm going to UVA!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:22 am

kurama20 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
Holy shit. I'm applying for that for next year.


DAMNIT I SCREWED MYSELF! :lol:

Those apartments are very small.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:22 am

Doritos wrote:I just got accepted ED so I'll be in Charlottesville come fall 2010! I know nothing. When is ASD? Also, yay or nay on showing my full sleeve of tattoos on the first day of class?

You're not the only one but you're like one of 3.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby kurama20 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 am

Kohinoor wrote:
kurama20 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
Holy shit. I'm applying for that for next year.


DAMNIT I SCREWED MYSELF! :lol:

Those apartments are very small.


Cool, it will keep me from getting "distracted" by the opposite sex....




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest