UVA Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Vanessa583

New

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Post by Vanessa583 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Vanessa583 wrote:An update my previous post (see below)...
I found an excellent and very pretty two bedroom & two full bath condo at fifth street flats (right next to Main Street Market and Orzo and Sustain and many other little wonders and within walking distance from downtown) and have signed a lease. I'm still looking for a roommate and may end up buying this condo next year, but have agreed to rent for this year, since I need somewhere to live and don't have the time to negotiate the purchase. Move-in would be August 1 and rent would be $700 a month, not including utilities. If you're interested, send me a message.
One more addendum: The owner has agreed that only my dog and cat will be allowed, unfortunately, so no more pets.

Here's my original post:

So, I'm just jumping on the apartment search bandwagon and am obviously rather late to the game, but am considering purchasing a two bedroom condo (I'm looking at multiple options, but all within a few minutes drive from the law school and very close to downtown) or else renting a two-bedroom condo close to downtown.
I'm interested in finding a roommate for either option and will have a better idea of what the options are come this weekend, when I'll be in Charlottesville, but send me a message if you're searching for a roommate or somewhere to live and are interested. I don't have an accurate price range yet, but rent would probably be in the $600-800 range.

I'm 27, a former journalist (I have an MFA in Creative Writing and worked for The Atlantic and now the Red Cross) and am quite painterly and artsy and such. I'm very laid-back, a sometimes smoker (though never indoors), and have a dog (medium-sized lab mix) and a cat. Both are well-behaved. I'd welcome another pet into the household depending on temperment and size. I am very neat and clean and would expect any roommate to be the same, at least in common areas. I do like to go out dancing and I am a wine lover, but with that said, I am also very studious and would want to live with someone who would respect my need for quiet. I don't care if you're a guy or a girl, but would prefer to live with someone who has been out of school for a few years. Also, only nice people need apply. I have no tolerance for douchebagery.
Wouldn't douchebags not care about your intolerance of douchebags?
I suppose that's a good point.

Vanessa583

New

Post by Vanessa583 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Bbop wrote:
D Brooks wrote:Has anyone's GradPlus entrance interview notification turned to "complete?"
Mine hasn't, the student loans site says its complete but the UVA site says I still need to complete counseling.
I called the financial aid office about this and they said they're on top of it and will get it fixed, but as long as we've all completed the one entrance counseling (it's the same for all three) and signed the master promissory notes, we're good to go.

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:53 pm

another question, which I'm sure has been answered before: Do we just mail the office of admissions our undergrad transcript from the school where we obtained our BA/BS?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 pm

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:01 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:another question, which I'm sure has been answered before: Do we just mail the office of admissions our undergrad transcript from the school where we obtained our BA/BS?
Yes (the law school's office of admissions).
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... w#p1528150

-- answered it. Argh, You were 30 seconds ahead. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Does anyone know if UVA needs a Dean's Certification too, in addition to the transcript?

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm

oneforship wrote:Does anyone know if UVA needs a Dean's Certification too, in addition to the transcript?
No. I think Penn is the only MVP that requires a Deans Cert upon matriculation.

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Have to tell my boss next week that I'm leaving at the end of July :?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:22 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
oneforship wrote:Does anyone know if UVA needs a Dean's Certification too, in addition to the transcript?
No (unless you've gotten into trouble maybe).
I've never been caught, if that's what you're asking. :lol: :lol:

thanks dbrooks and YCR

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

oneforship wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:

thanks dbrooks and YCR
I think you may also have to send one if you've been naughty. :P

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 pm

haha, no, in all seriousness, I've got no trouble on my record. I didn't have to send in a dean's cert with my app or anything.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:44 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:

thanks dbrooks and YCR
I think you may also have to send one if you've been naughty. :P
Not even then

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A Swift

Bronze

Post by A Swift » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 am

I know I received the health services requirement, but I can't remember from where. Did we get it in an e-mail or at the open house?

Also, do we get a formal invitation to the Orientation or do we just show up?

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:57 am

A Swift wrote:I know I received the health services requirement, but I can't remember from where. Did we get it in an e-mail or at the open house?
--LinkRemoved--
A Swift wrote:Also, do we get a formal invitation to the Orientation or do we just show up?
My guess is that they will likely update this page with the new schedule, and send us an email when they do: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/studen ... tation.htm

A Swift

Bronze

Post by A Swift » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:59 am

slider wrote:
A Swift wrote:I know I received the health services requirement, but I can't remember from where. Did we get it in an e-mail or at the open house?
--LinkRemoved--
A Swift wrote:Also, do we get a formal invitation to the Orientation or do we just show up?
My guess is that they will likely update this page with the new schedule, and send us an email when they do: http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/studen ... tation.htm
Thank you! Where did we get the initial form?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 am

slider wrote:
--LinkRemoved--
I know the form says Aug. 31, but didn't someone say the real deadline is the one before Spring semester?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:42 am

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:59 am

Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

I need two televisions to watch England at the same time. But at this point, I've already got a laundry list of complaints directed at FIFA. :evil:

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:04 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

I need two televisions to watch England at the same time. But at this point, I've already got a laundry list of complaints directed at FIFA. :evil:
I had planned on heading down to the gym in my office to workout while I watched, but now I'm stuck waiting for a call that was supposed to come 20 minutes ago... :evil:

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Anyone else (skipping work and) watching the US World Cup match today? :D

Work computer is turned on, while at home :-D .

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:32 am

FIFA needs to get some fucking replay or GTFO. That's number two. This is getting absurd. We should have Group C locked up. :evil: :evil:

EDIT: We also need to get out of our own way. This game should be 3-0 by now.

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:FIFA needs to get some fucking replay or GTFO. That's number two. This is getting absurd. We should have Group C locked up. :evil: :evil:

EDIT: We also need to get out of our own way. This game should be 3-0 by now.
...yeah. One of my co-workers was mentioning how they could have reviews and each team gets like only gets two max, thereby not slowing down the game too much, and ensuring that the team makes good use of them...

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 am

whattodo2008 wrote:...yeah. One of my co-workers was mentioning how they could have reviews and each team gets like only gets two max, thereby not slowing down the game too much, and ensuring that the team makes good use of them...
You have coworkers at home with you??? :lol:

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:...yeah. One of my co-workers was mentioning how they could have reviews and each team gets like only gets two max, thereby not slowing down the game too much, and ensuring that the team makes good use of them...
You have coworkers at home with you??? :lol:
hah, got me!

Nah, we talked about it yesterday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”