UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 pm

..

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby oneforship » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:22 pm

I love my Lenovo. :mrgreen:

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

oneforship wrote:I love my Lenovo. :mrgreen:


Got my T410, 2 days ago. I love the fp reader really, so convenient. Still getting used to Windows 7. I've been using my Macbook at home, and XP in the office, but so far the Lenovo is a great machine (I don't like the speakers so much though). I just don't think I know all the good stuff behind it. Either way, I feel set with a Lenovo for school and a Macbook for all my music :-) !

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks for the Squartrade link, that does surprise me. I knew Asus was good but I was unaware of Toshiba being solid. I do have some support for my avoidance of HP/Compaq though.

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 pm

Btw: To other Lenovo users, what is meant by a "business computer"? I always hear that Lenovos are great business computers but cannot find any specific information about what this means.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8441
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:27 pm

edit n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:11 pm

thesealocust wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:Btw: To other Lenovo users, what is meant by a "business computer"? I always hear that Lenovos are great business computers but cannot find any specific information about what this means.


No frills - reliable - not designed to look flashy, to do multimedia, and some features useful for business (projector interface, fingerprint scanner, docking capability, etc.). Mostly it's just solid and non-flashy build quality. Lots of manufacturers do that with their 'business line' computers.


Makes sense. Thanks!

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:12 pm

..

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8441
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm

edit n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:56 pm

..

jbriggs
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby jbriggs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:58 pm

whats up everyone, i am going to be living in Ivy Gardens next year, 25 year old male, moving in August 5th, and there is a room available so if you are interested, send me a message and we can talk.

On an unrelated note, not sure how many World Cup fans there are in this thread but I like Italy for the repeat!

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 am

"You're 23, you should be able to pay your deposit for school. Your sister paid for every aspect of her transition to dental school."

:roll:

My parents are annoying.

/entitled rant

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joemoviebuff » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 am

Hey guys, sorry to plug this again, but it looks like I will be taking the deferral offer from Dugas. In order to sweeten the deal for my Grad Centre apartment, I'm subsidizing 40 bucks/month rent (about 500 dollars a year) for the person who takes it over. The rent will be 469/month instead of 509/month.

If you know anyone who'd be interested, PM please! It'd be nice not to have a 6,000 dollar commitment hanging over my head in my off year...

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:00 am

joemoviebuff wrote:Hey guys, sorry to plug this again, but it looks like I will be taking the deferral offer from Dugas. In order to sweeten the deal for my Grad Centre apartment, I'm subsidizing 40 bucks/month rent (about 500 dollars a year) for the person who takes it over. The rent will be 469/month instead of 509/month.

If you know anyone who'd be interested, PM please! It'd be nice not to have a 6,000 dollar commitment hanging over my head in my off year...

Quick 2Ls! What property and contract issues are implicated here?!

Vanessa583
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Vanessa583 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 pm

So, I'm just jumping on the apartment search bandwagon and am obviously rather late to the game, but am considering purchasing a two bedroom condo (I'm looking at multiple options, but all within a few minutes drive from the law school and very close to downtown) or else renting a two-bedroom condo close to downtown.
I'm interested in finding a roommate for either option and will have a better idea of what the options are come this weekend, when I'll be in Charlottesville, but send me a message if you're searching for a roommate or somewhere to live and are interested. I don't have an accurate price range yet, but rent would probably be in the $600-800 range.

I'm 27, a former journalist (I have an MFA in Creative Writing and worked for The Atlantic and now the Red Cross) and am quite painterly and artsy and such. I'm very laid-back, a sometimes smoker (though never indoors), and have a dog (medium-sized lab mix) and a cat. Both are well-behaved. I'd welcome another pet into the household depending on temperment and size. I am very neat and clean and would expect any roommate to be the same, at least in common areas. I do like to go out dancing and I am a wine lover, but with that said, I am also very studious and would want to live with someone who would respect my need for quiet. I don't care if you're a guy or a girl, but would prefer to live with someone who has been out of school for a few years. Also, only nice people need apply. I have no tolerance for douchebagery.

Let me know if you're interested. And on another note, anyone out there interested in fishing? If you are and will be in town in late/July or early August before the beginning of school, let me know. Or if anyone happens to be in town this weekend and wants to grab a beer...

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Second deposit in. Officially, officially going to UVA.

BTW, I decided against pushing for a deferral scholly. Once November hit, I wouldn't be doing anything terribly interesting with my time.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby michstudent10 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Driving down to C'Ville this weekend with my SO to try & convince him to move down there with me this fall.
Any suggestions of things to do/places to check out while we're there? It's hard to be convincing when I've only been there once myself! :wink:

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Okay, my mom wants to buy my laptop sometime pretty soon. Yay or nay on the UVa MBP bundle?

whattodo2008
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby whattodo2008 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:31 pm

D Brooks wrote:Okay, my mom wants to buy my laptop sometime pretty soon. Yay or nay on the UVa MBP bundle?



Only if you're ueber risk-averse, yay.

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby D Brooks » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
D Brooks wrote:Okay, my mom wants to buy my laptop sometime pretty soon. Yay or nay on the UVa MBP bundle?



Only if you're ueber risk-averse, yay.


Almost sticker at UVA... I'm pretty much Matt Damon in Rounders.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:42 pm

D Brooks wrote:
whattodo2008 wrote:
D Brooks wrote:Okay, my mom wants to buy my laptop sometime pretty soon. Yay or nay on the UVa MBP bundle?



Only if you're ueber risk-averse, yay.


Almost sticker at UVA... I'm pretty much Matt Damon in Rounders.


I think the consensus was nay on the bundle unless it's a Mac.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 pm

..

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

michstudent10 wrote:Driving down to C'Ville this weekend with my SO to try & convince him to move down there with me this fall.
Any suggestions of things to do/places to check out while we're there? It's hard to be convincing when I've only been there once myself! :wink:
To be fair, the most convincing strategies don't require you to actually be here.

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby slider » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Driving down to C'Ville this weekend with my SO to try & convince him to move down there with me this fall.
Any suggestions of things to do/places to check out while we're there? It's hard to be convincing when I've only been there once myself! :wink:
To be fair, the most convincing strategies don't require you to actually be here.


:shock:

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 pm

..




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest