UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby gladiator » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:43 pm

dgouzoul wrote:awesome, thanks.


at the end of the day, can someone report in on the results of the softball tournament? if UVA doesn't win i might have to defer


Softball Championship glory returns to UVA after a 1 year sad hiatus...

UVA Mens Blue won the championship over UVA Mens Orange.

UVA Co-Rec Gold lost in the semifinal 13-12 to annual powerhouse Florida Coastal. Coastal is playing Catholic for the championship.

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:48 pm

I saw one of the Florida Coastal guys and he looked like a minor league ball player. Perhaps they just do law school while they come up through the farm system, this guy was built.

I also met some fellow TLSers on Friday which was very weird. There are people behind these names, crazy.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby democrattotheend » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Anyone have any idea what # the Jeffersonian is up to on the waitlist?

User avatar
joeshmo39
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm

I talked to my informant last night and we were offered a 2 BR, which we passed on, and last time I heard we were 22 I think. Not positive, but I think we were 22.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1913
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 pm

I find the Jeffersonian waitlist to be somewhat interesting. If demand for the units so heavily outweighs the supply, I wonder why they don't raise the rent closer to an equilibrium point.

User avatar
Wi11iam
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Wi11iam » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm

I was #31 on the Jeffersonian waitlist and got a list of 3-4 (one was on hold), single BR apartments. I took one of them, so there are probably 1 or 2 1 BRs floating around if that - and I think the start dates were June 1 or Aug 16 (I luckily got July 1, earlier than I wanted, but it'll give me time to move stuff and find whatever else I need).

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby dgouzoul » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:I find the Jeffersonian waitlist to be somewhat interesting. If demand for the units so heavily outweighs the supply, I wonder why they don't raise the rent closer to an equilibrium point.


shhhhh

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Apple Tree » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 pm

How do they assign the apartments in Jeffersonian? Is it first come first serve? If I put an application in Jan 1st, would I have a good chance of getting one that I want? I'm asking because I decided to defer a year and plan on sending my application in Jan 1st 2011.

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Doritos » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:58 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:I talked to my informant last night and we were offered a 2 BR, which we passed on, and last time I heard we were 22 I think. Not positive, but I think we were 22.


32. There is at least one 2 bedroom floating around. Hope it goes to a worthy TLS member

leavingnc
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby leavingnc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I might have made this up, but does UVA require current seniors to maintain/graduate with a certain GPA to still enroll in the fall? I'm assuming we have to send in a copy of our final transcript.

Is there a section on the website that lists all of that information that I'm missing?

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby dgouzoul » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:01 pm

leavingnc wrote:I might have made this up, but does UVA require current seniors to maintain/graduate with a certain GPA to still enroll in the fall? I'm assuming we have to send in a copy of our final transcript.

Is there a section on the website that lists all of that information that I'm missing?



kind of - if you had a GPA over 3.85 to begin with, they probably told you they want you to keep it over a 3.85 for LSAC median purposes. The good thing is, you don't have to update your LSAC transcript. All that they will have to report is the GPA you had on file when you applied. You are correct, you do have to submit a final transcript to UVA showing you got a diploma, but they don't care about your GPA outside of LSAC

leavingnc
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby leavingnc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm

dgouzoul wrote:
leavingnc wrote:I might have made this up, but does UVA require current seniors to maintain/graduate with a certain GPA to still enroll in the fall? I'm assuming we have to send in a copy of our final transcript.

Is there a section on the website that lists all of that information that I'm missing?



kind of - if you had a GPA over 3.85 to begin with, they probably told you they want you to keep it over a 3.85 for LSAC median purposes. The good thing is, you don't have to update your LSAC transcript. All that they will have to report is the GPA you had on file when you applied. You are correct, you do have to submit a final transcript to UVA showing you got a diploma, but they don't care about your GPA outside of LSAC


thanks for the info! also just realized most of it was on the acceptance letter as well. so it sounds like i don't have to freak out about my life being over if i *gasp* get a b or two and my gpa slips? at this point i'm just ready to graduate.

OrangeNBlue
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Ivy Gardens 1BRs....

Postby OrangeNBlue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Anyone looking at apartments in Ivy? I know of an awesome 1BR that's up for lease in July. I've heard it makes a big difference where on the property your apartment is as far as how long of a walk it is to school, and this one is the closest to the steps to the law school and in the same building as one of the laundry rooms. There's an ad up on Craigslist - just search for Ivy Gardens

SweetnessUVA
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby SweetnessUVA » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm

US News came out today (see other post).
1. Yale - 100
2. Harvard - 97
3. Standford - 93
4. Columbia - 91
5. Chicago - 88
6. NYU - 87
7. UC Berkeley - 85
7. UPenn - 85
9. Michigan - 84
10. Virginia - 83
11. Duke - 82
11. Northwestern - 82
13. Cornell - 78
14. Georgetown - 77
15. UCLA - 76
15. Texas - 76
17. Vanderbilt - 75
18. USC - 71
19. Washington U-STL - 70
20. George Washington - 69


So apparently, we went up a couple points, but stayed at #10 (note that we're alone at #10 though).

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:37 pm

SweetnessUVA wrote:So apparently, we went up a couple points, but stayed at #10 (note that we're alone at #10 though).

Well, we are no longer made to suffer the indignity of sharing rank with Duke. This is progress.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Cavalier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

They may have a better basketball team, but they will never have a better law school!

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby wackjickham » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Just sent in my deposit after deciding 2 weeks ago that I would attend. That felt good.

Also happy with the rankings, I have no idea why but I was a little worried we would slip.

In other news, it just felt so good to say "we".

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm

wackjickham wrote:Just sent in my deposit after deciding 2 weeks ago that I would attend. That felt good.

Also happy with the rankings, I have no idea why but I was a little worried we would slip.

In other news, it just felt so good to say "we".

It's weird that you cared.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby wackjickham » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
wackjickham wrote:Just sent in my deposit after deciding 2 weeks ago that I would attend. That felt good.

Also happy with the rankings, I have no idea why but I was a little worried we would slip.

In other news, it just felt so good to say "we".

It's weird that you cared.


100% because of my feelings toward Duke.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 pm

..

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby gladiator » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:47 pm

To all of your benefit, it seems like the peer advisor selections were good this year, better than last year so from what I've heard so far, you should get some good groups of advisors.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Cavalier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 pm

gladiator wrote:To all of your benefit, it seems like the peer advisor selections were good this year, better than last year so from what I've heard so far, you should get some good groups of advisors.

They better be good, judging from the quality of the people rejected in my section!

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

..

acardsfan1
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby acardsfan1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey there everyone. Another new UVA 0L here! My visit just clinched it for me, and I surprised myself by being so ready to make a decision when I got back.

Moving on to my first concern about the logistics of the making the move from Indy to Charlottesville, I've been lurking in this thread for a bit now, and it seems that housing may be a bit of an issue for those of us coming late to the game. I'll be looking for a roommate (male), preferably in Ivy Gardens or at least somewhere within reasonable walking distance of the law school.

The basics about me as a roommate--one year out of undergrad, clean, study during the week but fun on weekends, sports fan (section softball!), laid back, got a decent amount of stuff to bring to wherever we might move in.

PM me if anyone is interested and we'll see if it might work out.

User avatar
Philo38
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby Philo38 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 am

SweetnessUVA wrote:US News came out today (see other post).
1. Yale - 100
2. Harvard - 97
3. Standford - 93
4. Columbia - 91
5. Chicago - 88
6. NYU - 87
7. UC Berkeley - 85
7. UPenn - 85
9. Michigan - 84
10. Virginia - 83
11. Duke - 82
11. Northwestern - 82
13. Cornell - 78
14. Georgetown - 77
15. UCLA - 76
15. Texas - 76
17. Vanderbilt - 75
18. USC - 71
19. Washington U-STL - 70
20. George Washington - 69


So apparently, we went up a couple points, but stayed at #10 (note that we're alone at #10 though).


:D




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest