UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
OneKnight

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby OneKnight » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 pm

hannah87 wrote:
OneKnight wrote:OMG! Scholarship Letter appeared under my status checker!!!
No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

where??? mine lists all those emails they've sent, and when i read "student scholar" i almost had a heart attack.

It's listed under mailings at the top.

Btw, expert coding ftw :P
Last edited by OneKnight on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thepunisher24

Postby thepunisher24 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Any clue if it will hurt my chances that I only recently submitted my financial aid forms? Still swamped at work...

AEF2813

Postby AEF2813 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 pm

No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

can't you see a scholarship on SIS?? I would check there...

SweetnessUVA

Postby SweetnessUVA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 pm

thepunisher24 wrote:Any clue if it will hurt my chances that I only recently submitted my financial aid forms? Still swamped at work...

...or waiting another about two weeks to submit...?

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 pm

AEF2813 wrote:
No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

can't you see a scholarship on SIS?? I would check there...

I haven't finished my SIS (because I'm applying for a waiver on parental info) so I assume this is merit-based only...whatever the case is, it's not listed on my SIS.

EDIT: AFAIK, everyone else who received scholarships found out via postal mail...
Last edited by OneKnight on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thepunisher24

Postby thepunisher24 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 pm

OneKnight wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

where??? mine lists all those emails they've sent, and when i read "student scholar" i almost had a heart attack.

That's awesome, good luck. Please keep us updated!

TaiRuiJin

Postby TaiRuiJin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:00 am

I don't think the financial aid form submission will affect the scholarships that are being sent out right now. Jason Dugas called to let me know about the offer, and then said that need-based aid would be added in later. I followed up via email to confirm after I received the official letter, and he said late March is when need-based awards will be going out...

bluejayk

Postby bluejayk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 am

man, i thought I had left behind the era of feverishly loading my status checker, now I know they list mailed scholarships on them, guess I better re-bookmark that page.

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am

bluejayk wrote:man, i thought I had left behind the era of feverishly loading my status checker, now I know they list mailed scholarships on them, guess I better re-bookmark that page.

It's cool because I know for sure I'm not getting a scholarship, so I don't need to check.

billyez

Postby billyez » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:36 am

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I was esctatic just getting into UVA and knew darn well that there was no possible way I was getting a scholly - ED or no.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:
bluejayk wrote:man, i thought I had left behind the era of feverishly loading my status checker, now I know they list mailed scholarships on them, guess I better re-bookmark that page.

It's cool because I know for sure I'm not getting a scholarship, so I don't need to check.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, I know I wasn't ED, but my numbers hardly suggest scholarship $. At this point I am flabbergasted so perhaps you will be as well in the near future!
GL to everyone on that front - I will update as soon as I have more info :)

whattodo2008

Postby whattodo2008 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:06 am

OneKnight wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

Are there others that do not have access to this site anymore? I applied in September, so it's been awhile and I think it expired. Also congrats!

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 am

Not to malign our internets... but our internets are full of evil. Don't assume you have no scholarship just because your status checker isn't updated yet.

somethingpretty

Postby somethingpretty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:24 am

From what little I can gather about scholarship patterns right now, they seem to be going to people with solid GPAs. They don't seem to be nearly as influenced by LSAT. Not looking so hot for me, as I'm a liiiiiittle bit of a splitter with a 75th+ LSAT and a less than median GPA.

Help me out, Jason!

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:33 am

somethingpretty wrote:From what little I can gather about scholarship patterns right now, they seem to be going to people with solid GPAs. They don't seem to be nearly as influenced by LSAT. Not looking so hot for me, as I'm a liiiiiittle bit of a splitter with a 75th+ LSAT and a less than median GPA.

Help me out, Jason!

Nope, face it... me, billyez and you are going to be paying for someone's education. Whoever it is better take us out to drinks next year :)

goya

Postby goya » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 am

somethingpretty wrote:From what little I can gather about scholarship patterns right now, they seem to be going to people with solid GPAs. They don't seem to be nearly as influenced by LSAT. Not looking so hot for me, as I'm a liiiiiittle bit of a splitter with a 75th+ LSAT and a less than median GPA.

Help me out, Jason!

I got my scholarship letter over the weekend, and I'm certain my numbers are lower than yours. Gluck! :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:37 am

OneKnight wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
No. Freaking. Way.
*crossing fingers*

wow, that's great! good luck with the amount :D

TheSharklord

Postby TheSharklord » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:41 am

I love how the status checker just basically exploded. The mailings...too much...!! =P

Also, I've been in for a while, but have only thought to get in on the class forum, so 'lo all!

somethingpretty

Postby somethingpretty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm

goya wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

I got my scholarship letter over the weekend, and I'm certain my numbers are lower than yours. Gluck! :)

I totally don't have any scholarship mailings listed on my status checker. Goya, would you kindly pm me your numbers? Also, are you in state or out? I'm out of state. TY!

AEF2813

Postby AEF2813 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:22 pm

somethingpretty wrote:
goya wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

I totally don't have any scholarship mailings listed on my status checker. Goya, would you kindly pm me your numbers? Also, are you in state or out? I'm out of state. TY!

Im in the exact same boat. I am so tempted to email them but I don't see how it could help.

somethingpretty

Postby somethingpretty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:27 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

Nope, face it... me, billyez and you are going to be paying for someone's education. Whoever it is better take us out to drinks next year :)

Double, on the rocks. Are we all splitters, is that the common thread? You are a huge splitter, Panda. I'm not really a splitter, not so much. 3.7+. Drink up :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

somethingpretty wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

Double, on the rocks. Are we all splitters, is that the common thread? You are a huge splitter, Panda. I'm not really a splitter, not so much. 3.7+. Drink up :)

i'm reverse-splitter-ish, for UVA anyway. 168, 3.9. maybe my gpa will win me $75k???? PLEASE???

somethingpretty

Postby somethingpretty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:31 pm

AEF2813 wrote:
somethingpretty wrote:
goya wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

Im in the exact same boat. I am so tempted to email them but I don't see how it could help.

Someone else said all scholarship offers (that is, merit-only scholarships) would be extended by the end of this week. So, if nothing shows up by Friday, I might be a little worried. Good luck!

somethingpretty

Postby somethingpretty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 pm

hannah87 wrote:
somethingpretty wrote:
aznflyingpanda wrote:

Help me out, Jason!

i'm reverse-splitter-ish, for UVA anyway. 168, 3.9. maybe my gpa will win me $75k???? PLEASE???

I think someone else with your exact numbers just received a scholarship, didn't they? Good luck with convincing the hubby, Hannah - I have a serious boyfriend who will be moving with me wherever I ultimately decide to go, and if it's to UVA (which it probably will be), he'll be giving up a great job. Tough situation.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:38 pm

somethingpretty wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm reverse-splitter-ish, for UVA anyway. 168, 3.9. maybe my gpa will win me $75k???? PLEASE???

I think someone else with your exact numbers just received a scholarship, didn't they? Good luck with convincing the hubby, Hannah - I have a serious boyfriend who will be moving with me wherever I ultimately decide to go, and if it's to UVA (which it probably will be), he'll be giving up a great job. Tough situation.

thanks, somethingpretty! i'm pretty sure it was a 3.91, 168 and a 4.0, 168 who have gotten them, so I'm still holding out some hope. $$$ would help to convince hubby, i think. it's such a tough situation...has your BF had any luck looking at possible jobs in C'Ville? it's so limited for finance types :( .

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”