UVA Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
lilspainishflea

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Postby lilspainishflea » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 pm

5ky wrote:Has anybody been able to get their UVA email recently? I know a few people got them earlier in the thread, but I paid my first deposit back on Thursday, and I am still getting error messages when I try to set it up. Do I have to pay both deposits to get it, or perhaps did they change it so I won't get it until April or so?

Mine took me a week or two to get after paying the first deposit. I was trying to sign up for it during Snowpocalypse and their website mentioned that they had limited functionality at the time so that may have added on some days as well.

Be patient - a week or so seems typical. Facebook is always going to be there :D

jnorsky

Postby jnorsky » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
jnorsky wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:I also love late night greasy drunk food. Jnorsky, we should fast then get real drunk and wreck the town. I'll look you up.

haha so down, what ASW you going to?

I'm going April 9th. We'll make a list and check it twice.

Worddd, going April 9th as well, UVA better get ready for that weekend, I hope they can hang.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm

lilspainishflea wrote:
5ky wrote:Has anybody been able to get their UVA email recently? I know a few people got them earlier in the thread, but I paid my first deposit back on Thursday, and I am still getting error messages when I try to set it up. Do I have to pay both deposits to get it, or perhaps did they change it so I won't get it until April or so?

Mine took me a week or two to get after paying the first deposit. I was trying to sign up for it during Snowpocalypse and their website mentioned that they had limited functionality at the time so that may have added on some days as well.

Be patient - a week or so seems typical. Facebook is always going to be there :D

I just got my email address so it is definitely working. Now is there anyway I can change my actual address to something that is not just my initials with 3 random letter after it, or am I stuck with it?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm signed up for the April ASW. The events last until Friday, but are there people planning to stay on Saturday? I was thinking of flying back on Sunday, if there's stuff to do in town or people to hang out with.

billyez

Postby billyez » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:29 am

I've never been so excited to have a working e-mail address in my life. :mrgreen:

One of the first things I immediately afterward is make an alias though. Gosh, I wonder if there are folks that go along with that jumble of letters they give you at the beginning and keep that as their sole e-mail.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:Hey guys, I'm signed up for the April ASW. The events last until Friday, but are there people planning to stay on Saturday? I was thinking of flying back on Sunday, if there's stuff to do in town or people to hang out with.

This is what I am doing, but I'm going in March.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:38 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:Hey guys, I'm signed up for the April ASW. The events last until Friday, but are there people planning to stay on Saturday? I was thinking of flying back on Sunday, if there's stuff to do in town or people to hang out with.

i'll be doing the same in april too

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 am

Sweet, looks like a lot of people do the saturday thing. I'll book a ticket for Sunday then.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:03 am

If I'm free on that Saturday I may join y'all. That is, assuming I'm invited. :mrgreen:

jdavid901

Postby jdavid901 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:24 am

billyez wrote:I've never been so excited to have a working e-mail address in my life. :mrgreen:

One of the first things I immediately afterward is make an alias though. Gosh, I wonder if there are folks that go along with that jumble of letters they give you at the beginning and keep that as their sole e-mail.

jd2ok9 4 life baby!
Last edited by jdavid901 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 am

vanwinkle wrote:If I'm free on that Saturday I may join y'all. That is, assuming I'm invited. :mrgreen:

panda and i are talking about april so this is way advanced....but ya dude lets kick it

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 am

jdavid901 wrote:
billyez wrote:I've never been so excited to have a working e-mail address in my life. :mrgreen:

4 life baby!

The first email I get to my new address is going to be strangely satisfying.
Last edited by jawsthegreat on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 am

jdavid901 wrote:

xxxxx 4 life baby!

I very seriously recommend you edit this out of your own post. It'll make you identifiable in a way you're going to find you don't want later on.

lilspainishflea

Postby lilspainishflea » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 am

Since we're all prestige hounds, I thought I might brighten everyone's morning:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202443758843&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:25 am

lilspainishflea wrote:Since we're all prestige hounds, I thought I might brighten everyone's morning:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202443758843&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

lol

slider

Postby slider » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:46 am

lilspainishflea wrote:Since we're all prestige hounds, I thought I might brighten everyone's morning:

I <3 UVa

lilspainishflea

Postby lilspainishflea » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 am

You're all up way too early. I'm snowed in at work and waiting for my boss to get here. :?

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am

vanwinkle wrote:
jdavid901 wrote:

xxxxx 4 life baby!

I very seriously recommend you edit this out of your own post. It'll make you identifiable in a way you're going to find you don't want later on.

I already signed him up for a plethora of spam.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Doritos wrote:I already signed him up for a plethora of spam.

Maybe he'll end up on the list I got this brilliant piece of marketing from.

Subject: Enormous jang is the fact that all girlfriend love.

Your woman shack up with your mate thats why you are alone.

Because of of his device size. Girlfriends like big male organ.

Relax chap. At present you can change your life to the good. Enlarge your device size and you'll forget about problems.

This is your possibility to change your sexual life.

%XTRAZ_WWW%XTRAZ_DOMAINS

Muckduck

Postby Muckduck » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:

Maybe he'll end up on the list I got this brilliant piece of marketing from.

Subject: Enormous jang is the fact that all girlfriend love.

Your woman shack up with your mate thats why you are alone.

Because of of his device size. Girlfriends like big male organ.

Relax chap. At present you can change your life to the good. Enlarge your device size and you'll forget about problems.

This is your possibility to change your sexual life.

%XTRAZ_WWW%XTRAZ_DOMAINS

As soon as you get signed up for one of those...life changing products...they will sell your info to one another and you can get advertising from all of them! Long story short, save yourself some trouble, you only need to send him 1 or 2 spams.

jdavid901

Postby jdavid901 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
jdavid901 wrote:

xxxxx 4 life baby!

Not too worried about spam but I'll take your advice. :)

Damn it Dorito! Have I ever told you how much more I like Cheetos?

goya

Postby goya » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm

For the April ASD attendees, does anyone have room for one more heading back to DC? I can chip in for gas/tolls/rental/etc. And it's only for one way, charllotesville>DC. Please? :D

on an unrelated note, Flamin' Hot Cheetos are my personal favorite. But doritos aren't bad either..

whattodo2008

Postby whattodo2008 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

jmaan wrote:

Me too. I just felt that I'd be selling myself short if I left on a Saturday.

michstudent10

Postby michstudent10 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
jmaan wrote:

Me too. I just felt that I'd be selling myself short if I left on a Saturday.

So the consensus is to fly in Thursday & leave Sunday? Anyone find any good hotel rates?

Haha from the sound of this thread its gonna be a fun weekend. Do you think that the majority of people who attend ASWs are planning on attending in the fall?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”