UVA Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
flyingpanda

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Post by flyingpanda » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 am

dailygrind wrote:i'm not sure i'm ever going to have to read Pennoyer for civ pro. we more or less started on International Shoe. necessary to be a gunner and read it?
I'm going to go over to your place and slap you.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:15 pm

i just wanted to fit in, man.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:24 pm

dailygrind wrote:i just wanted to fit in, man.
If you're at a law school social function and lead out with Pennoyer, you're doing it wrong.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

:\ No tengo dinero.

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:00 pm

Kohinoor wrote::\ No tengo dinero.
You might want to stop by Jennifer Hulvey's office. I went in yesterday, and it turned out that there has been some sort of computer problem that has been stopping a bunch of the subsidized Stafford loans and PLUS loans from going through. She fixed mine manually and is now working on getting stuff fixed system-wide, but maybe she can do the same on yours. (Of course, I haven't actually received my money yet, but SIS says that I was issued a refund today.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:07 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
Kohinoor wrote::\ No tengo dinero.
You might want to stop by Jennifer Hulvey's office. I went in yesterday, and it turned out that there has been some sort of computer problem that has been stopping a bunch of the subsidized Stafford loans and PLUS loans from going through. She fixed mine manually and is now working on getting stuff fixed system-wide, but maybe she can do the same on yours. (Of course, I haven't actually received my money yet, but SIS says that I was issued a refund today.)
I stopped by yesterday too. Same issue. Nice to know that they caught it, but still frustrating to know that my loans are just now starting to be processed.

HJO

Bronze

Post by HJO » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:41 pm

pretty good so far

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:22 pm

VLW - or more accurately, those mentioned in the "Around North Grounds" section of today's VLW - made our class look like real douchebags.

Of course, if everyone would quit acting like it was anything worth making anything over, it would be much less of an issue.

Both sides need to cease and desist.

All the silliness aside, I fucking love it here. :D Just wanted to try and resuscitate this thread.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:26 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:VLW - or more accurately, those mentioned in the "Around North Grounds" section of today's VLW - made our class look like real douchebags.

Of course, if everyone would quit acting like it was anything worth making anything over, it would be much less of an issue.

Both sides need to cease and desist.

All the silliness aside, I fucking love it here. :D Just wanted to try and resuscitate this thread.
I didn't get a chance to check out VLW, except someone mentioned in our class that ANG brought up section cliqueness and the dude who wouldn't play the island game. Maybe we are douchebags, it's not like we have anything to compare to.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bgdddymtty

Silver

Post by bgdddymtty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Anyone else finding that their introductory LRW assignment sucks royally?

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Thankfully LRW is pass/fail.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:51 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:Anyone else finding that their introductory Every LRW assignment sucks royally?

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:24 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:Anyone else finding that their introductory LRW assignment sucks royally?
Nah, pretty easy actually. What did yours entail? Just finding a few citations?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:32 am

bgdddymtty wrote:Anyone else finding that their introductory LRW assignment sucks royally?
i have no idea - i can't get to the books to motherfucking do it.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 am

flyingpanda wrote:I didn't get a chance to check out VLW, except someone mentioned in our class that ANG brought up section cliqueness and the dude who wouldn't play the island game. Maybe we are douchebags, it's not like we have anything to compare to.
Having looked at ANG now... did either of those things actually happen? Because if so, goddamn, the C/O 2013 is off to an ominous start.

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:56 am

Whoa whoa whoa! The C/O of 2013 is awesome, I can vouch for that. The thing is, a bunch of D-bags tried to wall themselves off and we stopped them! I feel we should have let them segregate themselves but c'est la vie. The rest of us rock.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:42 pm

In sum, thumbs down to the 1L class. In addition to the middle-school mindset and Jersey Shore-esque antics of the above debacle (which ANG now refers to as the “S&M Affair”), another 1L refused to take part in the Island Game during Orientation, saying that he “wasn’t here to learn names” before going back to his casebook. U.Va. Law is a wonderful place of beer, softball, and camaraderie. Stop defecating on our traditions.
Did this actually happen?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Cavalier wrote:
In sum, thumbs down to the 1L class. In addition to the middle-school mindset and Jersey Shore-esque antics of the above debacle (which ANG now refers to as the “S&M Affair”), another 1L refused to take part in the Island Game during Orientation, saying that he “wasn’t here to learn names” before going back to his casebook. U.Va. Law is a wonderful place of beer, softball, and camaraderie. Stop defecating on our traditions.
Sigh... yes it Did. Not a person in my section, but I talked to someone in that section who confirmed it. Section E maybe? I can't quite recall the section but the event is confirmed.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:11 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
Sigh... yes it Did. Not a person in my section, but I talked to someone in that section who confirmed it. Section E maybe? I can't quite recall the section but the event is confirmed.
Yikes! If anyone has more details, please tell.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Cavalier wrote:
joeshmo39 wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
Yikes! If anyone has more details, please tell.
the casebook bit is, hopefully obviously, an exaggeration. the "wasn't here to learn names" bit was fiction as well. the guy comes to a fair number of our section events, this was not the birth of the ultramega gunner.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:27 pm

So is the TLS fantasy football league not happening? I wasn't reading the messages, but that doesn't mean I didn't intend to participate. ...Bummer.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BruceWayne

Gold

Post by BruceWayne » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

We were supposed to get our entire excess refund this term correct? They're not supposed to split it up like they do the tuition and fee charges correct (half fall semester, half spring semester)?

joeshmo39

Silver

Post by joeshmo39 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:23 pm

It's split by term. You should get half your refund then half next semester. This semester's will be bigger though because of the deposit.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*

*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)

dgouzoul

Bronze

Post by dgouzoul » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 pm

billyez wrote:Pretty certain now that I'm in the best section ever with the best group of folks I could've hoped for.*

*Not in Section M (nor S, for that matter)
you lie

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”