UVA Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Kohinoor

Gold

Re: UVA Class of 2013

Post by Kohinoor » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:45 pm

slider wrote:I just got an email (in my UVa email account) with login credentials for LawWeb! :mrgreen:
I think we can access some of those career services things now.
Be sure to take note of the career services Vault access which allows you to download all of the Vault guides and gain full access to firm profiles.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Career Services must be trolling this thread. :lol:

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
slider wrote:I just got an email (in my UVa email account) with login credentials for LawWeb! :mrgreen:
Be sure to take note of the career services Vault access which allows you to download all of the Vault guides and gain full access to firm profiles.
Wait, seriously?

This is what I get for only paying attention to PI until now.

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:51 pm

:? Any other 0Ls look at the old exams they have posted?

Kurama1

New

Post by Kurama1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 pm

Funny story, when I went to ASW and took the tour of the Rotunda, my mom and I were the only Black people on the tour. When the guide finished in the rotunda and we got out to the Lawn she pointed at the laundry area and started stuttering while looking at us and said that "unfortunately slaves resided there and did the laundry for students and faculty". She got choked up and couldn't remember what she was saying for a minute. We thought it was pretty funny--it was like she thought this was the first time we had heard about this whole slavery thing. I felt sorry for her because you could really tell she was uncomfortable. To be fair though it did seem like a lot of students were uncomfortable around Blacks--you could tell that a lot of students at UVA don't interact with Black people often. This struck me as a bit odd because I went to an UG In the deep south and most people there don't even act that way.
I'm not sure which of the mods (although I have a pretty good guess) keeps banning my account after my ban was a SELF BAN and I have told them that I wanted it lifted. If they continue to do so I will just have to set up new accounts at new IP addresses until they lift the self ban on my Kurama account and the most recently banned IP addresses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Kurama1 wrote:
Funny story, when I went to ASW and took the tour of the Rotunda, my mom and I were the only Black people on the tour. When the guide finished in the rotunda and we got out to the Lawn she pointed at the laundry area and started stuttering while looking at us and said that "unfortunately slaves resided there and did the laundry for students and faculty". She got choked up and couldn't remember what she was saying for a minute. We thought it was pretty funny--it was like she thought this was the first time we had heard about this whole slavery thing. I felt sorry for her because you could really tell she was uncomfortable. To be fair though it did seem like a lot of students were uncomfortable around Blacks--you could tell that a lot of students at UVA don't interact with Black people often. This struck me as a bit odd because I went to an UG In the deep south and most people there don't even act that way.
I'm not sure which of the mods (although I have a pretty good guess) keeps banning my account after my ban was a SELF BAN and I have told them that I wanted it lifted. If they continue to do so I will just have to set up new accounts at new IP addresses until they lift the self ban on my Kurama account and the most recently banned IP addresses.
--ImageRemoved--

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:16 pm

D Brooks wrote::? Any other 0Ls look at the old exams they have posted?
I've been looking at some syllabi, like comparing 2 of the civ pros from different profs. You can get an impression how ppl will teach. For ex., one allows no laptops, mentions only one supplement, another does Powerpoint presentations, has a quick paragraph about hornbooks and outside material.

Kurama02

New

Post by Kurama02 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 pm

D Brooks wrote:
Kurama1 wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

Get your popcorn ready because until whoever this is gets the message we can just keep the show going. 8)

Either the mods lift the self ban or we can just tango.

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Kurama02 wrote:
D Brooks wrote:
Kurama1 wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

Get your popcorn ready because until whoever this is gets the message we can just keep the show going. 8)

Either the mods lift the self ban or we can just tango.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Very nice. I just set up my account for that!

Here's the link for others: http://careerinsider.vault.com/wps/mypo ... refer=7356

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:34 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Wait, seriously?

This is what I get for only paying attention to PI until now.
--ImageRemoved--

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:37 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
Very nice. I just set up my account for that!

Here's the link for others: http://careerinsider.vault.com/wps/mypo ... refer=7356
What email and password?

UVa email and the new password we just set up?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:39 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:42 pm

YCrevolution wrote: Create an account on the Career Insider/Vault page.
A-thank you.

Are you going to be around early August? Did I tell you the Canadian decided on UVa as well?

Edit: Of course you'll be around in August. OGI and such.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:43 pm

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:49 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
D Brooks wrote:
YCrevolution wrote: Create an account on the Career Insider/Vault page.
A-thank you.

Are you going to be around early August? Did I tell you the Canadian decided on UVa as well?

Edit: Of course you'll be around in August. OGI and such.
The Canadian told me he chose UVA, bringing me to a perfect 5/5 on the year for everyone I hosted attending.

I should be around in August (OGI stuff, if nothing else).
Haha nice.

whattodo2008

Bronze

Post by whattodo2008 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:20 pm

whattodo2008 wrote:
D Brooks wrote::? Any other 0Ls look at the old exams they have posted?
I've been looking at some syllabi, like comparing 2 of the civ pros from different profs. You can get an impression how ppl will teach. For ex., one allows no laptops, mentions only one supplement, another does Powerpoint presentations, has a quick paragraph about hornbooks and outside material.

Btw, where'd you find practice exams?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 pm

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:23 pm

YCrevolution wrote:The Canadian told me he chose UVA, bringing me to a perfect 5/5 on the year for everyone I hosted attending.

I should be around in August (OGI stuff, if nothing else).
Damn. Admissions should be giving you kickbacks. VW too, imo.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:34 pm

So I just peeped the most recent Con Law exam and I'm just going to /self now and save myself all the money and stress. :(
Last edited by badwithpseudonyms on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Damn. Admissions should be giving you kickbacks. VW too, imo.
:D
badwithpseudonyms wrote:So I just peeped the most recent Con Law exam and I'm just going to /killself now and save myself all the money and stress. :(
Just so you know, Con Law was one of my toughest exams and I did much better in all but one of my other courses than I did in Con Law. Not being able to handle Con Law does not mean you'll do poorly overall.

Also, a lot of that exam will make at least some sense once you've taken the class, I promise!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:So I just peeped the most recent Con Law exam and I'm just going to /killself now and save myself all the money and stress. :(
Don't worry about it. All exams look terrifying before you start studying. I took that exam for practice in April and I thought it was fine.

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

About when do we find out our section?

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm

Doritos wrote:About when do we find out our section?
Last year it was about a week before the beginning of classes. So you've got at least another month to go.

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Doritos wrote:About when do we find out our section?
I think they said they're posting it on SIS the Friday before orientation.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”