University of Washingon Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
HerseyChris

Bronze

Re: University of Washingon Class of 2013

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 am

seattleguy wrote:
jcl2 wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about the choice between curriculum A and Curriculum B? I'm leaning towards A, but haven't fully decided.
I chose B. A rising 3L friend of mine said the instructors for Con-torts are all really good while A can be hit or miss. Also, he says you have less reading. I'm not lazy but considering the amount of work I'll be doing already, wouldn't mind a somewhat lighter load. My .02.

Hm, I was waffling between the two and leaning towards B, but I think that recommendation makes me want B. I think my roommate is leaning towards A.

barrydukakis

Bronze

Post by barrydukakis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Just an FYI for those needing Microsoft Office... UW will be offering the Professional Plus Suite of 2010 PC and 2008 MAC free for all Seattle campus students once tuition is paid, and it is a copy free of DRM (no idea how... but their FAQ states this specifically: unlimited installations on computers you use).

Because I always used 2003... this upgrade, which you can put on all computers, will be incredible. This is a new for 2010 partnership between UW and Microsoft through our technology fee.

Have to say, I've always paid a technology fee and seen little/no benefit from the cost... stoked UW has done something with it that really benefits students.

You can download it once tuition has been paid.

Microsoft Office 2010 offers powerful new ways to deliver your best work—at the office, at home, or at school.

Suite includes:

•Word
•PowerPoint
•Outlook with Business Contact Manager
•Excel
•OneNote
•Access
•Publisher
•InfoPath
•SharePoint Workspace
•Communicator

barrydukakis

Bronze

Post by barrydukakis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Last edited by barrydukakis on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:55 am

Hi guys. I am a transfer for the class of '12 and just wanted to say hi. UW has been a dream for a long time (lived here my whole life) and I am extremely excited to start classes.

I will be taking Con Law with you guys as well as maybe that comparative international law class that UW requires for 1L's, since I did not take either of those classes during my 1L year.

I am a good to very good softball player and a pretty good basketball player. I would love to join some intramural sports this year.

Can't wait to meet you guys! :)

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:11 pm

A'nold wrote:Hi guys. I am a transfer for the class of '12 and just wanted to say hi. UW has been a dream for a long time (lived here my whole life) and I am extremely excited to start classes.

I will be taking Con Law with you guys as well as maybe that comparative international law class that UW requires for 1L's, since I did not take either of those classes during my 1L year.

I am a good to very good softball player and a pretty good basketball player. I would love to join some intramural sports this year.

Awesome! I often wonder whether transfers get along best with the incoming class, or the their graduating class. It's probably a bit of both. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be more than happy to be on the same basketball team as you. Probably not softball since I can't field worth crap, and I can barely hit the ball out of the infield so you'd probably rather be on a more competitive team (speed doesn't seem to matter much in softball). But yeah, congratulations on transferring to UW. Go Huskies.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:55 pm

HerseyChris wrote:
A'nold wrote:Hi guys. I am a transfer for the class of '12 and just wanted to say hi. UW has been a dream for a long time (lived here my whole life) and I am extremely excited to start classes.

Awesome! I often wonder whether transfers get along best with the incoming class, or the their graduating class. It's probably a bit of both. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be more than happy to be on the same basketball team as you. Probably not softball since I can't field worth crap, and I can barely hit the ball out of the infield so you'd probably rather be on a more competitive team (speed doesn't seem to matter much in softball). But yeah, congratulations on transferring to UW. Go Huskies.
Nice. :) Yeah, I could see how a transfer might get closer to 1L's than his/her fellow 2L's due to the being new thing. I am going to join you guys for some of the orientation events so I'll see you guys then.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:39 pm

barrydukakis wrote:Just an FYI for those needing Microsoft Office... UW will be offering the Professional Plus Suite of 2010 PC and 2008 MAC free for all Seattle campus students once tuition is paid, and it is a copy free of DRM (no idea how... but their FAQ states this specifically: unlimited installations on computers you use).

Because I always used 2003... this upgrade, which you can put on all computers, will be incredible. This is a new for 2010 partnership between UW and Microsoft through our technology fee.

Have to say, I've always paid a technology fee and seen little/no benefit from the cost... stoked UW has done something with it that really benefits students.

Microsoft Office 2010 offers powerful new ways to deliver your best work—at the office, at home, or at school.

Suite includes:

•Word
•PowerPoint
•Excel
•OneNote
•Access
•Publisher
•InfoPath
•SharePoint Workspace
•Communicator
I already downloaded it. I don't think you need to wait until tuition is payed. Pretty awesome.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:50 pm

jcl2 wrote:
barrydukakis wrote:Just an FYI for those needing Microsoft Office... UW will be offering the Professional Plus Suite of 2010 PC and 2008 MAC free for all Seattle campus students once tuition is paid, and it is a copy free of DRM (no idea how... but their FAQ states this specifically: unlimited installations on computers you use).

Suite includes:

•Word
•PowerPoint
•Excel
•OneNote
•Access
•Publisher
•InfoPath
•SharePoint Workspace
•Communicator
I already downloaded it. I don't think you need to wait until tuition is payed. Pretty awesome.
Hmm, I try to download it and it says I'm not eligible. Anyone know why this would be?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:58 pm

legalease9 wrote:
jcl2 wrote:

Suite includes:

•Word
•PowerPoint
•Excel
•OneNote
•Access
•Publisher
•InfoPath
•SharePoint Workspace
•Communicator
Hmm, I try to download it and it says I'm not eligible. Anyone know why this would be?
Where did you try to download it? I'll PM you the link I used to get to it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Any of you interested in getting together maybe next week sometime? I'll be at the general class of 2013 meet up tonight too, but I thought it might be nice to see who the people are that I've been talking to over the last year on here.

Also, if any of you have Dawg Pack season tickets and want to meet up for the Syracuse game on Sept. 11 let me know. I think I'll suggest that on the class of 2013 list serve as well. It would be fun to get a group together for that; I'm sure there must be some other law students who are as in to college football as I am.

edge3900

New

Post by edge3900 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 pm

How do you get on the class of 2013 list serv? I never heard about that. Was there an email from admissions? Feeling out of the loop since I never heard of tonight's event :(

HerseyChris

Bronze

Post by HerseyChris » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 pm

jcl2 wrote:Any of you interested in getting together maybe next week sometime? I'll be at the general class of 2013 meet up tonight too, but I thought it might be nice to see who the people are that I've been talking to over the last year on here.

Also, if any of you have Dawg Pack season tickets and want to meet up for the Syracuse game on Sept. 11 let me know. I think I'll suggest that on the class of 2013 list serve as well. It would be fun to get a group together for that; I'm sure there must be some other law students who are as in to college football as I am.
Unfortunately, I'm out of the country until Sept 12th, so I haven't responded to any of the google group meetups, but my roommate and I are planning on going to to the Nebraska game the following weekend.
Looking forward to meeting you at orientation!

seattleguy

New

Post by seattleguy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:24 pm

jcl2 wrote:Any of you interested in getting together maybe next week sometime? I'll be at the general class of 2013 meet up tonight too, but I thought it might be nice to see who the people are that I've been talking to over the last year on here.

I'm down for a meetup, I didn't join the list so didn't know about the one tonight. I also plan on getting season ticket and would be cool to go with some fellow law school students. Maybe we could even figure out some tailgating or something?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

seattleguy

New

Post by seattleguy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm

edge3900 wrote:How do you get on the class of 2013 list serv? I never heard about that. Was there an email from admissions? Feeling out of the loop since I never heard of tonight's event :(
The email came from admissions but the list is not official, it was started by a student. I didn't join but might if meetups are going on. Email ragelber@gmail.com to join.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 am

Thanks JCL2. I got your PM.

Unfortunately, it still won't work. I've talked with a few people who run the Free Office project, and they said that it won't work until you actually start. I wonder if your deferred status made a difference.

barrydukakis

Bronze

Post by barrydukakis » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:23 pm

I called IT (way back) and was told that we wouldn't be able to download until tuition was paid. Might be different for jcl on account of the deferral.

Everyone register for classes?

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Weird, I wonder why the Office download worked for me? I don't see why having deferred would make a difference, but maybe it did.

If anyone is still interested in getting together sometime before the orientation, how about next Tuesday or Wednesday? I ended up being pretty busy this week and also didn't want to conflict with the other meet-up planned for tonight, in case anyone is going. I'm relatively new to town, so if someone else wants to suggest a place, go for it.

If not, I'll look forward to seeing you all at orientation, or maybe at the football game.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

aimhigh09

Bronze

Post by aimhigh09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:23 pm

jcl2 wrote:Weird, I wonder why the Office download worked for me? I don't see why having deferred would make a difference, but maybe it did.
I don't know, I'm an incoming 1L (non-deferred) and I was able to download/install Office 2010 a couple weeks ago using the UW student deal.

jcl2

Bronze

Post by jcl2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:43 pm

In case anyone is still not on the email list, it sounds like there are a bunch of law students who are getting together for tailgating tomorrow (and for all of the games). It will be in the E4 parking lot by the environmental safety building east of the driving range. 7am to an hour before the game, though it sounds like most people don't show up until around lunch time, and the cost is $5 per person and one non perishable food item for the food bank.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”