Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Fri May 14, 2010 2:20 am

def2104 wrote:I've never been to A2 and won't have a chance until MAP so I really hope I get to participate, and the idea of being a mentor in following years is awesome. I was a mentor for a scholars program at my UG and loved it. I really hope I'm accepted.


Eh. If you don't get into the "official" program, it will not be the end of the world. Most of the fun events are ones that you can definitely crash. Just get in contact with one of us leaders and/or other MAP people.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 am

starstruck393 wrote:It sucks that there's no MAP for summer starters :cry:


There is. It's just like a day long. Summer start is like one big MAP program anyway.

Additionally, MAP is a year-long program. EVERYONE is invited throughout the year.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Fri May 14, 2010 2:23 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Um, yes please. I went to the Hov concert in Detroit a couple of months ago, and it was amazing!

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:16 am

tl wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:It sucks that there's no MAP for summer starters :cry:


There is. It's just like a day long. Summer start is like one big MAP program anyway.

Additionally, MAP is a year-long program. EVERYONE is invited throughout the year.



Can you elaborate?

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Fri May 14, 2010 10:51 am

thalassocrat wrote:
def2104 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:anyone have any idea when we can move into the LC? I'm hoping that i can move in the 27th...ahhh can't wait! :D


Well, the admit site says the lease starts 27 August so we should be able to move in then. I hope.

Rockchalk, did they specifically tell you earlier you'd be in the first round or did you ask when you called? I'm thinking I probably should be, since I sent in my application in early January. I'm glad I went back to look at that email, though. I couldn't remember if there was a deposit for it or not.


THE LASSOCRAT IS THAT A TIGER MAMESHIBA IN YOURE TAR!?!?!? sorry, I just saw it. mame mame, shiba shiba!


Yes, yes it is. :lol:

Also it's thalassocrat, not the lassocrat, but don't worry. Happens all the time.


ごめんね!日本語が分かるん?

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Shlonster » Fri May 14, 2010 3:20 pm

For anyone who is wondering about LC rooms, here is the tiny tidbit I got....

The room is “L” shaped with the larger segment of the “L” measuring 13 x 14’ and the shorter leg of the “L” measuring 3’ x 9’ (this is often where student tuck their desk).

Mine is on the first floor, which is both a good and bad thing.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm

def2104 wrote:ごめんね!日本語が分かるん?


Unfortunately I don't actually know Japanese. I can understand some spoken & recognize a few hiragana, but that's about it. :( Learned about Mameshiba when someone linked the videos on another site a few weeks back.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Fri May 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Shlonster wrote:For anyone who is wondering about LC rooms, here is the tiny tidbit I got....

The room is “L” shaped with the larger segment of the “L” measuring 13 x 14’ and the shorter leg of the “L” measuring 3’ x 9’ (this is often where student tuck their desk).

Mine is on the first floor, which is both a good and bad thing.


im on the 3rd, looking for volunteers to help me carry my laundry down to the laundry room :wink:
actually im glad im not on the first but i wouldve preferred the second, o well

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ohmy212 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
Shlonster wrote:For anyone who is wondering about LC rooms, here is the tiny tidbit I got....

The room is “L” shaped with the larger segment of the “L” measuring 13 x 14’ and the shorter leg of the “L” measuring 3’ x 9’ (this is often where student tuck their desk).

Mine is on the first floor, which is both a good and bad thing.


im on the 3rd, looking for volunteers to help me carry my laundry down to the laundry room :wink:
actually im glad im not on the first but i wouldve preferred the second, o well


How do you find out what floor you are on? My room is J45 - any ideas about where that is?

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Fri May 14, 2010 4:21 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:
Shlonster wrote:For anyone who is wondering about LC rooms, here is the tiny tidbit I got....

The room is “L” shaped with the larger segment of the “L” measuring 13 x 14’ and the shorter leg of the “L” measuring 3’ x 9’ (this is often where student tuck their desk).

Mine is on the first floor, which is both a good and bad thing.


im on the 3rd, looking for volunteers to help me carry my laundry down to the laundry room :wink:
actually im glad im not on the first but i wouldve preferred the second, o well


How do you find out what floor you are on? My room is J45 - any ideas about where that is?


4th floor, the first number is the floor

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ohmy212 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:
Shlonster wrote:For anyone who is wondering about LC rooms, here is the tiny tidbit I got....

The room is “L” shaped with the larger segment of the “L” measuring 13 x 14’ and the shorter leg of the “L” measuring 3’ x 9’ (this is often where student tuck their desk).

Mine is on the first floor, which is both a good and bad thing.


im on the 3rd, looking for volunteers to help me carry my laundry down to the laundry room :wink:
actually im glad im not on the first but i wouldve preferred the second, o well


How do you find out what floor you are on? My room is J45 - any ideas about where that is?


4th floor, the first number is the floor


Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.

User avatar
CaptainSnuggleBunny
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby CaptainSnuggleBunny » Fri May 14, 2010 5:30 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:How do you find out what floor you are on? My room is J45 - any ideas about where that is?


4th floor, the first number is the floor



Hauling my bike(s) up to the 4th floor is going to suck.


*edited to remove misogynistic phrase
Last edited by CaptainSnuggleBunny on Fri May 14, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bfinlayson
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby bfinlayson » Fri May 14, 2010 5:32 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.


haha I'm J41. It may be my only workout program of the year. :shock:

tamago12
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamago12 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm

def2104 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
def2104 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
Well, the admit site says the lease starts 27 August so we should be able to move in then. I hope.

Rockchalk, did they specifically tell you earlier you'd be in the first round or did you ask when you called? I'm thinking I probably should be, since I sent in my application in early January. I'm glad I went back to look at that email, though. I couldn't remember if there was a deposit for it or not.


THE LASSOCRAT IS THAT A TIGER MAMESHIBA IN YOURE TAR!?!?!? sorry, I just saw it. mame mame, shiba shiba!


Yes, yes it is. :lol:

Also it's thalassocrat, not the lassocrat, but don't worry. Happens all the time.


ごめんね!日本語が分かるん?


I've been mostly lurking, but since Japanese was posted...

少しはできる!大学で勉強したけど、このごろあまり話さない。。。

Well, that was probably all kinds of grammatically incorrect. How long have you been living in Nara? I've been there a couple of times, though last time a deer tried to eat part of my sweater :?

Also, my lease says I'm on the 3rd floor of the LC. Are bathrooms on the 2nd floor?

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ohmy212 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 pm

bfinlayson wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.


haha I'm J41. It may be my only workout program of the year. :shock:


Hello new neighbor-ish. I'll be the girl curled up in a ball and wheezing in the corner of the stairwell.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Amelie » Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

bfinlayson wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.


haha I'm J41. It may be my only workout program of the year. :shock:


4th floor here. Move-in day should be interesting...
Last edited by Amelie on Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Fri May 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Amelie wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.


haha I'm J41. It may be my only workout program of the year. :shock:


O41 here. Move-in day should be interesting...


wow lots of 4th floor people, this is my cue to stop bitching about the 3rd floor :lol:

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Fri May 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Anyone else in the E block yet?

Also, got the confirmation for my second deposit today. This little booklet they sent is actually pretty helpful.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Fri May 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
Amelie wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Well that makes sense. Looks like I'll have to quit smoking.


haha I'm J41. It may be my only workout program of the year. :shock:


O41 here. Move-in day should be interesting...


wow lots of 4th floor people, this is my cue to stop bitching about the 3rd floor :lol:



I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:03 pm

doinmybest wrote:

I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!


You just get to listen to the drunk undergrads/law students trying to find a place to take a piss.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Fri May 14, 2010 10:05 pm

blhoward2 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:

I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!


You just get to listen to the drunk undergrads/law students trying to find a place to take a piss.


Damn! That was a short-lived victory...

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Fri May 14, 2010 10:08 pm

doinmybest wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:

I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!


You just get to listen to the drunk undergrads/law students trying to find a place to take a piss.


Damn! That was a short-lived victory...


+1 :( Except I think I'm the first room on the first floor on the east side of the arch, going by what FlightoftheEarls said in the Taking Questions thread.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:11 pm

doinmybest wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:

I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!


You just get to listen to the drunk undergrads/law students trying to find a place to take a piss.


Damn! That was a short-lived victory...


I know from experience. During ASW I thankfully found an unlocked door to the cafeteria building. I had to piss so bad and there is nothing else around.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Fri May 14, 2010 10:19 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:

I'm literally the first room on the first floor. Hahaha WIN!!!


You just get to listen to the drunk undergrads/law students trying to find a place to take a piss.


Damn! That was a short-lived victory...


+1 :( Except I think I'm the first room on the first floor on the east side of the arch, going by what FlightoftheEarls said in the Taking Questions thread.


I'm on the opposite side. I wonder if I have a quad view or street view...

tylt13
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tylt13 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm in O44...yay for the 4th floor :)




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest