Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 am

ankit wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Just submitted my application as well. Sounds like a cool experience, and a great way to meet some people before orientation.


Submitted mine as well. Those questions were a pain though, I thought I was done with Diversity Statements and the like! :D


There's an application for MAP now? Whoa.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Wed May 12, 2010 9:10 am

Reinhardt wrote:I don't know if everyone has seen it, but once you have a uniqname you can make use of some perks through the UM Computer Showcase. If anyone is thinking of getting an iPhone for instance, students are entitled to a 10% discount off their AT&T monthly bill. You can also get a very tiny discount at the Dell store, and a discount at the Apple store (which I think is easy to get regardless).

http://showcase.itcs.umich.edu/


For the AT&T bill, sign up as a faculty/staff member. AT&T can't tell the difference (you're good as long as you have a @umich.edu e-mail address).

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Shlonster » Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

doinmybest wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

It was just a funny image to think of her sitting there, doing the exact same thing to both letters, and plopping them in an envelope.

No idea if they've received my transcript or not yet, but I'm sure they have.

Anyone staying in the LC had their lease emailed to them yet?


I called the LC a few weeks ago to find out when the leases would be sent and they said it should happen mid to late May for people who turned in their intent form early enough. FYI... I sent mine in mid January and they said I would be in the first round of leases being sent. She also said all single suites (not regular singles) would be going to the 2L's and 3L's


Just received my lease!!!!


Just received mine as well, pretty happy about the whole thing :)

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 am

Living at the LC for 1L seems like a lot of fun. Plus, being able to roll out of bed and go to class would be awesome. If only I knew where I was going to be living next year... :(

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 am

tl wrote:
ankit wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Just submitted my application as well. Sounds like a cool experience, and a great way to meet some people before orientation.


Submitted mine as well. Those questions were a pain though, I thought I was done with Diversity Statements and the like! :D


There's an application for MAP now? Whoa.


Yeah, got mine today. I'm going to fill it out this week. I'm hoping since I will be in an apartment and not need a hotel or early move in they can made space for me!

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tl » Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 pm

def2104 wrote:
tl wrote:Yeah, got mine today. I'm going to fill it out this week. I'm hoping since I will be in an apartment and not need a hotel or early move in they can made space for me!


When I applied for MAP a couple of years ago, all you had to do was respond to an e-mail stating interest. I guess this is in response to the fact that MAP always fills up quickly. It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.

Anyway, I'm going to be a leader again this year (along with some other cool folks). So, I highly encourage everyone to sign-up. It's a good time.

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Shlonster » Wed May 12, 2010 5:51 pm

tl wrote:
def2104 wrote:
tl wrote:Yeah, got mine today. I'm going to fill it out this week. I'm hoping since I will be in an apartment and not need a hotel or early move in they can made space for me!


When I applied for MAP a couple of years ago, all you had to do was respond to an e-mail stating interest. I guess this is in response to the fact that MAP always fills up quickly. It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.

Anyway, I'm going to be a leader again this year (along with some other cool folks). So, I highly encourage everyone to sign-up. It's a good time.


Feel free to put in a good word for El Shlonster-o

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu May 13, 2010 7:14 am

tl wrote: It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.


... I hope the MAP doesn't get super-gunnerish. That'd probably suck.

stargazer
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby stargazer » Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 am

doinmybest wrote:
tl wrote: It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.


... I hope the MAP doesn't get super-gunnerish. That'd probably suck.


agreed. i'll be a MAP leader. looking forward to meeting the 1Ls but i really don't want to spend time with gunner 1Ls..no offense.

MAP is going to be so fun. i participated in the program as a 1L. great way to get to know classmates (especially classmates outside of your section) before orientation starts. we got an early start on exploring ann arbor bars and restaurants. also had the opportunity to do practice oral arguments before doing that during second semester LP. between MAP and orientation weeks, i went out 11 out of 12 days...great way to start out the year.

to everyone who's coming to michigan next year, you've made an excellent decision. if you haven't already fallen in love with the school, you will.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby roundabout » Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 am

Shlonster wrote:Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

It was just a funny image to think of her sitting there, doing the exact same thing to both letters, and plopping them in an envelope.

No idea if they've received my transcript or not yet, but I'm sure they have.

Anyone staying in the LC had their lease emailed to them yet?


Mine was underlined and crossed off in the same places. Makes the personal touch slightly less personal, but hey, at least they tried :roll:

jh60405
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby jh60405 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am

I'm pretty sure that some administrative assistant's job was to learn how to forge Dean Z's signature so that she can do all the underlining, note writing, and signing on these kinds of letters.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 pm

jh60405 wrote:I'm pretty sure that some printer's [strike]administrative assistant's[/strike] job was to learn how to [strike]forge[/strike] laserjet Dean Z's signature
Dean Z obviously made the changes herself. To claim otherwise is preposterous.

Don't ruin the facade! I want to feel special. :(

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Thu May 13, 2010 12:30 pm

stargazer wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
tl wrote: It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.


... I hope the MAP doesn't get super-gunnerish. That'd probably suck.


agreed. i'll be a MAP leader. looking forward to meeting the 1Ls but i really don't want to spend time with gunner 1Ls..no offense.

MAP is going to be so fun. i participated in the program as a 1L. great way to get to know classmates (especially classmates outside of your section) before orientation starts. we got an early start on exploring ann arbor bars and restaurants. also had the opportunity to do practice oral arguments before doing that during second semester LP. between MAP and orientation weeks, i went out 11 out of 12 days...great way to start out the year.

to everyone who's coming to michigan next year, you've made an excellent decision. if you haven't already fallen in love with the school, you will.


I've never been to A2 and won't have a chance until MAP so I really hope I get to participate, and the idea of being a mentor in following years is awesome. I was a mentor for a scholars program at my UG and loved it. I really hope I'm accepted.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 pm

roundabout wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

It was just a funny image to think of her sitting there, doing the exact same thing to both letters, and plopping them in an envelope.

No idea if they've received my transcript or not yet, but I'm sure they have.

Anyone staying in the LC had their lease emailed to them yet?


Mine was underlined and crossed off in the same places. Makes the personal touch slightly less personal, but hey, at least they tried :roll:


I think it's her. Mine name was crossed off and underlined too, and there was a smiley face and note on my dean's scholly letter.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:anyone have any idea when we can move into the LC? I'm hoping that i can move in the 27th...ahhh can't wait! :D


Well, the admit site says the lease starts 27 August so we should be able to move in then. I hope.

Rockchalk, did they specifically tell you earlier you'd be in the first round or did you ask when you called? I'm thinking I probably should be, since I sent in my application in early January. I'm glad I went back to look at that email, though. I couldn't remember if there was a deposit for it or not.


THE LASSOCRAT IS THAT A TIGER MAMESHIBA IN YOURE TAR!?!?!? sorry, I just saw it. mame mame, shiba shiba!

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu May 13, 2010 12:58 pm

got my lease today, i wish i knew what my room assignment meant :?

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 pm

def2104 wrote:
stargazer wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
tl wrote: It'll be interesting to see how this changes the vibe of MAP.


... I hope the MAP doesn't get super-gunnerish. That'd probably suck.


agreed. i'll be a MAP leader. looking forward to meeting the 1Ls but i really don't want to spend time with gunner 1Ls..no offense.

MAP is going to be so fun. i participated in the program as a 1L. great way to get to know classmates (especially classmates outside of your section) before orientation starts. we got an early start on exploring ann arbor bars and restaurants. also had the opportunity to do practice oral arguments before doing that during second semester LP. between MAP and orientation weeks, i went out 11 out of 12 days...great way to start out the year.

to everyone who's coming to michigan next year, you've made an excellent decision. if you haven't already fallen in love with the school, you will.


I've never been to A2 and won't have a chance until MAP so I really hope I get to participate, and the idea of being a mentor in following years is awesome. I was a mentor for a scholars program at my UG and loved it. I really hope I'm accepted.


It sucks that there's no MAP for summer starters :cry:

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Thu May 13, 2010 1:48 pm

def2104 wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:anyone have any idea when we can move into the LC? I'm hoping that i can move in the 27th...ahhh can't wait! :D


Well, the admit site says the lease starts 27 August so we should be able to move in then. I hope.

Rockchalk, did they specifically tell you earlier you'd be in the first round or did you ask when you called? I'm thinking I probably should be, since I sent in my application in early January. I'm glad I went back to look at that email, though. I couldn't remember if there was a deposit for it or not.


THE LASSOCRAT IS THAT A TIGER MAMESHIBA IN YOURE TAR!?!?!? sorry, I just saw it. mame mame, shiba shiba!


Yes, yes it is. :lol:

Also it's thalassocrat, not the lassocrat, but don't worry. Happens all the time.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 pm


User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Thu May 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Oh man, that'd be awesome.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?

:shock: i can haz?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Oh man, that'd be awesome.


We should all go...

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu May 13, 2010 2:35 pm

tamlyric wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?

:shock: i can haz?


blhoward2 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Oh man, that'd be awesome.


We should all go...


Lets make this happen :mrgreen:
I'm gonna keep track of this and let you guys know when the tickets go on sale

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?

:shock: i can haz?


blhoward2 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Oh man, that'd be awesome.


We should all go...


Lets make this happen :mrgreen:
I'm gonna keep track of this and let you guys know when the tickets go on sale


Cool...I'm in and I'll have my car should a few people need a ride.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
tamlyric wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?

:shock: i can haz?


blhoward2 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64C47T20100513
anyone want to go to this with me?


Oh man, that'd be awesome.


We should all go...


Lets make this happen :mrgreen:
I'm gonna keep track of this and let you guys know when the tickets go on sale


Please do. I'd definitely be interested.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests