Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
15%
The bestest ever?
31%
The best there has ever been?
54%

Total votes: 13

cardinalandgold

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu May 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Just submitted my application as well. Sounds like a cool experience, and a great way to meet some people before orientation.

snickersnicker

Postby snickersnicker » Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm

For people who are summer starters or will be in Ann Arbor around Memorial Day, feel free to come out to a BBQ(?)/Potluck we're planning. Not sure on the details yet, but it'll probably be at my house (corner of Tappan and Hill) since it's centrally located and we've got a huge third-story deck. Here's the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116328711734792&ref=ts.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Thu May 06, 2010 5:24 pm

I wrote about how "Diversity" is an old wooden ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuK-EBkcww

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu May 06, 2010 5:26 pm

snickersnicker wrote:For people who are summer starters or will be in Ann Arbor around Memorial Day, feel free to come out to a BBQ(?)/Potluck we're planning. Not sure on the details yet, but it'll probably be at my house (corner of Tappan and Hill) since it's centrally located and we've got a huge third-story deck. Here's the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116328711734792&ref=ts.

aww i wish i was a summer starter, im getting really antsy to start already

snickersnicker

Postby snickersnicker » Thu May 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I know the feeling. I graduated last Sunday and I already wish I was in class.

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Thu May 06, 2010 6:00 pm

snickersnicker wrote:I know the feeling. I graduated last Sunday and I already wish I was in class.

dude, i dont know ow you graduated last week and are going straight back to school.

on another note, I quit work today. I imagine this is how it feels to be warren buffet when you check you bank balance or how I know it feels when Michigan wins a football game after a long day of tailgating (read: AWESOME!)

ankit

Postby ankit » Fri May 07, 2010 4:06 am

cardinalandgold wrote:Just submitted my application as well. Sounds like a cool experience, and a great way to meet some people before orientation.

Submitted mine as well. Those questions were a pain though, I thought I was done with Diversity Statements and the like! :D

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Fri May 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Finished the first 3 questions, but I'm kind of stuck on the last one...
Where, in the areas of diversity and social justice, do you feel you need to learn and grow the most?
:|

Income redistribution?

ohmy212

Postby ohmy212 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Don't know if everyone has already read this except for me but I just came across it and found it pretty informative/interesting/exciting.

http://www.law.umich.edu/currentstudent ... fault.aspx

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Sat May 08, 2010 1:41 am

snickersnicker wrote:I know the feeling. I graduated last Sunday and I already wish I was in class.

you won't feel like that after a year of law school.

waitingforanswers

Postby waitingforanswers » Mon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm sorry if this was discussed already, but I looked at the Aetna health insurance policy the law school offers and it seems pretty pricey for mediocre coverage. Are there any other options?

vidhartha

Postby vidhartha » Mon May 10, 2010 9:18 pm

awesomepossum wrote:

you won't feel like that after a year of law school.

So true. Just finished my 3rd semester as a summer starter and have no motivation to do law review. This is with me having a year off between ug and ls. But the summer is a great experience. You will love it. AA is amazing in the summer, you won't realize how great until the fall starters show up.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon May 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Has anyone received any confirmation that their deposits were accepted? I used money order so I can't see if it was cashed or not and I have not received any emails about it. I did get to create an email so I assume everything is all good but just wanna be sure.

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon May 10, 2010 10:00 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Has anyone received any confirmation that their deposits were accepted? I used money order so I can't see if it was cashed or not and I have not received any emails about it. I did get to create an email so I assume everything is all good but just wanna be sure.

i got a snail mail letter basically stating they got my deposit and it included a form to send with the second deposit a few days after i got to make my email address so I'm pretty sure you're all good :mrgreen:

ShibaDan

Postby ShibaDan » Mon May 10, 2010 11:42 pm

--LinkRemoved--

This makes me so happy. Also check out Specialty rankings...Michigan does well in all the best categories, including most dateable student body. Excellent. :mrgreen:

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon May 10, 2010 11:46 pm

def2104 wrote:http://server9.fusednetwork.com/~lifeat/full-rankings/

This makes me so happy. Also check out Specialty rankings...Michigan does well in all the best categories, including most dateable student body. Excellent. :mrgreen:

Any school that got placed lower than BYU on the party rankings should be ashamed of themselves.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:49 pm

waitingforanswers wrote:I'm sorry if this was discussed already, but I looked at the Aetna health insurance policy the law school offers and it seems pretty pricey for mediocre coverage. Are there any other options?

You get to use the university clinic as part of your mandatory health fee. According to their site, they do up to x-rays and labs in house and even have physical therapists. I am going with the Blue Cross Young Adult plan that will cover hospitalization and surgery and using the clinic for everything else. It's a little under half the price of the Aetna plan which sucks btw. If you want full coverage, the similarly priced Blue Cross plan is better IMO.

Edit: http://www.bcbsm.com/myblue/plan_youngadultblue.shtml Must be under 30 though... I think a major medical policy is the way to go with what the school clinic already offers.
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Tue May 11, 2010 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Has anyone received any confirmation that their deposits were accepted? I used money order so I can't see if it was cashed or not and I have not received any emails about it. I did get to create an email so I assume everything is all good but just wanna be sure.

If you go to your Mail and Money on the Admitted site, their should be a deposit letter mailed after the deposit. They seem to be backlogged though with the summer starters getting ready. It took 2 weeks for them to answer if they got my final transcript.

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Tue May 11, 2010 6:51 am

blhoward2 wrote:

If you go to your Mail and Money on the Admitted site, their should be a deposit letter mailed after the deposit. They seem to be backlogged though with the summer starters getting ready. It took 2 weeks for them to answer if they got my final transcript.

i didnt even check on this. did you just email them?

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:18 am

JRMjr wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:

i didnt even check on this. did you just email them?

Yeah, I don't know that you need to though. I'm sure they'll let you know. I just asked because I was already e-mailing about something else.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

It was just a funny image to think of her sitting there, doing the exact same thing to both letters, and plopping them in an envelope.

No idea if they've received my transcript or not yet, but I'm sure they have.

Anyone staying in the LC had their lease emailed to them yet?

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Shlonster wrote:Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

It was just a funny image to think of her sitting there, doing the exact same thing to both letters, and plopping them in an envelope.

I called the LC a few weeks ago to find out when the leases would be sent and they said it should happen mid to late May for people who turned in their intent form early enough. FYI... I sent mine in mid January and they said I would be in the first round of leases being sent. She also said all single suites (not regular singles) would be going to the 2L's and 3L's

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

anyone have any idea when we can move into the LC? I'm hoping that i can move in the 27th...ahhh can't wait! :D

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Wed May 12, 2010 12:59 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:anyone have any idea when we can move into the LC? I'm hoping that i can move in the 27th...ahhh can't wait! :D

Well, the admit site says the lease starts 27 August so we should be able to move in then. I hope.

Rockchalk, did they specifically tell you earlier you'd be in the first round or did you ask when you called? I'm thinking I probably should be, since I sent in my application in early January. I'm glad I went back to look at that email, though. I couldn't remember if there was a deposit for it or not.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Wed May 12, 2010 8:40 am

rockchalk86 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Just for anyone who is wondering -- I sent both of my deposits at the same time (one $600 check) and got my seat deposit conf. about a week later, with two different letters saying that first deposit and second deposit were received. Somewhat funny was that both were personally signed by Dean Z, had my "Mr. X" name crossed out and replaced by my first name, and the word "love" was underlined on both.

I called the LC a few weeks ago to find out when the leases would be sent and they said it should happen mid to late May for people who turned in their intent form early enough. FYI... I sent mine in mid January and they said I would be in the first round of leases being sent. She also said all single suites (not regular singles) would be going to the 2L's and 3L's

Just received my lease!!!!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”