Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
15%
The bestest ever?
31%
The best there has ever been?
54%

Total votes: 13

gochrisgo

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby gochrisgo » Wed May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gochrisgo

Postby gochrisgo » Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed May 05, 2010 2:40 pm

gochrisgo wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:My uniqname is just my initials. 3 letters. I was pretty stoked, given the fact that I have a long, confusing last name that has contributed to some awkward and ugly email addresses in the past.

And we got MichLaw alumni shirts for the service event, no decal. I don't know whether to put a :) or a :( at the end of that sentence. I love my car...

We got a T-shirt, car decal, some sort of lapel pin, and a Starbucks gift card for our service event. Yay for free stuff! :D

You win ^^

We got the pin, too -- some 150 years pin? Regarding the t-shirts, did ya'll get the right sizes? We had one L, some M, and a bunch of S. The dudes were in trouble with fitting into the shirts.

Yeah, the 150 years pin. I guess all the L got sent to our event. I wanted a M, but the lady organizing the event insisted that a L would be better. She said the shirt would shrink in the wash, so hopefully it does. It is somewhat big on me right now, but if it shrunk a bit it would be wearable.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 pm

gochrisgo wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:My uniqname is just my initials. 3 letters. I was pretty stoked, given the fact that I have a long, confusing last name that has contributed to some awkward and ugly email addresses in the past.

And we got MichLaw alumni shirts for the service event, no decal. I don't know whether to put a :) or a :( at the end of that sentence. I love my car...

We got a T-shirt, car decal, some sort of lapel pin, and a Starbucks gift card for our service event. Yay for free stuff! :D

And is it an MLaw decal? Or just an M? Pics or it didn't happen :D

It's an MLaw decal. I would take a picture of it and post it, but I'm at work. What sucks is I can't even use it. Can't put it on my car, because I haven't told anyone at work about law school. And when we move, we will only have my wife's car, and she doesn't want it on her car :cry:

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed May 05, 2010 3:22 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

It's an MLaw decal. I would take a picture of it and post it, but I'm at work. What sucks is I can't even use it. Can't put it on my car, because I haven't told anyone at work about law school. And when we move, we will only have my wife's car, and she doesn't want it on her car :cry:

Bidding war commence.

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Wait, where did this stuff come from?

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

PM'd you....

no, not really, but... really. Do want. $4.50

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed May 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Shlonster wrote:no, not really, but... really. Do want. $4.50

$4.75

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed May 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

$4.75

:mrgreen:

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed May 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

$4.75

Lol. I know I shouldn't be hanging around this thread but I'm still kind of in mourning about not being able to come to Mich.

When I was at ASW I was down in the Law School Student Senate offices and they had a bunch of different car stickers. It looks like they are a good source for MLaw gear as well.

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/lsss/mlaw_gear

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm

emrose wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

$4.75

Lol. I know I shouldn't be hanging around this thread but I'm still kind of in mourning about not being able to come to Mich.

When I was at ASW I was down in the Law School Student Senate offices and they had a bunch of different car stickers. It looks like they are a good source for MLaw gear as well.

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/lsss/mlaw_gear

:cry: ...
<3
... :mrgreen:
Last edited by tamlyric on Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 pm

tamlyric wrote:
emrose wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

$4.75

:cry: ... http://sitemaker.umich.edu/lsss/mlaw_gear

<3

edit: At this time we are unable to ship MLaw gear. :evil:

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Wed May 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

:oops:

Sorry, I missed that. Surely someone will be visiting in the near future and would be willing to pick up and mail orders for people?

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed May 05, 2010 5:02 pm

emrose wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Sorry, I missed that. Surely someone will be visiting in the near future and would be willing to pick up and mail orders for people?
Ask a summer starter to be our dealer. :D

JRMjr

Postby JRMjr » Thu May 06, 2010 6:42 am

holydonkey wrote:
emrose wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Ask a summer starter to be our dealer. :D

at your service. I charge shipping and handling with only minor convenience fees... Haha

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu May 06, 2010 12:41 pm

Just recieved an email inviting me to MAP. Are any of you doing it? Any current students want to chime in on what it's all about?

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Thu May 06, 2010 12:43 pm

blhoward2 wrote:Just recieved an email inviting me to MAP. Are any of you doing it? Any current students want to chime in on what it's all about?
Beat me to posting. I'd really like to do it, it sounds interesting and a great way to meet people before classes start. I'll be submitting an app, no idea how competitive it is.

RhubarbPie

Postby RhubarbPie » Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

holydonkey wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:Just recieved an email inviting me to MAP. Are any of you doing it? Any current students want to chime in on what it's all about?
Beat me to posting. I'd really like to do it, it sounds interesting and a great way to meet people before classes start. I'll be submitting an app, no idea how competitive it is.

+1...would love to have more info from current students who have done it.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu May 06, 2010 1:03 pm

hykang wrote:
holydonkey wrote:

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
byunbee wrote:
Bronte wrote:Anybody know when MAPS sign up is going to be?

Ok, deposited today. What is MAPS? Will I miss it if I'm out of the country until the end of July?

MAP is the Michigan Access Program, which is basically a pre-orientation program that many of us did and highly recommend. Think of it as 4-5 days where you get put up in a fairly nice hotel and get to meet about 40 students early and spend the week doing basic (and incredibly easy/non-stressful) law school "prep" type of stuff (another mock class, team-building exercises, and you get to try your hand at a fun little oral argument), all the while going out drinking with them every night. If I recall correctly, they send out the information after the first deposits so everybody gets it about the same time. Sign up early, since a lot of people were waitlisted for the program since it can only take so many people.

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Thu May 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
hykang wrote:
holydonkey wrote:

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
byunbee wrote:
Bronte wrote:Anybody know when MAPS sign up is going to be?

Ok, deposited today. What is MAPS? Will I miss it if I'm out of the country until the end of July?

MAP is the Michigan Access Program, which is basically a pre-orientation program that many of us did and highly recommend. Think of it as 4-5 days where you get put up in a fairly nice hotel and get to meet about 40 students early and spend the week doing basic (and incredibly easy/non-stressful) law school "prep" type of stuff (another mock class, team-building exercises, and you get to try your hand at a fun little oral argument), all the while going out drinking with them every night. If I recall correctly, they send out the information after the first deposits so everybody gets it about the same time. Sign up early, since a lot of people were waitlisted for the program since it can only take so many people.

Yeah I got my MAP invite today too. Thanks for info. You rock Helm!

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu May 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Sent in my App. for MAP today, since I couldn't do an ASW or visit the campus. Tried to make myself sound diverse and interested in social justice. We'll see.

ohmy212

Postby ohmy212 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Shlonster wrote:Sent in my App. for MAP today, since I couldn't do an ASW or visit the campus. Tried to make myself sound diverse and interested in social justice. We'll see.

Sent mine in as well. How competitive is it?

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Sent in my App. for MAP today, since I couldn't do an ASW or visit the campus. Tried to make myself sound diverse and interested in social justice. We'll see.

Considering people sent their apps in minutes after receiving it, I'm going to venture a guess and say it’s pretty competitive.

ohmy212

Postby ohmy212 » Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 pm

doinmybest wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:

Considering people sent their apps in minutes after receiving it, I'm going to venture a guess and say it’s pretty competitive.

Good point :D

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Thu May 06, 2010 3:51 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:

Good point :D

I wouldn't consider us TLS'ers a representative sample. I, for one, wouldn't have even thought about applying if people on the site hadn't said do it and do it early. In fact, while I was doing it, I didn't necessarily think that it would be super competetive, although I would imagine URM's are pretty much guaranteed spots.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”