Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goodolgil » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I think GradPlus lenders exist for another two months or so.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:06 pm

blhoward2 wrote:if I remember right, it says no earlier than June for fall start and NLT 30 days before class starts.
So we can't apply for the loans until June?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

holydonkey wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:if I remember right, it says no earlier than June for fall start and NLT 30 days before class starts.
So we can't apply for the loans until June?


Michigan site wrote:Since credit approvals expire, the earliest you should apply is June 1st unless you are a summer starter in which case you should apply as early as March 1st.


--LinkRemoved--

And the PDF with instructions:
--LinkRemoved--

Edit: And specific gradplus instructions. It looks like the school does everything for you.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 pm

blhoward2 wrote:
holydonkey wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:if I remember right, it says no earlier than June for fall start and NLT 30 days before class starts.
So we can't apply for the loans until June?


Michigan site wrote:Since credit approvals expire, the earliest you should apply is June 1st unless you are a summer starter in which case you should apply as early as March 1st.


--LinkRemoved--

And the PDF with instructions:
--LinkRemoved--

Edit: And specific gradplus instructions. It looks like the school does everything for you.

--LinkRemoved--
Sweet! You're awesome.

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ohmy212 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Anybody going to the alumni service day in New York? I just got an email about it.

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Shlonster » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Michigan is a direct lender so whether or not grad plus lenders exist it doesn't really matter for us - which is a good thing.

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:22 pm

correct. Michigan does all your government backed loans. They take a small cut but it is worth it to not find a lender.

navalspartan
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby navalspartan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 pm

JRM, my wife and I are definitely in for the SO club. I think you know who I am :)

Does anyone else have kids?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:56 pm

If there are any other vets using the Post 9/11 GI Bill in here, the university's veteran coordinator has confirmed that they are going to have an unlimited number of Yellow Ribbon scholarships again this year. (She actually set the Dean proposed this and it wasn't yet signed, but then she said it was a done deal just waiting on formalities.)

jd2013
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby jd2013 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 pm

did anyone think the construction projects were disruptive during their visit? is anyone concerned about it interfering with the experience?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 pm

jd2013 wrote:did anyone think the construction projects were disruptive during their visit? is anyone concerned about it interfering with the experience?


It wasn't that noisy when I was there. They did close a road to install a bridge. I think I remember the dean saying that it will be all interior work by the time we start in the Fall and that all of the major stuff on the old buildings is being done over the summer. I don't think it'll be too disruptive. I heard it was sometimes for the people there now but that was during the major outdoor stuff.

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JetstoRJC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 am

I wish we had more time with the new facilities. As I understand it, they will be finished with construction after the fall semester of 2011. So basically we will have construction during half of our time in law school and will enjoy the new facilities for the other half of our time. Maybe they will finish things early during our first summer and we will have two full years with the new stuff :D .

Oh and I am coming with a SO as well so count me in with the club.

GMVarun
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby GMVarun » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 am

I just received my financial aid offer and so I am happy to say I am now 100% certain about Michigan. (btw, to those still in financial aid limbo, feel free to PM me about my successful negotiation (i initially was given nothing and i now have received a decent scholarship); definitely be very respectful and honest and in my experience, the financial aid office will try to help you out to the best of their abilities).

I had a quick question to those who may have already done this: is there a special coversheet or document I need to attach when sending in my final undergraduate transcript? I can't seem to find anything specific on their website. Also where should I tell my school to send this to: the admissions office; the registrar? Thanks!

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 am

GMVarun wrote:I just received my financial aid offer and so I am happy to say I am now 100% certain about Michigan. (btw, to those still in financial aid limbo, feel free to PM me about my successful negotiation (i initially was given nothing and i now have received a decent scholarship); definitely be very respectful and honest and in my experience, the financial aid office will try to help you out to the best of their abilities).

I had a quick question to those who may have already done this: is there a special coversheet or document I need to attach when sending in my final undergraduate transcript? I can't seem to find anything specific on their website. Also where should I tell my school to send this to: the admissions office; the registrar? Thanks!


I sent mine to the admissions office. They should be the ones handling it. As for a cover sheet, I don't think you need one, especially since your school sends it out, not you. Maybe send an email/letter saying it's on its way, though...

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:I wish we had more time with the new facilities. As I understand it, they will be finished with construction after the fall semester of 2011. So basically we will have construction during half of our time in law school and will enjoy the new facilities for the other half of our time. Maybe they will finish things early during our first summer and we will have two full years with the new stuff :D .

Oh and I am coming with a SO as well so count me in with the club.


http://www.law.umich.edu/buildingprojec ... eline.aspx

The law school portion should be done sooner than the new academic building. Although I don't see how Jan 2012 will happen for the academic building. All the beams still are not in place. But, I think they plan do double the effort when finals are over.

User avatar
strawinlemonade
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby strawinlemonade » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:11 pm

hey, everyone. pulled the trigger today. go wolverines!

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 pm

strawinlemonade wrote:hey, everyone. pulled the trigger today. go wolverines!


go blue, baby! Go blue! Welcome to the family!

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Someone asked about the New York event earlier, but is anyone planning on attending the LA Michigan Law Alumni & Friends Service Day?

jasmoon
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby jasmoon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

It's official for me. Hello all :)

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

jasmoon wrote:It's official for me. Hello all :)

Congrats on making a great decision! :D

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 pm

jasmoon wrote:It's official for me. Hello all :)


Yay! :D

Alexandria
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Alexandria » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

thisamericanlife wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:I wish we had more time with the new facilities. As I understand it, they will be finished with construction after the fall semester of 2011. So basically we will have construction during half of our time in law school and will enjoy the new facilities for the other half of our time. Maybe they will finish things early during our first summer and we will have two full years with the new stuff :D .

Oh and I am coming with a SO as well so count me in with the club.


http://www.law.umich.edu/buildingprojec ... eline.aspx

The law school portion should be done sooner than the new academic building. Although I don't see how Jan 2012 will happen for the academic building. All the beams still are not in place. But, I think they plan do double the effort when finals are over.


I really do think it will be Jan 2012... or at least the Dean really, really pushed for it when looking for contractors, according to one of my profs. She said it was that the Dean didn't want any class to experience construction the whole time. So this year's 1L class will get that one semester with the new building.

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 am

Alexandria wrote:
thisamericanlife wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:I wish we had more time with the new facilities. As I understand it, they will be finished with construction after the fall semester of 2011. So basically we will have construction during half of our time in law school and will enjoy the new facilities for the other half of our time. Maybe they will finish things early during our first summer and we will have two full years with the new stuff :D .

Oh and I am coming with a SO as well so count me in with the club.


http://www.law.umich.edu/buildingprojec ... eline.aspx

The law school portion should be done sooner than the new academic building. Although I don't see how Jan 2012 will happen for the academic building. All the beams still are not in place. But, I think they plan do double the effort when finals are over.


I really do think it will be Jan 2012... or at least the Dean really, really pushed for it when looking for contractors, according to one of my profs. She said it was that the Dean didn't want any class to experience construction the whole time. So this year's 1L class will get that one semester with the new building.


I hope it is done by 2012. I'd like at least a year in the new building. It will be interesting to see how much gets done over the summer before students return.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby roundabout » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:26 am

Okay, it's totes offish- sent in my deposit, withdrew everywhere else, and getting psyched for Ann Arbor in the fall! I know this is discussed elsewhere in TLS, but are any fall starters doing any prep over the summer? I'm planning on spending 99% of my time wrapping up three years at a great job, traveling, resting my brain, etc., but just curious what I should do with that other 1%.

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:14 am

roundabout wrote:Okay, it's totes offish- sent in my deposit, withdrew everywhere else, and getting psyched for Ann Arbor in the fall! I know this is discussed elsewhere in TLS, but are any fall starters doing any prep over the summer? I'm planning on spending 99% of my time wrapping up three years at a great job, traveling, resting my brain, etc., but just curious what I should do with that other 1%.


go to the beach, study up on Michigan Football




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest