Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 am

[/quote] Wow is right. Congrats JRMjr! Sounds like there will be a good number of us coming to A2 with SOs. :D[/quote]

There are def a couple! I'm going to try and plan a bar night for the ones with SO's ... primarily for their benefit since they wont have an established group (...to bitch with when all we do is blab about school)

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am

JRMjr wrote:There are def a couple! I'm going to try and plan a bar night for the ones with SO's ... primarily for their benefit since they wont have an established group (...to bitch with when all we do is blab about school)
Count me in. Kind of hoping someone will start up something like this - http://law.vanderbilt.edu/student-resou ... index.aspx - at Michigan. I'd like to keep my wife involved at the school and it'd be nice to have dinners with other couples sometime instead of always going out to bars, etc.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 am

holydonkey wrote:
JRMjr wrote:There are def a couple! I'm going to try and plan a bar night for the ones with SO's ... primarily for their benefit since they wont have an established group (...to bitch with when all we do is blab about school)
Count me in. Kind of hoping someone will start up something like this - http://law.vanderbilt.edu/student-resou ... index.aspx - at Michigan. I'd like to keep my wife involved at the school and it'd be nice to have dinners with other couples sometime instead of always going out to bars, etc.

Does Michigan have something similar to Law Partners at Vandy? If not, someone here should totally start it! I met with Law Partners at Vandy's ASW and a support group for SO's and spouses is definitely something we'd be interested in. That's actually something my fiancee is kind of worried about, as neither of us knows anybody in AA.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:
JRMjr wrote:There are def a couple! I'm going to try and plan a bar night for the ones with SO's ... primarily for their benefit since they wont have an established group (...to bitch with when all we do is blab about school)
Count me in. Kind of hoping someone will start up something like this - http://law.vanderbilt.edu/student-resou ... index.aspx - at Michigan. I'd like to keep my wife involved at the school and it'd be nice to have dinners with other couples sometime instead of always going out to bars, etc.

Does Michigan have something similar to Law Partners at Vandy? If not, someone here should totally start it! I met with Law Partners at Vandy's ASW and a support group for SO's and spouses is definitely something we'd be interested in. That's actually something my fiancee is kind of worried about, as neither of us knows anybody in AA.


Count me in, too! I know there is a group called SQUALSA--the Senate Qualified Law Student Association--, which is meant to support the interests of "older" students. Presumably, one such interest is support for SOs and families. (See http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/RG/archives/ ... _form.html.) Nonetheless, if SQUALSA is insufficient, I would be game for helping start a group whose primary mission is the support of students with SOs and children. :D

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Awww. Glad you can see a bright side. 8)

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:47 pm

roundabout wrote:Does anyone know if there's any way to pay a seat deposit with a card? Or does it have to be a cheque? And does it have to be postmarked by 4/30 or received by then?


I emailed and asked this. They do not accept cards. It must be a check. You can send both deposits in one check if you like.

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 pm

OK, sounds like we have demand. Time to supply.

If you'd be interested in a Michigan version of "Law Partners" (ie- you have an SO, maybe kids, want to get to know some couples) PM me your email addy and I'll put together a distro!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:58 pm

JRMjr wrote:OK, sounds like we have demand. Time to supply.

If you'd be interested in a Michigan version of "Law Partners" (ie- you have an SO, maybe kids, want to get to know some couples) PM me your email addy and I'll put together a distro!


Maybe it would make sense to post something in the Mich 1L/2L/3L thread?

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 pm

tamlyric wrote:
JRMjr wrote:OK, sounds like we have demand. Time to supply.

If you'd be interested in a Michigan version of "Law Partners" (ie- you have an SO, maybe kids, want to get to know some couples) PM me your email addy and I'll put together a distro!


Maybe it would make sense to post something in the Mich 1L/2L/3L thread?


someones always thinkin! that person is not usually me..... headed there now. Thanks!

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Anyone bringing a dog with them to AA? If so, what kind of dog do you have? We will be bringing our two Italian Greyhounds. With all this talk about a support group for SO's/spouses, we need to set up a TLS doggy play date!

User avatar
Shlonster
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Shlonster » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Same deal here - not NYC, but you get the point. Telling myself that same story.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Shlonster wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Same deal here - not NYC, but you get the point. Telling myself that same story.


haha we can start our own support group

User avatar
gochrisgo
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby gochrisgo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:57 pm

.
Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohmy212
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ohmy212 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm

Shlonster wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Same deal here - not NYC, but you get the point. Telling myself that same story.


Same here:(

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm

gochrisgo wrote:Sent my deposit today. :D
Now I got to see about getting myself a t-shirt somehow...


Heck yeah, man! Welcome. :D

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Same deal here - not NYC, but you get the point. Telling myself that same story.


haha we can start our own support group


I'm down for that...

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goodolgil » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:My SO is staying behind in NYC :cry:
On the bright side, no distractions right? :lol:


Same here. NYC as well. Tried to make the moving thing work, but the finding a job thing got too complicated. Maybe next eyar.

Le sigh.

User avatar
roundabout
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:59 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby roundabout » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm

blhoward2 wrote:
roundabout wrote:Does anyone know if there's any way to pay a seat deposit with a card? Or does it have to be a cheque? And does it have to be postmarked by 4/30 or received by then?


I emailed and asked this. They do not accept cards. It must be a check. You can send both deposits in one check if you like.


Great, thanks for this.

Cardinal- congrats! Also, would it be weird if I came to your doggy play date as a non dog owner? Currently watching "Dog Whisperer".

Joan and goodolgil, my SO is also staying behind, but behind for me is overseas- so I will be super distraction-free with you. :? Just be thankful you don't have to deal with visa fun.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goodolgil » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Oh, have any of you guys gone into Wolverine Access? http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu/

If youve filled out a FAFSA there's lots of financial information there.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Does anyone recommend a particular grad plus lender? Just went and checked wolverine access and realized I still need to apply for these.

User avatar
gochrisgo
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby gochrisgo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:44 pm

.
Last edited by gochrisgo on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

roundabout wrote:
blhoward2 wrote:
roundabout wrote:Does anyone know if there's any way to pay a seat deposit with a card? Or does it have to be a cheque? And does it have to be postmarked by 4/30 or received by then?


I emailed and asked this. They do not accept cards. It must be a check. You can send both deposits in one check if you like.


Great, thanks for this.

Cardinal- congrats! Also, would it be weird if I came to your doggy play date as a non dog owner? Currently watching "Dog Whisperer".

Joan and goodolgil, my SO is also staying behind, but behind for me is overseas- so I will be super distraction-free with you. :? Just be thankful you don't have to deal with visa fun.

Thanks roundabout! Wouldn't be weird at all, in fact all animal lovers are welcome! And though my dogs can be a pain in the ass sometimes, I wouldn't have things any other way. They are the best!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:01 pm

gochrisgo wrote:
holydonkey wrote:Does anyone recommend a particular grad plus lender? Just went and checked wolverine access and realized I still need to apply for these.


Also pertinent to my interests.


And TL -- I knew I was gonna come here in the end. Just took a little bit to convince myself :D

Now let's get Slimpee to transfer...


I don't think there are gradplus lenders anymore. They are all originated by the US Gov now since the law changed this year. From the Admitted Studen page, go to frequently asked questions, and there is a link to financial aid info for 2010-2011.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:03 pm

blhoward2 wrote:
gochrisgo wrote:
holydonkey wrote:Does anyone recommend a particular grad plus lender? Just went and checked wolverine access and realized I still need to apply for these.


Also pertinent to my interests.


And TL -- I knew I was gonna come here in the end. Just took a little bit to convince myself :D

Now let's get Slimpee to transfer...


I don't think there are gradplus lenders anymore. They are all originated by the US Gov now since the law changed this year. From the Admitted Studen page, go to frequently asked questions, and there is a link to financial aid info for 2010-2011.


if I remember right, it says no earlier than June for fall start and NLT 30 days before class starts.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests