Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 am

Diskette15 wrote:It's official! Sent in my deposit earlier this week. Looking forward to meeting you all this fall. Go Blue!


congrats! Go Blue!

User avatar
tangential886
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tangential886 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:37 am

bfinlayson wrote:
tangential886 wrote:95% it's Michigan for me. Guess it's about time I post in here. Ahhhh so excited/terrified!!!! Any other southerners making the move up north?



Me! I'm moving up from Texas.



Georgia here! I'm totally not used to snow...

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 am

If you count Virginia as Southern, and I do. :wink:

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 am

tangential886 wrote:
bfinlayson wrote:
tangential886 wrote:95% it's Michigan for me. Guess it's about time I post in here. Ahhhh so excited/terrified!!!! Any other southerners making the move up north?



Me! I'm moving up from Texas.



Georgia here! I'm totally not used to snow...


Ditto. I'm coming up from Atlanta.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:57 am

To y'all Southerners: a hearty congrats and a warm welcome! :D

More importantly, though, is it "soda," "pop," or "coke?"

Regardless, GO BLUE! :wink:

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am

tamlyric wrote:To y'all Southerners: a hearty congrats and a warm welcome! :D

More importantly, though, is it "soda," "pop," or "coke?"

Regardless, GO BLUE! :wink:


Here it's coke no matter what it is... hahah

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:08 am

Virginia is all kinds of messed up on this issue. I call it soda and my wife calls it pop.

Image

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 am

holydonkey wrote:Virginia is all kinds of messed up on this issue. I call it soda and my wife calls it pop.

Image


This map is so full of win! :lol:

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Deposit Sent :mrgreen:

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm

doinmybest wrote:
tamlyric wrote:To y'all Southerners: a hearty congrats and a warm welcome! :D

More importantly, though, is it "soda," "pop," or "coke?"

Regardless, GO BLUE! :wink:


Here it's coke no matter what it is... hahah


I think if you ask for a Pepsi (or Sprite or Mountain Dew or w/e) by calling it a "Coke," people would give even weirder looks than if you asked for a soda.

BTW, how does that work, asking for something else by saying coke?

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 pm

blhoward2 wrote:For current students and people in the area already...

What time do the buses stop running? How do you all get home when you drink? Are cabs expensive?


Where are you living? I think most people walk home, but most people live within walking distance of campus (and thus the bars). I wanna say the Michigan buses run til 2 or 2:30, but AATA I'm not sure. And I think there's a free cab service, night-ride or something, that gives you a limited number of nighttime rides per year...

washingtonian
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby washingtonian » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:46 pm

anyone have suggestions for 2 BR apartments within walking distance of the law school?

User avatar
bees
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby bees » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?

junelsat
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby junelsat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Any general thoughts on living in the Lawyer's Club? I'm coming straight out of UG, and I feel like the lawyer's club will be younger and more social.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

bees wrote:Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?


I've decided to leave my car behind.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
tamlyric wrote:To y'all Southerners: a hearty congrats and a warm welcome! :D

More importantly, though, is it "soda," "pop," or "coke?"

Regardless, GO BLUE! :wink:


Here it's coke no matter what it is... hahah


I think if you ask for a Pepsi (or Sprite or Mountain Dew or w/e) by calling it a "Coke," people would give even weirder looks than if you asked for a soda.

BTW, how does that work, asking for something else by saying coke?



If you live in Atlanta you don't ask for anything else besides coke.

*See Holy Donkey's map :D

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 pm

bees wrote:Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?

My wife to be will be bringing her car. $125 seems pretty steep. At most of the apt complexes we were looking at, a covered carport was around $10-20 more a month.

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 pm

junelsat wrote:Any general thoughts on living in the Lawyer's Club? I'm coming straight out of UG, and I feel like the lawyer's club will be younger and more social.


I have heard very positive things about this from people straight out of UG and also people that have taken a break. it allows you to focus and there is zero commute (and no cooking!)

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

doinmybest wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
tamlyric wrote:To y'all Southerners: a hearty congrats and a warm welcome! :D

More importantly, though, is it "soda," "pop," or "coke?"

Regardless, GO BLUE! :wink:


Here it's coke no matter what it is... hahah


I think if you ask for a Pepsi (or Sprite or Mountain Dew or w/e) by calling it a "Coke," people would give even weirder looks than if you asked for a soda.

BTW, how does that work, asking for something else by saying coke?



If you live in Atlanta you don't ask for anything else besides coke.

*See Holy Donkey's map :D


I meant in Michigan. But even for the South, I'm curious how that works...

User avatar
bees
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby bees » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
bees wrote:Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?

My wife to be will be bringing her car. $125 seems pretty steep. At most of the apt complexes we were looking at, a covered carport was around $10-20 more a month.


Yeah, I'm just looking for the summer - after that I plan to move somewhere a bit further away with a parking space included. I've had a little better luck on craigslist, but it's tough to find spots super close to campus.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 pm

JRMjr wrote:
junelsat wrote:Any general thoughts on living in the Lawyer's Club? I'm coming straight out of UG, and I feel like the lawyer's club will be younger and more social.


I have heard very positive things about this from people straight out of UG and also people that have taken a break. it allows you to focus and there is zero commute (and no cooking!)

Living in the Lawyer's Club would seem pretty nice most of the year (convenience, social aspect, no cooking, etc), but come finals I couldn't think of a worse place to be. That many nervous and compulsive 1L's all in one place would only serve to drive my stress level up!

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

bees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
bees wrote:Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?

My wife to be will be bringing her car. $125 seems pretty steep. At most of the apt complexes we were looking at, a covered carport was around $10-20 more a month.


Yeah, I'm just looking for the summer - after that I plan to move somewhere a bit further away with a parking space included. I've had a little better luck on craigslist, but it's tough to find spots super close to campus.

Gotcha, that's tough. Coming from LA to Michigan, parking is the last thing I want to worry about in Ann Arbor :P It's almost as bad as my apartment complex in SoCal right now wanting $175/mo for a parking spot.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
bees wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
bees wrote:Are any of you bringing a car that you are going to have to park (space not included where you are living)?

I just started looking around and the best I could find so far was $125/mo for a public parking structure right near campus/my apartment. I haven't even checked their availability yet.

Any of you had better luck?

My wife to be will be bringing her car. $125 seems pretty steep. At most of the apt complexes we were looking at, a covered carport was around $10-20 more a month.


Yeah, I'm just looking for the summer - after that I plan to move somewhere a bit further away with a parking space included. I've had a little better luck on craigslist, but it's tough to find spots super close to campus.

Gotcha, that's tough. Coming from LA to Michigan, parking is the last thing I want to worry about in Ann Arbor :P It's almost as bad as my apartment complex in SoCal right now wanting $175/mo for a parking spot.


I think I recently saw one summer sublet that comes with a parking spot, but it seems like maybe only 1 of the 3 bdrms in the apt were available...

soyable
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby soyable » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Any of you had better luck?[/quote]
My wife to be will be bringing her car. $125 seems pretty steep. At most of the apt complexes we were looking at, a covered carport was around $10-20 more a month.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm just looking for the summer - after that I plan to move somewhere a bit further away with a parking space included. I've had a little better luck on craigslist, but it's tough to find spots super close to campus.[/quote]
Gotcha, that's tough. Coming from LA to Michigan, parking is the last thing I want to worry about in Ann Arbor :P It's almost as bad as my apartment complex in SoCal right now wanting $175/mo for a parking spot.[/quote]

I think I recently saw one summer sublet that comes with a parking spot, but it seems like maybe only 1 of the 3 bdrms in the apt were available...[/quote]

The place I found to sublet has free parking...aaaand I'm looking for roomates. It's about 15 minutes from the law quad, close to Kerrytown. PM me if interested. ($550/month, all inclusive).

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:Deposit Sent :mrgreen:


Congrats!




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest