Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:24 am

JetstoRJC wrote:Just sent in an application for Woodbury. I am married and have been focusing mainly on two bedroom apartments in Ann Arbor. Also was considering Signature Club but wanted to be closer to the Law School.

What really appealed to me about Woodbury was they offer a 21 month lease with a 50 percent discount on rent during the summer between 1L and 2L if you have to move away. Then with the 21 month length the lease ends before the next summer. I know the sublet market in AA is tight and most the students i talked to at the ASW said they just had to pay the full rent price at their apartments during the summer. Now I will have to worry about finding a 9 month lease my 3L year but am happy to have the relief during both summers.


Yeah, my hope is to find roommates and do woodbury 2 or 3 bedroom 2L or 3L then reduce in cost is huge, and then you can't beat it.

User avatar
goblue1646
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goblue1646 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Sent in my deposit $$$ today!!!!!!!! :D :D :D so excited!

fortissimo
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:05 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby fortissimo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 pm

def2104 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:You can try Google Maps for bus planning.


I've been using google maps to try to estimate distance, where is the bus planning feature I can't seem to find it?


You type in your address you want to get to. Click "get directions." type in starting address. Scroll down and select "by public transit." Click "get directions" and it will do everything for you, including tell you various different routes/times.

I only use google maps when I try to figure out public transportation.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 pm

fortissimo wrote:
def2104 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:You can try Google Maps for bus planning.


I've been using google maps to try to estimate distance, where is the bus planning feature I can't seem to find it?


You type in your address you want to get to. Click "get directions." type in starting address. Scroll down and select "by public transit." Click "get directions" and it will do everything for you, including tell you various different routes/times.

I only use google maps when I try to figure out public transportation.


Thanks! You are awesome. :)

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:23 am

http://www.theride.org/

You can see the maps and schedules which show exactly what time each bus stops at each stop each day. You can also get real-time updated on your phone when you start riding them.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:49 am

blhoward2 wrote:http://www.theride.org/

You can see the maps and schedules which show exactly what time each bus stops at each stop each day. You can also get real-time updated on your phone when you start riding them.


Yeah went there...the "maps" are extremely difficult to decipher for someone who knows nothing about the area. However, I've been using the google thing all day and it is exactly like the Japanese system, so easy and convenient. Thanks again fortissimo.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

def2104 wrote:I am going crazy. Legitimately insane. I am in Japan as I said before so the only way to find housing before I'm back in the US is through the internet. I can't justify spending over $1000 a month on a place but it seems the only options are REALLY far away and cheap, close, nice and super expensive, or tiny, expensive and close.

I am open to any suggestions, help please. Also, I have a dog.

I really shouldn't be paying more for a one bedroom in A2 than I am in Osaka. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... _employees


Have you checked out Hidden Valley Club? They're dog/cat friendly, and you can get a 1bdrm with rent, unlimited water and unlimited gas (with a gas fireplace :mrgreen: ) for mid $600's/month. The property, clubhouse and complexes themselves aren't nearly as nice as a place like Woodbury, but the actual apartments (the only place out of those you'll actually be living in) I thought were very nearly identical. Both were dated, but fairly clean, budget apartments.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:44 am

starstruck393 wrote:
def2104 wrote:I am going crazy. Legitimately insane. I am in Japan as I said before so the only way to find housing before I'm back in the US is through the internet. I can't justify spending over $1000 a month on a place but it seems the only options are REALLY far away and cheap, close, nice and super expensive, or tiny, expensive and close.

I am open to any suggestions, help please. Also, I have a dog.

I really shouldn't be paying more for a one bedroom in A2 than I am in Osaka. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... _employees


Have you checked out Hidden Valley Club? They're dog/cat friendly, and you can get a 1bdrm with rent, unlimited water and unlimited gas (with a gas fireplace :mrgreen: ) for mid $600's/month. The property, clubhouse and complexes themselves aren't nearly as nice as a place like Woodbury, but the actual apartments (the only place out of those you'll actually be living in) I thought were very nearly identical. Both were dated, but fairly clean, budget apartments.


Hey I just checked it out but it says no dogs allowed. Thanks though for your help!

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am

def2104 wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
def2104 wrote:I am going crazy. Legitimately insane. I am in Japan as I said before so the only way to find housing before I'm back in the US is through the internet. I can't justify spending over $1000 a month on a place but it seems the only options are REALLY far away and cheap, close, nice and super expensive, or tiny, expensive and close.

I am open to any suggestions, help please. Also, I have a dog.

I really shouldn't be paying more for a one bedroom in A2 than I am in Osaka. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo ... _employees


Have you checked out Hidden Valley Club? They're dog/cat friendly, and you can get a 1bdrm with rent, unlimited water and unlimited gas (with a gas fireplace :mrgreen: ) for mid $600's/month. The property, clubhouse and complexes themselves aren't nearly as nice as a place like Woodbury, but the actual apartments (the only place out of those you'll actually be living in) I thought were very nearly identical. Both were dated, but fairly clean, budget apartments.


Hey I just checked it out but it says no dogs allowed. Thanks though for your help!


Woops (sorry), I take that back then. I could have sworn they had a sign out in the front that said they take both cats and dogs...

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ankit » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 am

Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!

Quick question - Do we get some kind of instruction manual for Wolverine Access, or something to guide us on what we need to do from here onwards (till classes start)?

Also, has anyone heard about the MAP for this year?

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!

Quick question - Do we get some kind of instruction manual for Wolverine Access, or something to guide us on what we need to do from here onwards (till classes start)?

Also, has anyone heard about the MAP for this year?


There's no manual afaik, but what do you want to know about Wolverine Access? I don't think anything for MAP has been announced...

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ankit » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:35 am

starstruck393 wrote:
ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!

Quick question - Do we get some kind of instruction manual for Wolverine Access, or something to guide us on what we need to do from here onwards (till classes start)?

Also, has anyone heard about the MAP for this year?


There's no manual afaik, but what do you want to know about Wolverine Access? I don't think anything for MAP has been announced...


Yeah should have been clearer. I basically wanted to know if we need to do anything with it from now until the term commences. Anyway, I guess not!

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:29 pm

ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!


Congrats man! :D

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

ankit wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!

Quick question - Do we get some kind of instruction manual for Wolverine Access, or something to guide us on what we need to do from here onwards (till classes start)?

Also, has anyone heard about the MAP for this year?


There's no manual afaik, but what do you want to know about Wolverine Access? I don't think anything for MAP has been announced...


Yeah should have been clearer. I basically wanted to know if we need to do anything with it from now until the term commences. Anyway, I guess not!


Yea, it's helpful to check financial stuff, and you use it to sign up for classes (which we won't have to worry about for a while), but otherwise no, we don't have to do anything.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!


Congrats man! :D


Heck yeah, Ankit! That's wonderful news. :D

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 pm

starstruck393 wrote:Yea, it's helpful to check financial stuff, and you use it to sign up for classes (which we won't have to worry about for a while), but otherwise no, we don't have to do anything.


Is there a deadline by which we need to accept or decline our loans? I can't seem to find one.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 pm

tamlyric wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Yea, it's helpful to check financial stuff, and you use it to sign up for classes (which we won't have to worry about for a while), but otherwise no, we don't have to do anything.


Is there a deadline by which we need to accept or decline our loans? I can't seem to find one.


They said during ASW that there was no deadline for loans.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ankit » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:57 pm

tamlyric wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:
ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!


Congrats man! :D


Heck yeah, Ankit! That's wonderful news. :D


Thanks guys!

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:56 pm

ankit wrote:Confirmed my enrollment yesterday and got my unique name today!

Quick question - Do we get some kind of instruction manual for Wolverine Access, or something to guide us on what we need to do from here onwards (till classes start)?

Also, has anyone heard about the MAP for this year?



CONGRATS!!

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:51 am

Hey I had a quick question, does anyone know what percentage Michigan GPA's typically fall within the top 10%, 25%, 33%? I saw on here that Michigan's median is a 3.19. I was wondering what GPA one would need to be at the top?

User avatar
dudester
Posts: 344
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby dudester » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:40 am

def2104 wrote:Hey I had a quick question, does anyone know what percentage Michigan GPA's typically fall within the top 10%, 25%, 33%? I saw on here that Michigan's median is a 3.19. I was wondering what GPA one would need to be at the top?


4.0

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:24 am

dudester wrote:
def2104 wrote:Hey I had a quick question, does anyone know what percentage Michigan GPA's typically fall within the top 10%, 25%, 33%? I saw on here that Michigan's median is a 3.19. I was wondering what GPA one would need to be at the top?


4.0


I was 2 seconds from writing `and don't say 4.0` in my last post, but I thought nah, this is the Mich 2013 thread, I needn't worry about smartassery. Alas, I was mistaken. Do you happen to actually know the cutoffs? I know there are important bench markers espcially for OCI purposes.

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby RhubarbPie » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the first seat deposit online? Or do we need to snail mail that form back to them (if we have to do that, I'm guessing it has to get there by April 31, not be postmarked by April 31)?

Alexandria
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Alexandria » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:47 pm

def2104 wrote:Hey I had a quick question, does anyone know what percentage Michigan GPA's typically fall within the top 10%, 25%, 33%? I saw on here that Michigan's median is a 3.19. I was wondering what GPA one would need to be at the top?


At graduation, top 10% is about a 3.7. It would be lower than that after 1L or 2L, since GPAs rise (more classes that are uncurved, like seminars).

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JetstoRJC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Officially put the deposit in the mail today




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest