Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

urban_cdn
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby urban_cdn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 pm

beesknees wrote:BTW, have they posted a list of events anywhere? I have no idea what I'll be doing for two days other than running with Dean Z on Saturday!



http://admit.law.umich.edu/admittedstud ... 025-27.pdf


:)

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:51 pm

.
Last edited by Joan Hollaway on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 am

I'm going next week with the fiance and I'll report back. The schedule is PACKED and I need to find time to apt search so I'm sure there is stuff that can be cut out

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby beesknees » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 am

urban_cdn wrote:
beesknees wrote:BTW, have they posted a list of events anywhere? I have no idea what I'll be doing for two days other than running with Dean Z on Saturday!



http://admit.law.umich.edu/admittedstud ... 025-27.pdf


:)


Whoa! That is a lot! I'm going to have to pick and choose because I do want to apartment search as well while I'm up there so that in April when I make my decision, if I choose Michigan I can at least have an idea of where I want to live!

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:20 am

Yea, it's pretty tight, but I'm sure you can find things to skip if need be. For instance, if you skip the Friday lunch break (or just grab and go), drop in Q&A and the central campus tour, that's a nice little time slot that doesn't seem as important as some of the other activities.

Can you not look before things get started on Thursday, or after they end on Saturday?

colada
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby colada » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 am

! i can log into the admitted students site! this hasn't turned out to be a glitch yet, right?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 am

colada wrote:! i can log into the admitted students site! this hasn't turned out to be a glitch yet, right?

If you can log in, you're in! Congrats!

alien d
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby alien d » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 am

I'm also going to be attending the 2nd preview weekend with the SO in tow. Won't be able to make it Thursday, but otherwise really excited to go!

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby beesknees » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:28 pm

starstruck393 wrote:Yea, it's pretty tight, but I'm sure you can find things to skip if need be. For instance, if you skip the Friday lunch break (or just grab and go), drop in Q&A and the central campus tour, that's a nice little time slot that doesn't seem as important as some of the other activities.

Can you not look before things get started on Thursday, or after they end on Saturday?


No, I arrive in Detroit late Thursday morning and I'm flying out Saturday afternoon. But many of those things aren't must do's for me.

All of those meals are included? I'm bringing my SO, so does that mean we have to either skip or he just watch me as I eat my delicious complimentary meal? If we're paying for them that'd be much better.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm

beesknees wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Yea, it's pretty tight, but I'm sure you can find things to skip if need be. For instance, if you skip the Friday lunch break (or just grab and go), drop in Q&A and the central campus tour, that's a nice little time slot that doesn't seem as important as some of the other activities.

Can you not look before things get started on Thursday, or after they end on Saturday?


No, I arrive in Detroit late Thursday morning and I'm flying out Saturday afternoon. But many of those things aren't must do's for me.

All of those meals are included? I'm bringing my SO, so does that mean we have to either skip or he just watch me as I eat my delicious complimentary meal? If we're paying for them that'd be much better.



Your SO can generally attend all the meals. You should let admissions know so they have a handle on the numbers though.

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby beesknees » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 pm

awesomepossum wrote:
beesknees wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:Yea, it's pretty tight, but I'm sure you can find things to skip if need be. For instance, if you skip the Friday lunch break (or just grab and go), drop in Q&A and the central campus tour, that's a nice little time slot that doesn't seem as important as some of the other activities.

Can you not look before things get started on Thursday, or after they end on Saturday?


No, I arrive in Detroit late Thursday morning and I'm flying out Saturday afternoon. But many of those things aren't must do's for me.

All of those meals are included? I'm bringing my SO, so does that mean we have to either skip or he just watch me as I eat my delicious complimentary meal? If we're paying for them that'd be much better.



Your SO can generally attend all the meals. You should let admissions know so they have a handle on the numbers though.


Thanks Possum! I'll email them tomorrow to let them know.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby existenz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 am

I'll be at the second weekend. Rolling solo straight out of Cali.

Gonna have to miss the jog with Dean Z since I have to be back in Palm Springs on Saturday for a bachelor party, but I'll be in Michigan all day Thurs and Fri!

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:20 pm

The sun is out, the skies are blue and the snow is melting. It will be a good weekend to visit Ann Arbor. And you can come and see the whole in the ground I see about every day. I'll be there this weekend. I can't wait finally to meet some admits for this fall.

jh60405
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby jh60405 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:29 am

Does anyone know anything about the lawyer's club? They say its furnished, I'm assuming this is with a twin size bed. Is that accurate? Could you fit a larger bed in there? Is there any kind of computer lab or place to study in the building itself? I think I heard there is some kind of workout facility, what is that like?

jh60405
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby jh60405 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 am

Also,
Do you get kicked out at certain times (like christmas) or are you free to stay as long as you like?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:53 pm

jh60405 wrote:Does anyone know anything about the lawyer's club? They say its furnished, I'm assuming this is with a twin size bed. Is that accurate? Could you fit a larger bed in there? Is there any kind of computer lab or place to study in the building itself? I think I heard there is some kind of workout facility, what is that like?


A workout facility specifically for LC members? Never heard of that.

I don't think you're allowed to bring in your own bed.

Only place i can really think of to study without leaving the building is the lounge downstairs.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:29 pm

jh60405 wrote:Also,
Do you get kicked out at certain times (like christmas) or are you free to stay as long as you like?


I know it's closed over the summer. I think it closes over Christmas break, too; at least, on the admitted students' site the lease dates for 2010-2011 are given as 27 Aug - 23 Dec and 8 Jan - 7 May.

Did anyone else get an email about accessing your financial aid in WolverineAccess? They've got my Stafford loans under Fin Aid Communications in the AS site, too.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm

thalassocrat wrote:Did anyone else get an email about accessing your financial aid in WolverineAccess? They've got my Stafford loans under Fin Aid Communications in the AS site, too.


I got the e-mail this morning.

User avatar
bees
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby bees » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:Did anyone else get an email about accessing your financial aid in WolverineAccess? They've got my Stafford loans under Fin Aid Communications in the AS site, too.


I got the e-mail this morning.


not yet :|

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:44 pm

havent seen the email either. I spoke with them last week and they said they wouldn't even start processing until this week so it looks like its the VERY early batches

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm

JRMjr wrote:havent seen the email either. I spoke with them last week and they said they wouldn't even start processing until this week so it looks like its the VERY early batches

+1 I spoke to Financial Aid last week as well and they said the same thing to me about not starting processing for financial aid until this week.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby summerschooled » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:Did anyone else get an email about accessing your financial aid in WolverineAccess? They've got my Stafford loans under Fin Aid Communications in the AS site, too.


I got the e-mail this morning.

Me too.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby D-hops » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

summerschooled wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:Did anyone else get an email about accessing your financial aid in WolverineAccess? They've got my Stafford loans under Fin Aid Communications in the AS site, too.


I got the e-mail this morning.

Me too.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
JRMjr wrote:havent seen the email either. I spoke with them last week and they said they wouldn't even start processing until this week so it looks like its the VERY early batches

+1 I spoke to Financial Aid last week as well and they said the same thing to me about not starting processing for financial aid until this week.


Makes sense. I got my FAFSA done ridiculously early since I didn't have to wait for anyone this year.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

and having $140,000 in LS debt just hit me

hold me




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest