Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:11 pm

PKSebben wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry I had to run out -- wife was outside while I went out, so caught a ride home. If you guys go out before next weekend, let me know. Good to me all of you and pm me if you have any questions.

PK


It's all good man. Thanks for coming along.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 pm

blowhard wrote:
PKSebben wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry I had to run out -- wife was outside while I went out, so caught a ride home. If you guys go out before next weekend, let me know. Good to me all of you and pm me if you have any questions.

PK


It's all good man. Thanks for coming along.
+1

Wolverhoo
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Wolverhoo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:06 am

Since we don't have access to law open just yet (I believe?).... I am looking to buy an additional ticket for my SO to the UConn game. Please PM me if you are interested in giving yours up!
Last edited by Wolverhoo on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wolverhoo
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Wolverhoo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 am

.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Sorry guys no internet for a while: section N, out of Japan and living in A2!, and will be at the MAP dinner tonight...what's everyone wearing? I was going with shirt and tie no jacket. Does that sound OK?

Also, bummed I missed out on drinks last night

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ankit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:56 pm

ShibaDan wrote:Sorry guys no internet for a while: section N, out of Japan and living in A2!, and will be at the MAP dinner tonight...what's everyone wearing? I was going with shirt and tie no jacket. Does that sound OK?

Also, bummed I missed out on drinks last night


Business casual is just a shirt with trousers/khakis - no tie.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Wolverhoo wrote:Since we don't have access to law open just yet (I believe?).... I am looking to buy an additional ticket for my SO to the UConn game. Please PM me if you are interested in giving yours up!


Is lawopen different than the classified thing when you log in to M Law Live? There is a place to sell tickets there but I don't think any are listed yet.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:00 pm

ankit wrote:
ShibaDan wrote:Sorry guys no internet for a while: section N, out of Japan and living in A2!, and will be at the MAP dinner tonight...what's everyone wearing? I was going with shirt and tie no jacket. Does that sound OK?

Also, bummed I missed out on drinks last night


Business casual is just a shirt with trousers/khakis - no tie.


Some people wear a tie with business casual but that's a little too formal. (According to the suit thread, once you are working business casual means you can throw your suit jacket on to meet clients so it's a suit without wearing the jacket...) I'm not wearing a tie tonight though.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

blowhard wrote:
ankit wrote:
ShibaDan wrote:Sorry guys no internet for a while: section N, out of Japan and living in A2!, and will be at the MAP dinner tonight...what's everyone wearing? I was going with shirt and tie no jacket. Does that sound OK?

Also, bummed I missed out on drinks last night


Business casual is just a shirt with trousers/khakis - no tie.


Some people wear a tie with business casual but that's a little too formal. (According to the suit thread, once you are working business casual means you can throw your suit jacket on to meet clients so it's a suit without wearing the jacket...) I'm not wearing a tie tonight though.


OK no tie it is! I'm excited to meet you all in person...we need like a TLS code word

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:44 pm

blowhard wrote:
Wolverhoo wrote:Since we don't have access to law open just yet (I believe?).... I am looking to buy an additional ticket for my SO to the UConn game. Please PM me if you are interested in giving yours up!


Is lawopen different than the classified thing when you log in to M Law Live? There is a place to sell tickets there but I don't think any are listed yet.


lawopen is a listserv that everyone will be added to this week. It's different from that MLive garbage.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 pm

OK I have been trying to find the MAP materials for the last hour...I give up. CT tools/wolverine access is the most inefficient site I have ever seen. I miss my old university's system. Can any help me out with a link? I want to look over one or two of the cases before I start drinking tonight.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:50 pm

ShibaDan wrote:OK I have been trying to find the MAP materials for the last hour...I give up. CT tools/wolverine access is the most inefficient site I have ever seen. I miss my old university's system. Can any help me out with a link? I want to look over one or two of the cases before I start drinking tonight.


Go to CTools (log in in upper right corner), click Membership, Click MAP, click resources...all files are listed.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:00 pm

blowhard wrote:
ShibaDan wrote:OK I have been trying to find the MAP materials for the last hour...I give up. CT tools/wolverine access is the most inefficient site I have ever seen. I miss my old university's system. Can any help me out with a link? I want to look over one or two of the cases before I start drinking tonight.


Go to CTools (log in in upper right corner), click Membership, Click MAP, click resources...all files are listed.


awesome thanks! Also, I think I just found out you're real name haha, we're in the members present section.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:03 pm

ShibaDan wrote:
blowhard wrote:
ShibaDan wrote:OK I have been trying to find the MAP materials for the last hour...I give up. CT tools/wolverine access is the most inefficient site I have ever seen. I miss my old university's system. Can any help me out with a link? I want to look over one or two of the cases before I start drinking tonight.


Go to CTools (log in in upper right corner), click Membership, Click MAP, click resources...all files are listed.


awesome thanks! Also, I think I just found out you're real name haha, we're in the members present section.


Sweet. didn't notice that. Like a mini-gunner roster. :lol:

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goodolgil » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Has anyone used this before? http://annarbormetroshuttle.com/

I'm thinking of using it instead of a cab because last time my cab back to the airbort ran me close to $70 once the tip was factored in (my cab ride there was a lot cheaper for some reason).

I can't figure out if the $7 service from the University itself even runs for Summer trips.

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 pm

PKSebben wrote:
blowhard wrote:
Wolverhoo wrote:Since we don't have access to law open just yet (I believe?).... I am looking to buy an additional ticket for my SO to the UConn game. Please PM me if you are interested in giving yours up!


Is lawopen different than the classified thing when you log in to M Law Live? There is a place to sell tickets there but I don't think any are listed yet.


lawopen is a listserv that everyone will be added to this week. It's different from that MLive garbage.


You'll know lawopen when you start getting 50-100 emails a day asking to buy or sell seemingly the same thing...

User avatar
Bronte
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Bronte » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:23 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
blowhard wrote:
Wolverhoo wrote:Since we don't have access to law open just yet (I believe?).... I am looking to buy an additional ticket for my SO to the UConn game. Please PM me if you are interested in giving yours up!


Is lawopen different than the classified thing when you log in to M Law Live? There is a place to sell tickets there but I don't think any are listed yet.


lawopen is a listserv that everyone will be added to this week. It's different from that MLive garbage.


You'll know lawopen when you start getting 50-100 emails a day asking to buy or sell seemingly the same thing...


:shock:

snickersnicker
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby snickersnicker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 am

Bronte wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:You'll know lawopen when you start getting 50-100 emails a day asking to buy or sell seemingly the same thing...


:shock:


You can set it to digest so you get it all in one email around midnight. Highly useful.

User avatar
Bronte
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Bronte » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 am

snickersnicker wrote:
Bronte wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:You'll know lawopen when you start getting 50-100 emails a day asking to buy or sell seemingly the same thing...


:shock:


You can set it to digest so you get it all in one email around midnight. Highly useful.


Sounds like it, thanks. Of all the spammers in my life, my UG was probably the worst.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby existenz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 am

goodolgil wrote:Has anyone used this before? http://annarbormetroshuttle.com/

I'm thinking of using it instead of a cab because last time my cab back to the airbort ran me close to $70 once the tip was factored in (my cab ride there was a lot cheaper for some reason).

I can't figure out if the $7 service from the University itself even runs for Summer trips.

I don't think the $7 one is running right now. The Ann Arbor Metro Shuttle looks like a good deal for $35 especially if it will drop you off at the law school. The Michigan Flyer is even cheaper but drops you off at the Sheraton, requiring either a cab or a bus to get up to the school.

efelleman
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby efelleman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

.
Last edited by efelleman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bronte
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Bronte » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm

efelleman wrote:So I don't know what everyone's schedules are like, it seems like many of you in Ann Arbor already are busy this week.

However, I'm arriving in town tomorrow, and it also happens to be my birthday! I don't really know anyone yet, which is fine. But on the off-chance that people are free and looking for something to do, let me know if you want to get together for some food and/or drinks. I'm known to be generous with money on my birthday! (I realize it looks like I'm buying friends to hang out with so I'm not alone on my birthday. This may not be a great first impression. Oh well.)


Haha. I should be in Ann Arbor by 6 or 7pm, depending on how my flight goes. I might be game for dinner or drinks. (We can split the tab though :) .)

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby existenz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Made it to Ann Arbor. My LC room seems bigger than some of the ones I saw during ASW. Def bigger than the dorm room I shared with a roomie during UG.

User avatar
JohnBoy
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JohnBoy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:24 pm

existenz wrote:Made it to Ann Arbor. My LC room seems bigger than some of the ones I saw during ASW. Def bigger than the dorm room I shared with a roomie during UG.


Do you have an individual bedroom or is it shared?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby existenz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:33 pm

JohnBoy wrote:
existenz wrote:Made it to Ann Arbor. My LC room seems bigger than some of the ones I saw during ASW. Def bigger than the dorm room I shared with a roomie during UG.


Do you have an individual bedroom or is it shared?

It's a single. L-shaped, looks to be maybe 20ft x 10ft in the long portion.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest