Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
15%
The bestest ever?
31%
The best there has ever been?
54%

Total votes: 13

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:15 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
Shlonster wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
Shlonster wrote:Hey everyone I know a guy who is getting to Ann Arbor tomorrow. You all get one guess......

Hmmm, Helm?

Also I'm so jealous of y'all. I won't be there until next Saturday. :cry:

noooo, not helm, me! You were still the closest though, since nobody else guessed. I haven't seen Helm post in a while, is he still alive?

Ha, I picked him on the off chance it'd draw him out of hiding, but also according to the list he's in your section. He must be active enough to have told blowhard, or else used modly powers to add his name.

He texted me. He's alive.

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:59 pm

All, drinks Monday night at Ashleys at 7pm. Anyone in the area is welcome.

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 am

blowhard wrote:All, drinks Monday night at Ashleys at 7pm. Anyone in the area is welcome.

I'll be there. And square. Yay!!!

awesomepossum

Postby awesomepossum » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:59 am

Maybe I'll go ... if I'm not drunk already.

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:12 pm

awesomepossum wrote:Maybe I'll go ... if I'm not drunk already.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it.

wolverine2013

Postby wolverine2013 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Anyone else getting into Detroit (DTW) Tuesday afternoon at 1ish?
edit: looking to share a cab if anyone is interested.
Last edited by wolverine2013 on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:36 pm

It's been a while since I did any real thinking, but I can't see the logic in what you said. I expect to see you there. Being drunk is not an excuse, it's the reason.

P.S. I'm in - went there last night and had a great time.

edit: for those of you who are checking into the LC tomorrow, anybody know where we're supposed to go?

ohmy212

Postby ohmy212 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Shlonster wrote:

It's been a while since I did any real thinking, but I can't see the logic in what you said. I expect to see you there. Being drunk is not an excuse, it's the reason.

edit: for those of you who are checking into the LC tomorrow, anybody know where we're supposed to go?

I think we check in at the same place we did for admitted student weekend.

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 pm

ohmy212 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:

Thanks for responding, but....... I didn't come out for admitted student weekend. Is it in the law quad? I've walked around it a couple of times, but I figure I'll just call in the morning and see where I'm supposed to head.

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 am

Shlonster wrote:
ohmy212 wrote:
Shlonster wrote:

Thanks for responding, but....... I didn't come out for admitted student weekend. Is it in the law quad? I've walked around it a couple of times, but I figure I'll just call in the morning and see where I'm supposed to head.

At ASW we checked in in the dining hall next to the LC. It's right along State St...

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Anyone know what the credited ways of getting to AA from the airport by means other than a cab or renting a car? I saw there's one shuttle bus option run by the University, but it seems to require the school ID card. Anyone know how an incoming student could use that option?

ankit

Postby ankit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm

goodolgil wrote:Anyone know what the credited ways of getting to AA from the airport by means other than a cab or renting a car? I saw there's one shuttle bus option run by the University, but it seems to require the school ID card. Anyone know how an incoming student could use that option?

Some options on this site -

http://www.umich.edu/~info/transportati ... or_airport

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:26 pm

goodolgil wrote:Anyone know what the credited ways of getting to AA from the airport by means other than a cab or renting a car? I saw there's one shuttle bus option run by the University, but it seems to require the school ID card. Anyone know how an incoming student could use that option?

Gil - not sure when you're getting in, but I will be at the Detroit airport around 6:30 tonight if you happen to be there then. I'd be happy to give you a ride.

Also, what time is everybody going to Ashley's tonight, for all of us who are going?

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Shlonster wrote:

Gil - not sure when you're getting in, but I will be at the Detroit airport around 6:30 tonight if you happen to be there then. I'd be happy to give you a ride.

Also, what time is everybody going to Ashley's tonight, for all of us who are going?

7pm. How do we identify each other? Look for the biggest dorks in the place?

Shlonster

Postby Shlonster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:56 pm

PKSebben wrote:
Shlonster wrote:

Yup.

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Shlonster wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
Shlonster wrote:

Yup.

Standard practice for law student meetups.

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm

considering flying to ann arbor and shipping my stuff in lieu of a 10 hour road trip with my mom. Trying to do the cost-benefit analysis :lol: anyone have any clue how much a cab from the airport costs?

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:considering flying to ann arbor and shipping my stuff in lieu of a 10 hour road trip with my mom. Trying to do the cost-benefit analysis :lol: anyone have any clue how much a cab from the airport costs?

The shuttle is like $15.

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:considering flying to ann arbor and shipping my stuff in lieu of a 10 hour road trip with my mom. Trying to do the cost-benefit analysis :lol: anyone have any clue how much a cab from the airport costs?

Ha, I thought about doing that instead but I really can't afford it. >< Especially since for me, the road trip option is free and I get to see OH family. The shuttle, like blowhard said, is about $15. At ASW I paid $35 (with tip) for a cab after splitting the total with my roommate.

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:52 pm

thalassocrat wrote:

Ha, I thought about doing that instead but I really can't afford it. >< Especially since for me, the road trip option is free and I get to see OH family. The shuttle, like blowhard said, is about $15. At ASW I paid $35 (with tip) for a cab after splitting the total with my roommate.

blowhard wrote:

The shuttle is like $15.

thanks for the info guys<3

Both options are free for me so I'm just trying to save my parents money at this point. Since most of my stuff won't fit in the car and I'll have to ship boxes regardless, it's looking like flying in is the best option. Dreading this move :(
/rant

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:Both options are free for me so I'm just trying to save my parents money at this point. Since most of my stuff won't fit in the car and I'll have to ship boxes regardless, it's looking like flying in is the best option. Dreading this move :(
/rant

Ah, nice. Just think, at least you don't have to worry about setting up utilities/internet/etc when you get there? When are you getting in?

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:Both options are free for me so I'm just trying to save my parents money at this point. Since most of my stuff won't fit in the car and I'll have to ship boxes regardless, it's looking like flying in is the best option. Dreading this move :(
/rant

Ah, nice. Just think, at least you don't have to worry about setting up utilities/internet/etc when you get there? When are you getting in?

I'll be in AA at some point on Saturday, you?

PKSebben

Postby PKSebben » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry I had to run out -- wife was outside while I went out, so caught a ride home. If you guys go out before next weekend, let me know. Good to me all of you and pm me if you have any questions.

PK

thalassocrat

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
/rant

I'll be in AA at some point on Saturday, you?

Same actually. Hopefully before noon, since we'll only be coming in from Cleveland at that point.

roundabout

Postby roundabout » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Wish I could have made it last night- I'll be there tomorrow afternoon just in time for MAP. Anyone else taking the Amtrak from Chicago?

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”