Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby byunbee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 pm

efelleman wrote:
byunbee wrote:I have to say, this is not bad at all. One class each on Thursday and Friday, and no 8am classes!


This will support my boozing lifestyle far too well.


For me, it's more about being lazy than having a social life and drinking.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:45 pm

byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .


Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby goodolgil » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:56 pm

doinmybest wrote:
byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .


Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?


Do they expect us to front the entire LC payment before the loans come in? I actually still haven't heard anything from them about LC payments.

byunbee
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby byunbee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:58 pm

doinmybest wrote:
byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .


Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?


Then it may be both. I just received a postcard, for lack of a better word, in the mail from the university informing that tuition for the fall 2010 term is due on August 31. Maybe that's just for undergrads? I don't know. I will call the law school tomorrow and post back.

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 pm

goodolgil wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .


Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?


Do they expect us to front the entire LC payment before the loans come in? I actually still haven't heard anything from them about LC payments.


I'm pretty sure they defer your LC payments until your loans are due.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:40 pm

goodolgil wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
byunbee wrote:Also, this may have been asked already on this forum, but does anyone know when our loans are dispersed? I think our first tuition payment is due August 31 :( .


Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's the 1st lawyers club payment thats due on the 31st. Maybe both are due on the 31st?


Do they expect us to front the entire LC payment before the loans come in? I actually still haven't heard anything from them about LC payments.


LC payment is 1/2 of the cost each semester. If you look in Wolverine Access, they show it's already been billed to your account along with tuition. If I'm not mistaken, loans and other financial aid is automatically applied to your account. At least, that's what I read. Give me a bit and I'll find it again.

blowhard wrote:
byunbee wrote:The first O has arrived! I think.


Another TLS'er is in O but I can't remember his screen name even though he told me at dinner last night. :oops: holydonkey, ankit, or thelassocrat...anyone know J's name?


?? Idk this person. I wasn't at dinner last night--won't be in A2 until right before orientation (LC). I think I'm going to change my screenname so people stop misspelling it. :( :lol:

User avatar
itzjulz
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby itzjulz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

So surprised you guys got your schedules this early!

EFGH, your schedule looks rough, but I'm jealous that you get both Primus and JJ White! I was in E last year. We also had 8am classes, though that professor randomly added 8am Friday sessions :evil: If your section lives up to the EFGH "stereotype" (we probably did, though we'll deny it forever), you'll work your asses off, but you'll love it.

I'd be happy to answer questions about the following professors:
Cooper
Friedman (though I had him for conlaw, not civpro)
Radin
Pinto
Schneider

washingtonian
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby washingtonian » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I'm in M.... we have Schneider.... how is he?

User avatar
itzjulz
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby itzjulz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 pm

washingtonian wrote:I'm in M.... we have Schneider.... how is he?


I'll PM you.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
?? Idk this person. I wasn't at dinner last night--won't be in A2 until right before orientation (LC). I think I'm going to change my screenname so people stop misspelling it. :( :lol:


WTF do I always confuse you and thisamericanlife?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Moved

PM me or post and I'll update.
Last edited by 03121202698008 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 pm

blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
?? Idk this person. I wasn't at dinner last night--won't be in A2 until right before orientation (LC). I think I'm going to change my screenname so people stop misspelling it. :( :lol:


WTF do I always confuse you and thisamericanlife?


We're secretly twins? (Not really afaik.)

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 pm

itzjulz wrote:Friedman (though I had him for conlaw, not civpro)
Radin


Anything important to know about these two? Thanks!

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:21 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
?? Idk this person. I wasn't at dinner last night--won't be in A2 until right before orientation (LC). I think I'm going to change my screenname so people stop misspelling it. :( :lol:


WTF do I always confuse you and thisamericanlife?


We're secretly twins? (Not really afaik.)


I"m not sure how you confuse us. I attended dinner last night.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 pm

thisamericanlife wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
?? Idk this person. I wasn't at dinner last night--won't be in A2 until right before orientation (LC). I think I'm going to change my screenname so people stop misspelling it. :( :lol:


WTF do I always confuse you and thisamericanlife?


We're secretly twins? (Not really afaik.)


I"m not sure how you confuse us. I attended dinner last night.


I think it's the "th" in the name... :oops:

leftofthedial
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby leftofthedial » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:53 pm

hey kids -

i'm looking for another ticket for the first football game of the season against uconn. any ideas? i've got my season ticket, but need one more? am i screwed?

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:55 pm

leftofthedial wrote:hey kids -

i'm looking for another ticket for the first football game of the season against uconn. any ideas? i've got my season ticket, but need one more? am i screwed?


Is it for another student? If you bought another student's ticket you'd have to pay to change it to general admission. When I looked, it was cheaper just to buy a scalped ticket...

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
itzjulz wrote:Friedman (though I had him for conlaw, not civpro)
Radin


Anything important to know about these two? Thanks!


Friedman is an enigma. I found him totally baffling. Enjoy!

leftofthedial
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby leftofthedial » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 pm

blowhard wrote:
leftofthedial wrote:hey kids -

i'm looking for another ticket for the first football game of the season against uconn. any ideas? i've got my season ticket, but need one more? am i screwed?


Is it for another student? If you bought another student's ticket you'd have to pay to change it to general admission. When I looked, it was cheaper just to buy a scalped ticket...


it's for my girlfriend...i have my assigned seat. how does this work? hmmm...

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm

leftofthedial wrote:
blowhard wrote:
leftofthedial wrote:hey kids -

i'm looking for another ticket for the first football game of the season against uconn. any ideas? i've got my season ticket, but need one more? am i screwed?


Is it for another student? If you bought another student's ticket you'd have to pay to change it to general admission. When I looked, it was cheaper just to buy a scalped ticket...


it's for my girlfriend...i have my assigned seat. how does this work? hmmm...


I wondered this too. Any current students know if they enforce the seating assignments? Could you just find two seats together once you were in?

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:00 pm

leftofthedial wrote:
blowhard wrote:
leftofthedial wrote:hey kids -

i'm looking for another ticket for the first football game of the season against uconn. any ideas? i've got my season ticket, but need one more? am i screwed?


Is it for another student? If you bought another student's ticket you'd have to pay to change it to general admission. When I looked, it was cheaper just to buy a scalped ticket...


it's for my girlfriend...i have my assigned seat. how does this work? hmmm...


Scalped tickets you can buy pretty much anywhere on gameday, including Coach and Fours on State (they'll be taped to the windows). You should just buy a student ticket and pay the 17 bucks for the upgrade. Or find a student that kinda looks like her. It's not like they're checking very hard.

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:01 pm

The seating assignments are not enforced -- I got busted section hopping but then you pull the old "friend comes to meet you with two tickets" scam.

DRPSET
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby DRPSET » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:14 pm

In section O. I'm also in the O block for the LC. Thats seems like a good omen. OO

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:18 pm

DRPSET wrote:In section O. I'm also in the O block for the LC. Thats seems like a good omen. OO


Don't suppose you're from Boston? Because then it would most certainly be a good omen. :wink:
Image

loveistheway
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby loveistheway » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Section G here. Looking forward to it, though not the 6:30 wakeup, only to walk uphill--both ways--in the freezing cold. On second thought, maybe my grandfather will respect me more!




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest