Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:37 am

blowhard wrote:
holydonkey wrote:wow, man, that sucks. If you need help moving when you get there, let me know.


+1. I'm here already, moved out last week.

Thanks for the offers. Michigan peeps are the best! :mrgreen:

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby doinmybest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm

Got my MAP e-mail too!! :D :D See ya'll soon!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby tamlyric » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
blowhard wrote:
holydonkey wrote:wow, man, that sucks. If you need help moving when you get there, let me know.


+1. I'm here already, moved out last week.

Thanks for the offers. Michigan peeps are the best! :mrgreen:


Count me in for helping people move. Will be in A2 around the 15th. :D

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

existenz wrote:Sadly I won't be able to go to MAP. Will be moving into the LC on Aug 27th. Looking forward to it!


Same here. I hope y'all have fun with it and I can't wait to meet everyone!

Now if they'd process my GradPLUS app and I could get my immunization forms in, I'd have a lot less to be irrationally nervous about. :lol:

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:59 pm

thalassocrat wrote:Now if they'd process my GradPLUS app and I could get my immunization forms in, I'd have a lot less to be irrationally nervous about. :lol:

Are the immunization forms required? I thought I read on one of the forms that the were recommended, but not required to register. Only reason I ask is because I still haven't sent mine in either.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:15 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:Now if they'd process my GradPLUS app and I could get my immunization forms in, I'd have a lot less to be irrationally nervous about. :lol:

Are the immunization forms required? I thought I read on one of the forms that the were recommended, but not required to register. Only reason I ask is because I still haven't sent mine in either.


Oh hey, you're right. That's what I get for assuming I didn't need to look at the FAQ, since they were required at my UG. Well then, that makes things easier.

junelsat
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby junelsat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 pm

What is MAP???

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 pm

.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby ShibaDan » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:26 am

Shlonster wrote:
washingtonian wrote:has anyone heard anything about MAP? i am trying to figure out my move date, but haven't heard yet if i have gotten in.


Just heard back today - the tone of email didn't sound like, "hey, you're lucky we chose you!" it was more of a, "we're glad you decided to come". Not sure if that's accurate or not, but people should be hearing back.


Yeah, that's how I viewed the app in general. My answers were no more than a short paragraph each written the day of the deadline and after a drink or two, and I got the e-mail. I think everyone who applies will def get it. That said see you all soon! I'm moving back to the US August 12th and then to A2 on the 19th. Getting so excited, except I'm leaving my SO on the other side of the world which means I'll be pretty down for the first few weeks of school probably. :(

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 pm

PKSebben wrote:Anyone in AA having power issues?


Nope, mine hasn't gone off in the two weeks I've lived here.

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JetstoRJC » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm

One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:57 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?


All we needed was that one form, yes. They're supposedly currently processing those applications, or so I was told when I called last week.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:58 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?


http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestudents/admissions/financial/applyingaid/Pages/finaid-1l.aspx wrote:If you need to borrow a Grad PLUS or private loan, a separate application is required. A sample list of lenders along with application instructions is available on our loan comparison chart/FAQ [PDF]. Since credit approvals expire, the earliest you should apply is June 1st unless you are a summer starter in which case you should apply as early as March 1st. If you borrow a Grad PLUS loan, please be sure to complete the school's Grad PLUS loan application, not the one on the StudentLoans.gov website.


--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:00 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?


All we needed was that one form, yes. They're supposedly currently processing those applications, or so I was told when I called last week.


There has to be somewhere where you tell them how much you want. Not everyone is taking the maximum.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 pm

blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?


All we needed was that one form, yes. They're supposedly currently processing those applications, or so I was told when I called last week.


There has to be somewhere where you tell them how much you want. Not everyone is taking the maximum.


:?: I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or no. By that one form I meant the Michigan one that he was talking about.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm

thalassocrat wrote:
blowhard wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:One more question about loans.

I just finished signing the MPN for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans on the federal student aid site. There is a place on there to apply/request PLUS loans. We don't need to go through the federal website for PLUS loans correct? I assumed that all we needed to fill out for GradPLUS was the request form through the Financial Aid office.

Anything I am missing here?


All we needed was that one form, yes. They're supposedly currently processing those applications, or so I was told when I called last week.


There has to be somewhere where you tell them how much you want. Not everyone is taking the maximum.


:?: I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or no. By that one form I meant the Michigan one that he was talking about.


LOL, RC Fail. Didn't see he already filled out the one from the Law school...

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 am

Any current students want to elaborate how OCI is looking? Are the participating firm #'s out on Symplicity yet?

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:26 pm

.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Has anyone who bought season tickets received them? Or recall when it said they would be mailed out?

User avatar
PKSebben
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby PKSebben » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:55 pm

.

zardoz
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:38 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby zardoz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:26 pm

blowhard wrote:Any current students want to elaborate how OCI is looking? Are the participating firm #'s out on Symplicity yet?


Yes, the final firm list was up yesterday. There are officially 160 firms participating, and they are interviewing for a total of about 425 office locations (a lot of firms are interviewing for multiple offices). There are also maybe 50-60 firms right now that are not coming to OCI but that are collecting resumes from interested students. I think they continue to add to this number throughout the rest of the summer.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:57 pm

zardoz wrote:
blowhard wrote:Any current students want to elaborate how OCI is looking? Are the participating firm #'s out on Symplicity yet?


Yes, the final firm list was up yesterday. There are officially 160 firms participating, and they are interviewing for a total of about 425 office locations (a lot of firms are interviewing for multiple offices). There are also maybe 50-60 firms right now that are not coming to OCI but that are collecting resumes from interested students. I think they continue to add to this number throughout the rest of the summer.


Thanks!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 am

So, it looks like my parents are coming to AA to visit 5-9 Aug. Any current students know of anything interesting to do within 2-3 hours of the city?

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby Teoeo » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 am

you can go to Columbus, OH I guess, it is 4.5 hours to Chicago unfortunately =(

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 pm

You could go to Windsor. After all, Canada's only an hour and 20 mins away. It looks kind of neat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor,_O ... nd_tourism




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest