Michigan Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
2
15%
The bestest ever?
4
31%
The best there has ever been?
7
54%
 
Total votes: 13

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 am

blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?


I was wondering this too...

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JetstoRJC » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:24 am

blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?


Group: LAW
Password: LAW

From admitted students website. Buying my tickets tomorrow!

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 am

JetstoRJC wrote:
blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?


Group: LAW
Password: LAW

From admitted students website. Buying my tickets tomorrow!


this is where at least 4 people I know, not including myself, have elected to sit and I didn't know about it/see it until yesterday

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 am

there should be a seating group for 1Ls, at least the ticketing office told me there would be when I ordered in March.

User avatar
thisamericanlife
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thisamericanlife » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

ankit wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:It looks like we can only buy tickets from June 7 through June 25, or is that just the first wave? If I buy tickets I'll probably sell all except a couple, but I'm hesitant to drop the $200 since I'm not working anymore.

Haha, it looks like I'll be in Ohio (though not Columbus) for the OSU game. That'll be fun, especially since at least one of my cousins up there is naturally an Ohio fan. :lol:


Yeah I'll be ordering them online as well, though I doubt I'll end up using more than half. Is it difficult to sell tickets for a game if I decide not to go? Is there a standard way (forum perhaps) to do this?


students have told me that there is a list serve for the law school that many students use to sell their tickets.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 am

As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 am

cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 am

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents

That may be for the better. Against some lesser opponents maybe Michigan will be able to win :P

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents

That may be for the better. Against some lesser opponents maybe Michigan will be able to win :P


Hey now...

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents


you can always come tailgate! Thats alot cheaper than buying tickets to the games

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm

summer starters, paging summer starters.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Really hope Notre Dame decides to join the Big 10 this year. Nebraska and/or Missouri would be a good pick up too, but it would be awesome to have Notre Dame in formally. Either way, it looks almost certain someone is joining this year.

$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents

That may be for the better. Against some lesser opponents maybe Michigan will be able to win :P


Hey now...

:lol:

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm

JRMjr wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents


you can always come tailgate! Thats alot cheaper than buying tickets to the games

I'll definitely be there for the tailgates, but it will be hard watching everyone continue the fun at the stadium.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

holydonkey wrote:$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

It would be more than $200 for us though, as the wifey would need tickets too.

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

It would be more than $200 for us though, as the wifey would need tickets too.

FYI: A non-student may only use a student ticket if they purchase a supplementary validation sticker, which costs around $40/ticket.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

It would be more than $200 for us though, as the wifey would need tickets too.

FYI: A non-student may only use a student ticket if they purchase a supplementary validation sticker, which costs around $40/ticket.

Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?

starstruck393
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
holydonkey wrote:$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

It would be more than $200 for us though, as the wifey would need tickets too.

FYI: A non-student may only use a student ticket if they purchase a supplementary validation sticker, which costs around $40/ticket.

Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?


I think they used to offer that, but stopped. Not sure what the price was, though. Regarding the sticker, while technically that's the rule, I have heard of instances of non-student friends using someone else's UM ID card to bypass the validation. Not to encourage anything of course, but it appears it has been done...

User avatar
cutiewiddlebebe
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?


Doesn't appear that way. Sorry to be da bringer of bad news.

PARTNER TICKET: Due to the increased student demand, the Athletic Department will no longer offer partner tickets where a student can buy a football season ticket for their spouse, child or domestic partner.


NON-STUDENT USE: A student ticket may be used by a non-student if it is validated. The price of a validation sticker is as follows:

Connecticut $34
Massachusetts $25
Bowling Green $25
Michigan State $40
Iowa $40
Illinois $30
Wisconsin $34

Validations will begin in late August. Complete validation information and purchase locations will be available on mgoblue.com/tickets in mid-August.


http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/040109aaa.html

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?


Doesn't appear that way. Sorry to be da bringer of bad news.

PARTNER TICKET: Due to the increased student demand, the Athletic Department will no longer offer partner tickets where a student can buy a football season ticket for their spouse, child or domestic partner.


NON-STUDENT USE: A student ticket may be used by a non-student if it is validated. The price of a validation sticker is as follows:

Connecticut $34
Massachusetts $25
Bowling Green $25
Michigan State $40
Iowa $40
Illinois $30
Wisconsin $34

Validations will begin in late August. Complete validation information and purchase locations will be available on mgoblue.com/tickets in mid-August.


http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/040109aaa.html

Looks like we'll be catching all of the games at the local bar or at home then.

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby holydonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

wow. that really sucks. :| I didn't realize you have to pay nearly $40 a game on top of a season ticket for your spouse. Maybe we'll just go to hockey games until we see how OCI pans out. :wink:

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm

JRMjr wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:
blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?


Group: LAW
Password: LAW

From admitted students website. Buying my tickets tomorrow!


this is where at least 4 people I know, not including myself, have elected to sit and I didn't know about it/see it until yesterday


Bought my tickets today!

In Purgatory
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby In Purgatory » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents


When you lose to Appalachian State you are the lesser opponent.


Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to get tickets outside of the law section? I might want to sell them all and suspect it might be easier that way.

JRMjr
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm

In Purgatory wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(


You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents


When you lose to Appalachian State you are the lesser opponent.


Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to get tickets outside of the law section? I might want to sell them all and suspect it might be easier that way.


you insult the team and then want tickets outside of the section.... Wow. Just wow.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm

blowhard wrote:
JRMjr wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:
blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?


Group: LAW
Password: LAW

From admitted students website. Buying my tickets tomorrow!


this is where at least 4 people I know, not including myself, have elected to sit and I didn't know about it/see it until yesterday


Bought my tickets today!


Did you change your name or did somebody spike my coffee?




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests