Michigan Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)

Is the Michigan 2013 class:

The best ever?
15%
The bestest ever?
31%
The best there has ever been?
54%

Total votes: 13

starstruck393

Silver

Re: Michigan Class of 2013

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:22 am

blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?
I was wondering this too...

JetstoRJC

Bronze

Post by JetstoRJC » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:24 am

blowhard wrote:Has anyone created a seating group or know if the law school has one already? If so, what's the name of it/password?
Group: LAW
Password: LAW

From admitted students website. Buying my tickets tomorrow!

JRMjr

Bronze

Post by JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:08 am

JetstoRJC wrote:

this is where at least 4 people I know, not including myself, have elected to sit and I didn't know about it/see it until yesterday

thisamericanlife

New

Post by thisamericanlife » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 am

there should be a seating group for 1Ls, at least the ticketing office told me there would be when I ordered in March.

thisamericanlife

New

Post by thisamericanlife » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

ankit wrote:
thalassocrat wrote:It looks like we can only buy tickets from June 7 through June 25, or is that just the first wave? If I buy tickets I'll probably sell all except a couple, but I'm hesitant to drop the $200 since I'm not working anymore.

Haha, it looks like I'll be in Ohio (though not Columbus) for the OSU game. That'll be fun, especially since at least one of my cousins up there is naturally an Ohio fan. :lol:
Yeah I'll be ordering them online as well, though I doubt I'll end up using more than half. Is it difficult to sell tickets for a game if I decide not to go? Is there a standard way (forum perhaps) to do this?
students have told me that there is a list serve for the law school that many students use to sell their tickets.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 am

As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 am

cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(
You should easily be able to scalp tickets to games against lesser opponents

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 am

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:As a huge college football fan, it pains me that I will probably not be able to get football tickets (at least not during 1L year), as I cannot justify dropping $200 on tickets after moving across the country with my wife who will not have a job lined up. Maybe we will be able to go to a game or two though :(
That may be for the better. Against some lesser opponents maybe Michigan will be able to win :P

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:00 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
That may be for the better. Against some lesser opponents maybe Michigan will be able to win :P
Hey now...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JRMjr

Bronze

Post by JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
you can always come tailgate! Thats alot cheaper than buying tickets to the games

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 pm

summer starters, paging summer starters.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Really hope Notre Dame decides to join the Big 10 this year. Nebraska and/or Missouri would be a good pick up too, but it would be awesome to have Notre Dame in formally. Either way, it looks almost certain someone is joining this year.

$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
Hey now...
:lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 pm

JRMjr wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
you can always come tailgate! Thats alot cheaper than buying tickets to the games
I'll definitely be there for the tailgates, but it will be hard watching everyone continue the fun at the stadium.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

holydonkey wrote:$200 does seem steep, but it's Michigan football. :D
It would be more than $200 for us though, as the wifey would need tickets too.

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:39 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
FYI: A non-student may only use a student ticket if they purchase a supplementary validation sticker, which costs around $40/ticket.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:42 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
FYI: A non-student may only use a student ticket if they purchase a supplementary validation sticker, which costs around $40/ticket.
Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:47 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?
I think they used to offer that, but stopped. Not sure what the price was, though. Regarding the sticker, while technically that's the rule, I have heard of instances of non-student friends using someone else's UM ID card to bypass the validation. Not to encourage anything of course, but it appears it has been done...

cutiewiddlebebe

Bronze

Post by cutiewiddlebebe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 pm

cardinalandgold wrote: Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?
Doesn't appear that way. Sorry to be da bringer of bad news.
PARTNER TICKET: Due to the increased student demand, the Athletic Department will no longer offer partner tickets where a student can buy a football season ticket for their spouse, child or domestic partner.
NON-STUDENT USE: A student ticket may be used by a non-student if it is validated. The price of a validation sticker is as follows:

Connecticut $34
Massachusetts $25
Bowling Green $25
Michigan State $40
Iowa $40
Illinois $30
Wisconsin $34

Validations will begin in late August. Complete validation information and purchase locations will be available on mgoblue.com/tickets in mid-August.
http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/040109aaa.html

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

cutiewiddlebebe wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote: Really? Michigan doesn't offer ticket packages for spouses? Or does this only apply to individual games?
Doesn't appear that way. Sorry to be da bringer of bad news.
PARTNER TICKET: Due to the increased student demand, the Athletic Department will no longer offer partner tickets where a student can buy a football season ticket for their spouse, child or domestic partner.
NON-STUDENT USE: A student ticket may be used by a non-student if it is validated. The price of a validation sticker is as follows:

Connecticut $34
Massachusetts $25
Bowling Green $25
Michigan State $40
Iowa $40
Illinois $30
Wisconsin $34

Validations will begin in late August. Complete validation information and purchase locations will be available on mgoblue.com/tickets in mid-August.
http://www.mgoblue.com/genrel/040109aaa.html
Looks like we'll be catching all of the games at the local bar or at home then.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

wow. that really sucks. :| I didn't realize you have to pay nearly $40 a game on top of a season ticket for your spouse. Maybe we'll just go to hockey games until we see how OCI pans out. :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm

JRMjr wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:

this is where at least 4 people I know, not including myself, have elected to sit and I didn't know about it/see it until yesterday
Bought my tickets today!

In Purgatory

New

Post by In Purgatory » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
When you lose to Appalachian State you are the lesser opponent.

Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to get tickets outside of the law section? I might want to sell them all and suspect it might be easier that way.

JRMjr

Bronze

Post by JRMjr » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm

In Purgatory wrote:
starstruck393 wrote:
When you lose to Appalachian State you are the lesser opponent.

Does anyone know if it's possible/advisable to get tickets outside of the law section? I might want to sell them all and suspect it might be easier that way.
you insult the team and then want tickets outside of the section.... Wow. Just wow.

thalassocrat

Bronze

Post by thalassocrat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm

blowhard wrote:
JRMjr wrote:
JetstoRJC wrote:

Bought my tickets today!
Did you change your name or did somebody spike my coffee?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”