Is getting the newest edition of supplements important? Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Is getting the newest edition of supplements important?

Post by lawschooliseasy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 pm

...or can I get older editions on Amazon? I did a search and couldn't find any information on this.

snickersnicker

Bronze

Re: Is getting the newest edition of supplements important?

Post by snickersnicker » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Why do you need supplements if law school is easy?

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:12 pm

snickersnicker wrote:Why do you need supplements if law school is easy?
Well, it turns out that it isn't.

legalease9

Silver

Post by legalease9 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm

snickersnicker wrote:Why do you need supplements if law school is easy?
lol, yep he pretty much walked into that one!

rockstar4488

Bronze

Post by rockstar4488 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 am

Make sure you have a full semester stock of fish-oil pills, creatine, and whey protein. The last thing you want is to run out during or near the end of the semester when you don't have time to order more. I don't think you are going to need the newest products though if you can find a good deal on older ones. Just remember that since they are made from foodstuffs they DO expire at some point. So you're going to want to check that before purchase. Other than making sure it isn't expired, I wouldn't pay a premium on what GNC wants you to believe is the latest and greatest. It is essentially the same stuff year after year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:44 am

rockstar4488 wrote:Make sure you have a full semester stock of fish-oil pills, creatine, and whey protein. The last thing you want is to run out during or near the end of the semester when you don't have time to order more. I don't think you are going to need the newest products though if you can find a good deal on older ones. Just remember that since they are made from foodstuffs they DO expire at some point. So you're going to want to check that before purchase. Other than making sure it isn't expired, I wouldn't pay a premium on what GNC wants you to believe is the latest and greatest. It is essentially the same stuff year after year.
.....for serious??

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:52 pm

rockstar4488 wrote:Make sure you have a full semester stock of fish-oil pills, creatine, and whey protein. The last thing you want is to run out during or near the end of the semester when you don't have time to order more. I don't think you are going to need the newest products though if you can find a good deal on older ones. Just remember that since they are made from foodstuffs they DO expire at some point. So you're going to want to check that before purchase. Other than making sure it isn't expired, I wouldn't pay a premium on what GNC wants you to believe is the latest and greatest. It is essentially the same stuff year after year.
LOL fantastic!

Matteliszt

Silver

Post by Matteliszt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Complete 180.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
Complete 180.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Greatness.

Fo serious though, one of my profs recommended getting a copy of the Torts E&E (4th Ed). That edition is really new and is pretty expensive. However, I have a copy of the 2nd edition in pretty much new condition which a graduated friend of mine gave me for free. Is it necessary to have the newer edition? Or is torts the kind of subject that I can get by with an edition from 2000?

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Beat me to it. Well done :mrgreen:

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Damn! I already bought a stockpile of brand new fish oil.

Barolo

New

Post by Barolo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am

ITT, TLSers take the opportunity to mock an earnest and reasonable question.

Good work!

OP, sorry.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

elliej

New

Post by elliej » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:22 pm

resounding no. take the cheapest supplements you can get -- any new cases you can remember just based on the casebook, but the main ideas at play in basic 1L courses have been the main ideas for a while now.

8ballistic

New

Post by 8ballistic » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 am

for most common law course, old supplements are fine
for con law, you might want a newer supplement
for civil procedure you will want a newer supplement, as even the newest supplements can be out of date

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 pm

8ballistic wrote:for most common law course, old supplements are fine
for con law, you might want a newer supplement
for civil procedure you will want a newer supplement, as even the newest supplements can be out of date
TITCR.

Torts, Crim, K's, Property will all be fine with an older supplement. It may be worthwhile to pick up a new supp for Con Law, and if your Civ Pro class is going to cover Iqbal, Twombly, and/or that new Erie Doctrine case whose name escapes me, you may want to get the new supp for it.

Protip: Just use the supps at your library until you discover you absolutely need one at home for some reason.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 pm

...zombie thread?

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 pm

James Bond wrote:...zombie thread?
Snap. Good catch.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”