SMU Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Kalvano is on another level, with only heaven right above him.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:27 pm

I needs to get paid. Kalvano, make this happen.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:34 pm

The Lord helps those who help themselves.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm

kalvano wrote:The Lord helps those who help themselves.

I'm not looking for the lords help, I'm looking for government assistance. Not quite the same thing despite whatever god complexes our elected officials may have.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Call them and bitch. Point out that you have rent due, car payments, gas, whatever. Refuse to get off the phone or be shunted off to Stand Eddy. Demand an answer. Point out that interest is accruing on the money as you speak.

In general, be polite but be incredibly annoying.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23947
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:50 pm

chrisokc wrote:
tinyone wrote:Called Enrollment Services, the goal is Aug. 25th for GradPLUS loans. Nearly a full week after class starts, awesome.

Fuck me.

NE1410S
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby NE1410S » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:19 pm

There is hope. I talked to them yesterday and was told the same thing (up to 14 days after class starts). However, my refund was disbursed today and I should have it in my bank account in the next couple of days.

Good luck!!

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 am

A partial amount of my total refund was deposited into my bank account this morning, but only from the Stafford loans. Still no movement on the PLUS and actually, my PLUS have not even been certified yet.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:49 am

maxpayne wrote:A partial amount of my total refund was deposited into my bank account this morning, but only from the Stafford loans. Still no movement on the PLUS and actually, my PLUS have not even been certified yet.

I'm the exact same way

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:58 pm

On a more positive note, SMU alumni outside of Dallas are typically extremely nice and helpful. If anyone is looking for a job outside Dallas and there is an SMU alum at the firm, I would highly recommend emailing them.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23947
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:
maxpayne wrote:A partial amount of my total refund was deposited into my bank account this morning, but only from the Stafford loans. Still no movement on the PLUS and actually, my PLUS have not even been certified yet.

I'm the exact same way


+1

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:13 pm

My PLUS are certified, as of yesterday. Hoping the money drops into the account tonight. If not, another hour on the phone on Monday.

User avatar
tfer2222
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby tfer2222 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:24 pm


User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23947
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 am

tfer2222 wrote:happy OCI-eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FltRUoAaGdo


Awesome.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 am

Remember, if you aren't willing to work more than 40 hours per week, let your interviewers know as soon as you walk through the door. It's important to set the tone early.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Hope the interviews are going/went well. If you see a terrified looking 1L in the library freaking out about class starting, it's me. Come say hi.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23947
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:Hope the interviews are going/went well. If you see a terrified looking 1L in the library freaking out about class starting, it's me. Come say hi.


Leave the library. Go to a bar asap.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Thirteen wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:Hope the interviews are going/went well. If you see a terrified looking 1L in the library freaking out about class starting, it's me. Come say hi.


Leave the library. Go to a bar asap.

Banditos has solid margaritas, Twisted Root has great burgers and $5 pitchers, and Milos has $6 any pitcher on Mondays.

GTFO of the library. Plenty of time for that later.

cafloyd12
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby cafloyd12 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Just received email stating that gradplus refund was processed and money will hit account within 48 hours.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Burgstaller04 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:Hope the interviews are going/went well. If you see a terrified looking 1L in the library freaking out about class starting, it's me. Come say hi.


Leave the library. Go to a bar asap.

Banditos has solid margaritas, Twisted Root has great burgers and $5 pitchers, and Milos has $6 any pitcher on Mondays.

GTFO of the library. Plenty of time for that later.


No worries, I wasn't there for long. We had an assignment due tomorrow and I was near the school so I thought I'd stop by and check out the library. Drinking Shiner at home is much more fun though. :)

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 pm

So, how long (typically) between interview and rejection letter?

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 pm

$10 to anyone who does this in an interview, but you'll have to wait to get your $10 until my loans hit my bank account.

http://youtu.be/5hWIr9_noRo

TannerRobinson
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:36 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby TannerRobinson » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:30 am

looking for this book!


TORT LAW+ALTERNATIVES:CS.+MTRLS.
FRANKLIN
Edition: 9TH 12
Publisher: WEST LAW
ISBN: 9781599418605

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23947
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:58 am

fathergoose wrote:$10 to anyone who does this in an interview, but you'll have to wait to get your $10 until my loans hit my bank account.

http://youtu.be/5hWIr9_noRo


Does it have to be an OCI interview?

tinyone
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby tinyone » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

My PLUS have been certified.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest