SMU Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm

mbusch22 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:How long after all of this to we get our exact class ranking? There shouldn't be any excuse for the delay of that, right?


are they gonna give us a specific number or just general cutoffs again

We have to know for sure. A lot of the cutoffs are top 15%, and if you're not top 10% but inside top 25%, you have to be certain.

NE1410S
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby NE1410S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

chrisokc wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:How long after all of this to we get our exact class ranking? There shouldn't be any excuse for the delay of that, right?


are they gonna give us a specific number or just general cutoffs again

We have to know for sure. A lot of the cutoffs are top 15%, and if you're not top 10% but inside top 25%, you have to be certain.



We will only get the cutoffs for top 10%, 25%, 33%, and 50%. You will not get your exact rank until after graduation. You can estimate your class rank using a couple of formulas in excel (see link below). The firms looking for top 15% will just estimate the GPA the believe falls within the top 15%.

Here's a link to another TLS blog explaining how to calculate an estimated class rank: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113314

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:10 pm

OK, then when do we get the 10, 25, 33, 50?

NE1410S
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby NE1410S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 pm

chrisokc wrote:OK, then when do we get the 10, 25, 33, 50?



I wish I knew that. I assume they will come out soon (hopefully by the end of next week) because law review will need them to help make selections.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:24 pm

chrisokc wrote:OK, then when do we get the 10, 25, 33, 50?

We got class percentiles on the 25th (a tuesday) after grades coming out on the 21st (a friday) first semester. If torts comes out tomorrow like they say, I can't imagine we wouldn't know cut offs by the end of the week.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 pm

All I can say is I hope they take a dive.

NE1410S
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby NE1410S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:46 pm

fathergoose wrote:
chrisokc wrote:OK, then when do we get the 10, 25, 33, 50?

We got class percentiles on the 25th (a tuesday) after grades coming out on the 21st (a friday) first semester. If torts comes out tomorrow like they say, I can't imagine we wouldn't know cut offs by the end of the week.



I hope so. Then I can move on to stressing about LR and finding a job.

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 am

mbusch22 wrote:
chrisokc wrote:How long after all of this to we get our exact class ranking? There shouldn't be any excuse for the delay of that, right?


are they gonna give us a specific number or just general cutoffs again


http://www.law.smu.edu/Career-Services/ ... Ranks.aspx

According to that page, we are not given an individual class rank until graduation. Maybe they'll tell us top 3% or something though just so you know where you fall lol.

Also, day three of SMU grade-pocalypse...I'm stoked! lol

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:21 am

Just waiting on one torts teacher to get his/her shit in. The other two sets are already in. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:22 am

maxpayne wrote:Just waiting on one torts teacher to get his/her shit in. The other two sets are already in. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.


The registrar must hate you.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:26 am

most likely but hey, it's their job right?


quick, someone go knock on Boe's door and tell him to walk down the stairs and turn our shit in.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 am

maxpayne wrote:most likely but hey, it's their job right?


quick, someone go knock on Boe's door and tell him to walk down the stairs and turn our shit in.

I doubt it's Boe. I would think an old-timer like him would be more respectful of deadlines.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

True, but at least the other torts teacher has them graded, just need to go turn them in now.


Edit: or maybe they have to do some other stuff. Who knows.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 am

I picture Boe sipping lemonade on his front porch in Old Dime Box.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

chrisokc wrote:I picture Boe sipping lemonade on his front porch in Old Dime Box.


I like to picture Boe in a tuxedo T-shirt. Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Boe to party.

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:45 am

maxpayne wrote:
chrisokc wrote:I picture Boe sipping lemonade on his front porch in Old Dime Box.


I like to picture Boe in a tuxedo T-shirt. Cause it says like, I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Boe to party.


lol well played

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23876
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:54 am

maxpayne wrote:True, but at least the other torts teacher has them graded, just need to go turn them in now.


Edit: or maybe they have to do some other stuff. Who knows.


I think the Torts teacher from the PT program had health issues, but it might have been last semester.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

What the fuck. You have to admit that knowing SMU as we do, this could very easily drag on for another few days.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Everyone go home. Tort grades are not coming out today.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:48 pm

maxpayne wrote:Everyone go home. Tort grades are not coming out today.

Big surprise. How'd you hear?

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 pm

maxpayne wrote:Everyone go home. Tort grades are not coming out today.


You know this for a fact?

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Have I been wrong yet as to when a grade will be posted? Nopers.

The registrar told me of course. I used chris's name this time. Hehe.

They said that the late torts professor will be sending in his grades tomorrow.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:54 pm

maxpayne wrote:Have I been wrong yet as to when a grade will be posted? Nopers.

The registrar told me of course. I used chris's name this time. Hehe.

They said that the late torts professor will be sending in his grades tomorrow.

Why don't they just let Crespi grade 'em all? I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

User avatar
JMBrown32
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby JMBrown32 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Any idea when we'll find out about journals?

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

kav sav mentioned earlier that we will get the results before resumes are due for review. I think middle of july or something like that.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest