SMU Class of 2013/2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:15 pm

chrisokc wrote:My humble prediction is that we won't know any grades until February. What is most irritating is that Crespi's test was the longest and the one for which I wrote the most characters, and he had them all graded before Christmas. Plus, his exam was given next-to-last.


To be fair to the other professors, there is a 83% chance that Crespi is actually a machine and doesn't have to sleep.

It seems very counter intuitive for them to drag out getting our grades back. The sooner we get our grades, the better chance we have at getting good summer jobs.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 am

It was nice of Crespi to subtly let us know that, if we didn't get an email, we got a B or an A.

Did he say there was an actual F? Or did he just say he emailed C's and D's?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:07 pm

kalvano wrote:It was nice of Crespi to subtly let us know that, if we didn't get an email, we got a B or an A.

Did he say there was an actual F? Or did he just say he emailed C's and D's?

Not so fast, my friend. He said he e-mailed the highest grade, the D's, and the F's (if any).

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:56 pm

chrisokc wrote:
kalvano wrote:It was nice of Crespi to subtly let us know that, if we didn't get an email, we got a B or an A.

Did he say there was an actual F? Or did he just say he emailed C's and D's?

Not so fast, my friend. He said he e-mailed the highest grade, the D's, and the F's (if any).



I thought he said C's as well.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Also, I hope the weather continues and it's shut down tomorrow.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:39 pm

kalvano wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
kalvano wrote:It was nice of Crespi to subtly let us know that, if we didn't get an email, we got a B or an A.

Did he say there was an actual F? Or did he just say he emailed C's and D's?

Not so fast, my friend. He said he e-mailed the highest grade, the D's, and the F's (if any).



I thought he said C's as well.

I hope you're right.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23921
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:01 pm

chrisokc wrote:
kalvano wrote:
chrisokc wrote:
kalvano wrote:It was nice of Crespi to subtly let us know that, if we didn't get an email, we got a B or an A.

Did he say there was an actual F? Or did he just say he emailed C's and D's?

Not so fast, my friend. He said he e-mailed the highest grade, the D's, and the F's (if any).



I thought he said C's as well.

I hope you're right.


I think he said D's and F's.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:25 pm

I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.

User avatar
2Serious4Numbers
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:33 pm

chrisokc wrote:I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.


are you dropping out or just waiting to get your grades before you decide to stick with it?

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23921
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:52 pm

chrisokc wrote:I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.


Same here. I still don't understand why they wouldn't have disbursed at least a portion of the money to us by now.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:12 pm

chrisokc wrote:I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.

This is beyond ridiculous.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:48 pm

chrisokc wrote:I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.



I think a more pertinent point is that their own website said money disbursed on the 3rd.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:19 pm

I got an email saying my money has disbursed.

Why is it less than the previous semester?

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby maxpayne » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 am

Crespi said that he emailed the highest grade and D's and the F's in any.

My refund was deposited into my bank account this morning. Friday I received an email that said within 48 hours my refund would be deposited into my account and this morning it was.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby fathergoose » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 am

Things Cam Newton can do:
1. Cheat on school assignments
2. Try and get colleges to buy him
3. Win Heisman
4. Win National Chamionship
5. Get Musberger to gush about him like a 12 year old girl talking about Beiber

Things Cam Newton can't do:
1. Get loan money disbursed

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am

kalvano wrote:I got an email saying my money has disbursed.

Why is it less than the previous semester?

Last semester we got our seat deposits back.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 am

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
chrisokc wrote:I've officially got bills going past due because of this shit. School started on the 6th. Today is the 10th. No refund.


are you dropping out or just waiting to get your grades before you decide to stick with it?

?

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 am

chrisokc wrote:
kalvano wrote:I got an email saying my money has disbursed.

Why is it less than the previous semester?

Last semester we got our seat deposits back.



There's still about a $700 discrepancy.

User avatar
wellington
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby wellington » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:25 pm

kalvano wrote:There's still about a $700 discrepancy.


Did you waive the student health insurance for the spring semester? It's $715.

User avatar
DamnLSAT
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby DamnLSAT » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

fathergoose wrote:Things Cam Newton can do:
1. Cheat on school assignments
2. Try and get colleges to buy him
3. Win Heisman
4. Win National Chamionship
5. Get Musberger to gush about him like a 12 year old girl talking about Beiber

Things Cam Newton can't do:
1. Get loan money disbursed


Not enrolled at SMU - yet, I hope. But this made me laugh out loud in Starbucks.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 pm

wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:There's still about a $700 discrepancy.


Did you waive the student health insurance for the spring semester? It's $715.



There is absolutely no difference between this semester and last semester. I'll call the FA office soon when I am relaxed, because such a call is sure to make me want to shoot Stan Eddy.

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23921
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby Thirteen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:39 pm

fathergoose wrote:Things Cam Newton can do:
1. Cheat on school assignments
2. Try and get colleges to buy him
3. Win Heisman
4. Win National Chamionship
5. Get Musberger to gush about him like a 12 year old girl talking about Beiber

Things Cam Newton can't do:
1. Get loan money disbursed


We doubted Cam. I finally received the e-mail about getting the disbursement :D

--ImageRemoved--

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 am

They did a nice job with the Gatorade. Too often the players don't get it high enough to really drench the coach's head.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby chrisokc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 am

kalvano wrote:
wellington wrote:
kalvano wrote:There's still about a $700 discrepancy.


Did you waive the student health insurance for the spring semester? It's $715.



There is absolutely no difference between this semester and last semester. I'll call the FA office soon when I am relaxed, because such a call is sure to make me want to shoot Stan Eddy.

You probably better just keep your mouth shut. Any indication of ungratefulness is likely to cause them to remove the money from your bank account.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU Class of 2013/2014

Postby kalvano » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Pssh. Like it's still in that account.

Overseas in Lichtenstein at the click of a mouse.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest