Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 pm

jasonac21 wrote:
bucknell09 wrote:whats the trick to establishing a residency in NJ for the last two years of school?


Are you taking a summer course? If you are, you can get in-state for all three years.



you can get in-state for all three years without the summer courses too. Just get residency in NJ before you are billed.

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 pm

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:
bucknell09 wrote:whats the trick to establishing a residency in NJ for the last two years of school?


Are you taking a summer course? If you are, you can get in-state for all three years.



you can get in-state for all three years without the summer courses too. Just get residency in NJ before you are billed.


Ah did not know that, thanks.

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 pm

jasonac21 wrote:
bucknell09 wrote:whats the trick to establishing a residency in NJ for the last two years of school?


Are you taking a summer course? If you are, you can get in-state for all three years.


I am. Please give me details about who to contact. I emailed Rubert but no response yet. The office was probably already closed.

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:52 pm

What I was told was that you bring your lease and NJ driver's license to the admissions office and they'll forward it to the right people. Let us know if someone gets back to you and tells you differently!

bucknell09
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby bucknell09 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:27 am

not taking the summer course

if i live in the graduate dorms can i get a NJ drivers license? i doubt it

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

Put my seat deposit down today!!! :mrgreen:

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:21 pm

bucknell09 wrote:not taking the summer course

if i live in the graduate dorms can i get a NJ drivers license? i doubt it


Hmm, I don't see why you couldn't. Check this site out: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/Doc ... /index.htm

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Looks like they've begun billing for the summer course. Anyone know when this is due?

roecyris
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby roecyris » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:19 am

Does anyone know how do I get in touch with the people at the Haddonview Apartments? Is their a website? I'm trying to find out more about the place online while I'm still in Maryland ... any help would be greatly appreciated!

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:22 pm

http://www.legow.com/properties.asp

It's under "Greater Philadelphia"'

You can search Haddonview in youtube to see some videos as well.

roecyris
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby roecyris » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 pm

jasonac21 wrote:http://www.legow.com/properties.asp

It's under "Greater Philadelphia"'

You can search Haddonview in youtube to see some videos as well.



Thank you so much! I had found that first website already but those youtube videos are great. I'm not sold on the place, especially at the price and distance ... but i just cant seem to figure out a good place to live. I need to live in NJ so i can get in-state next year, but its so much mor expensive than Philly is it seems.

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Have you checked out Haddonfield Manor? It's cheap and right across the street from the PATCO. Great location in a nice town. Are you considering the Victor at all?

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:50 pm

jasonac21 wrote:Have you checked out Haddonfield Manor? It's cheap and right across the street from the PATCO. Great location in a nice town. Are you considering the Victor at all?



All booked up. How do I know? Got the last one (!!!)

jasonac21
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby jasonac21 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 pm

dp73816 wrote:
jasonac21 wrote:Have you checked out Haddonfield Manor? It's cheap and right across the street from the PATCO. Great location in a nice town. Are you considering the Victor at all?



All booked up. How do I know? Got the last one (!!!)


Wow! There really are not that many options for law students, especially if you have to stay in Jersey.

User avatar
Niddar
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Niddar » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Hey Guys,

Just joined this website. I've already sent in my deposit and I'm pretty excited to start. I'm going to be living in collingswood about .75mi from the Patco. I'm renting a pretty cool duplex for under 1k/mo. From what I've heard the Victor is nice but I would still check the surrouding areas out as you can knock a significant portion of your rent off and still be on campus in about 20 minutes. I'm going to be getting rid of my car and just using bike/patco to get everywhere (hopefully!). I'm really looking forward to starting up and meeting some of you guys.

PS: How did you guys fare with trying to negotiate a better deal. I have already received some aide (a smallish scholarships/workstudy/and a $1k grant) but would love if I could lock up another 5k. I've already sent my deposit in, and really have no intention on going elsewhere. I only have one comparable offer for 20k off Hofstra per year, but thats not really even comparable. Anyway, Just wondering how it worked out for you folks that tried it.

Also, my apartment is basically Rutgers Merch everywhere. Two stuffed RU bears, a hat, cards, a t-shirt, a 3/4 sleeve, a blanket, a coffee mug. Rutgers really knows how to show the love heh.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Niddar wrote:Hey Guys,

Just joined this website. I've already sent in my deposit and I'm pretty excited to start. I'm going to be living in collingswood about .75mi from the Patco. I'm renting a pretty cool duplex for under 1k/mo. From what I've heard the Victor is nice but I would still check the surrouding areas out as you can knock a significant portion of your rent off and still be on campus in about 20 minutes. I'm going to be getting rid of my car and just using bike/patco to get everywhere (hopefully!). I'm really looking forward to starting up and meeting some of you guys.

PS: How did you guys fare with trying to negotiate a better deal. I have already received some aide (a smallish scholarships/workstudy/and a $1k grant) but would love if I could lock up another 5k. I've already sent my deposit in, and really have no intention on going elsewhere. I only have one comparable offer for 20k off Hofstra per year, but thats not really even comparable. Anyway, Just wondering how it worked out for you folks that tried it.

Also, my apartment is basically Rutgers Merch everywhere. Two stuffed RU bears, a hat, cards, a t-shirt, a 3/4 sleeve, a blanket, a coffee mug. Rutgers really knows how to show the love heh.


Hi! Look forward to seeing you next year. If you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, you should :).
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 178&ref=ts

A few things:
1) Do NOT get rid of your car if you're living in the suburbs. It is a BAD idea; especially in the winters when you will not want to bike/walk anywhere! You will also need to go grocery shopping and do errands and you are going to want a car for those things. It will also be needed if you want to travel anywhere besides Philly. NJ is a driving state.

2) I got my scholarship bumped up a little, but they just matched my RU-N offer. I also have a +90th percentile LSAT. It's worth trying if you have strong numbers and a good scholarship to match to (but in all my negotations, public schools seem to like matching public schools).

User avatar
Niddar
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Niddar » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 pm

keg411 wrote:
Niddar wrote:Hey Guys,

Just joined this website. I've already sent in my deposit and I'm pretty excited to start. I'm going to be living in collingswood about .75mi from the Patco. I'm renting a pretty cool duplex for under 1k/mo. From what I've heard the Victor is nice but I would still check the surrouding areas out as you can knock a significant portion of your rent off and still be on campus in about 20 minutes. I'm going to be getting rid of my car and just using bike/patco to get everywhere (hopefully!). I'm really looking forward to starting up and meeting some of you guys.

PS: How did you guys fare with trying to negotiate a better deal. I have already received some aide (a smallish scholarships/workstudy/and a $1k grant) but would love if I could lock up another 5k. I've already sent my deposit in, and really have no intention on going elsewhere. I only have one comparable offer for 20k off Hofstra per year, but thats not really even comparable. Anyway, Just wondering how it worked out for you folks that tried it.

Also, my apartment is basically Rutgers Merch everywhere. Two stuffed RU bears, a hat, cards, a t-shirt, a 3/4 sleeve, a blanket, a coffee mug. Rutgers really knows how to show the love heh.


Hi! Look forward to seeing you next year. If you haven't joined the Facebook group yet, you should :).
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 178&ref=ts

A few things:
1) Do NOT get rid of your car if you're living in the suburbs. It is a BAD idea; especially in the winters when you will not want to bike/walk anywhere! You will also need to go grocery shopping and do errands and you are going to want a car for those things. It will also be needed if you want to travel anywhere besides Philly. NJ is a driving state.

2) I got my scholarship bumped up a little, but they just matched my RU-N offer. I also have a +90th percentile LSAT. It's worth trying if you have strong numbers and a good scholarship to match to (but in all my negotations, public schools seem to like matching public schools).


I can appreciate the importance of a car and I guess more accurately you could say that my wife and I are moving down to one car that she'll be using for work. My numbers aren't anything earth shattering, but they are decent. I'm still waiting to hear from Temple and Seton Hall, so if I get money from them I may bring it up to RU-C although I will be at Camden Regardless (sans a free ride from Temple, heh).

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Gotcha on the car. I thought you were saying originally that you wouldn't have one at all! As for the scholarship negotiation, if you get anything from Temple, it would likely help a lot. It seems to make it easier for them to match since private schools always tend to give more $$$ since the tuition is higher.

ETA: I'm also still waiting for Temple (got SHU yesterday with a poor $$ offer for my #'s and I wasn't going there anyway). However, it's really hard to get in-state in Philadelphia. The only schools that could sway me from Camden are possibly my UGA waitlist or SMU (and even if those come through I don't know if I could justify sticker price).

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm

keg411 wrote:Gotcha on the car. I thought you were saying originally that you wouldn't have one at all! As for the scholarship negotiation, if you get anything from Temple, it would likely help a lot. It seems to make it easier for them to match since private schools always tend to give more $$$ since the tuition is higher.

ETA: I'm also still waiting for Temple (got SHU yesterday with a poor $$ offer for my #'s and I wasn't going there anyway). However, it's really hard to get in-state in Philadelphia. The only schools that could sway me from Camden are possibly my UGA waitlist or SMU (and even if those come through I don't know if I could justify sticker price).



I hear ya...UM might come through (but it'd be hard to justify sticker), and Notre Dame eventually might give me a nod. That would be the only one I could see myself agreeing to pay for over the deal Rutgers gave me.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 pm

dp73816 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Gotcha on the car. I thought you were saying originally that you wouldn't have one at all! As for the scholarship negotiation, if you get anything from Temple, it would likely help a lot. It seems to make it easier for them to match since private schools always tend to give more $$$ since the tuition is higher.

ETA: I'm also still waiting for Temple (got SHU yesterday with a poor $$ offer for my #'s and I wasn't going there anyway). However, it's really hard to get in-state in Philadelphia. The only schools that could sway me from Camden are possibly my UGA waitlist or SMU (and even if those come through I don't know if I could justify sticker price).



I hear ya...UM might come through (but it'd be hard to justify sticker), and Notre Dame eventually might give me a nod. That would be the only one I could see myself agreeing to pay for over the deal Rutgers gave me.


UM isn't worth close to sticker. It's my undergrad, and I <3 it like forever, but I didn't even apply there for law school because there is no way they would've given me a scholarship (and even if they did the requirements to keep it are draconian). ND is a different story.

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 pm

keg411 wrote:
dp73816 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Gotcha on the car. I thought you were saying originally that you wouldn't have one at all! As for the scholarship negotiation, if you get anything from Temple, it would likely help a lot. It seems to make it easier for them to match since private schools always tend to give more $$$ since the tuition is higher.

ETA: I'm also still waiting for Temple (got SHU yesterday with a poor $$ offer for my #'s and I wasn't going there anyway). However, it's really hard to get in-state in Philadelphia. The only schools that could sway me from Camden are possibly my UGA waitlist or SMU (and even if those come through I don't know if I could justify sticker price).



I hear ya...UM might come through (but it'd be hard to justify sticker), and Notre Dame eventually might give me a nod. That would be the only one I could see myself agreeing to pay for over the deal Rutgers gave me.


UM isn't worth close to sticker. It's my undergrad, and I <3 it like forever, but I didn't even apply there for law school because there is no way they would've given me a scholarship (and even if they did the requirements to keep it are draconian). ND is a different story.


Ya, that's my thought process as well. Though I think I'd eventually like to practice in South Florida (because of the relative lack of saturation in the legal market and the availability of jobs in admiralty law), UM's price is just preposterous. Rutgers name carries well enough for me to go wherever I would like.

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:47 am

dp73816 wrote:
All booked up. How do I know? Got the last one (!!!)


What's booked up? Haddonfield or Victor? I tried calling the victor again today and the leasing agent was out. I'm getting stressed out!

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 am

ellebee wrote:
dp73816 wrote:
All booked up. How do I know? Got the last one (!!!)


What's booked up? Haddonfield or Victor? I tried calling the victor again today and the leasing agent was out. I'm getting stressed out!



Haddonfield Manor - but that was last week, so things might've changed. Give 'em a call anyways.

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:27 am

Last day of UG! The next class I will be attending will most likely be a formidable intro. law class in Camden sometime in late August!

User avatar
inSouthAmerica
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby inSouthAmerica » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 am

so after 2 pages of back and forth on Seton Hall's thread, i've taken it upon myself to create this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=115923 which is intended to be a place for Rutgers-N, Rutgers-C, and Seton Hall Law students to discuss politics and the future of NJ governance. as future Rutgers-C students, I hope you come and join the discussion, which may or may not get started, on that thread.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest