Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:02 pm

kissy wrote:and i'm taking Contracts III 8)


Woot me too. When will u move there? One week before or just a few days before?

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm

ellebee wrote:
kissy wrote:and i'm taking Contracts III 8)


Woot me too. When will u move there? One week before or just a few days before?

i'll probably move in a day or two before, i'm only 2 hours away so it's not a huge deal. you?

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 pm

I'll most likely come a few days before as well, one week max. I'm a day's flight away so I have to buy all my ish over there. I'll probably bring only one box of clothes - i'm going to wear the same crap all day, everyday.

GAH I hate moving. If anyone signs the lease over there at Victor can you tell me how it goes or if you negotiated the lease or asked for any discounts/specials. Thanks!!!

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:04 pm

I just got N. Rubert's emails and she didn't blind anyones email addys!!! I'm wondering if I should FB stalk everyone :twisted:

I won't go to summer orientation since it's too early before section 3 starts. If you guys go, let me know how that goes!

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm

our orientation is 6/21

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby beach_terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm

ellebee wrote:I just got N. Rubert's emails and she didn't blind anyones email addys!!! I'm wondering if I should FB stalk everyone :twisted:



Just withdrew, although feel free to stalk me on FB as I was on that email list lol. Also, I like your avatar.

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Queenjane87 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:39 pm

beach_terror wrote:
ellebee wrote:I just got N. Rubert's emails and she didn't blind anyones email addys!!! I'm wondering if I should FB stalk everyone :twisted:



Just withdrew, although feel free to stalk me on FB as I was on that email list lol. Also, I like your avatar.


Sorry to hear that - where are you headed next year?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby beach_terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Villanova, Syracuse, or Temple (yeah, still haven't made my mind up). Rutgers was kind of a back seat to all of them, and although I hadn't ruled them out completely, I'd rather the spot go to someone who definitely wants to go there.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:11 pm

beach_terror wrote:Villanova, Syracuse, or Temple (yeah, still haven't made my mind up). Rutgers was kind of a back seat to all of them, and although I hadn't ruled them out completely, I'd rather the spot go to someone who definitely wants to go there.


I'm guessing scholarship $$ reason, correct? Otherwise, the only one I'd consider over Rutgers is Temple (and only if I was in-state in PA; OOS it's too much more). Villanova and Syracuse are crazy $$$ at sticker (and IMO, not worth it).

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7249
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby beach_terror » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm

keg411 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Villanova, Syracuse, or Temple (yeah, still haven't made my mind up). Rutgers was kind of a back seat to all of them, and although I hadn't ruled them out completely, I'd rather the spot go to someone who definitely wants to go there.


I'm guessing scholarship $$ reason, correct? Otherwise, the only one I'd consider over Rutgers is Temple (and only if I was in-state in PA; OOS it's too much more). Villanova and Syracuse are crazy $$$ at sticker (and IMO, not worth it).


Syracuse is a big scholly (30k/yr). Villanova is at sticker (trying to negotiate some money) , but I can commute from home if I want to save money (yeah, PA resident). I'm planning on staying in Philly for good (or a long time at least) and Villanova is pretty high on the pecking order in illadelphia, and I absolutely loved the school. Also, if need be, I can live at home for my first few years of work and just pay off my debt as fast as possible.

I know it may not be totally logical to take Villanova @ 36 over Rutgers at what, 20ish? However, it's just one of those gut decisions I know is right.
Last edited by beach_terror on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:16 pm

if your heart's set on philadelphia then villanova seems like a no-brainer

Edit: depending on what kind of $$ you got from temple..

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

beach_terror wrote:
keg411 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Villanova, Syracuse, or Temple (yeah, still haven't made my mind up). Rutgers was kind of a back seat to all of them, and although I hadn't ruled them out completely, I'd rather the spot go to someone who definitely wants to go there.


I'm guessing scholarship $$ reason, correct? Otherwise, the only one I'd consider over Rutgers is Temple (and only if I was in-state in PA; OOS it's too much more). Villanova and Syracuse are crazy $$$ at sticker (and IMO, not worth it).


Syracuse is a big scholly (30k/yr). Villanova is at sticker (trying to negotiate some money) , but I can commute from home if I want to save money (yeah, PA resident). I'm planning on staying in Philly for good (or a long time at least) and Villanova is pretty high on the pecking order in illadelphia, and I absolutely loved the school. Also, if need be, I can live at home for my first few years of work and just pay off my debt as fast as possible.

I know it may not be totally logical to take Villanova @ 36 over Rutgers at what, 20ish? However, it's just one of those gut decisions I know is right.


That makes sense if you are 100% on Philly and a PA resident :). I wouldn't trust 'Cuse if I were you because that's not getting you to Philly.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm

the syracuse law t-shirt was nice though, unfortunately it's too small :(

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 pm

kissy wrote:our orientation is 6/21



Ah, i didn't see that second email.

So, being that I'm from the west coast and I intend on living and working on the westcoast after school, do you guys think I should ride out the waitlists closer to california AND give up summer jump start? It really would kill me if by the end of August waiting would have been in vain. I was thinking of giving my WL until mid-June. This is kind of why I didn't join the FB group since I'm not 100 percent yet.

I've slightly hinted this question earlier, but i want to know what you guys would do, too.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:41 pm

ellebee wrote:
kissy wrote:our orientation is 6/21


Ah, i didn't see that second email.

So, being that I'm from the west coast and I intend on living and working on the westcoast after school, do you guys think I should ride out the waitlists closer to california AND give up summer jump start? It really would kill me if by the end of August waiting would have been in vain. I was thinking of giving my WL until mid-June. This is kind of why I didn't join the FB group since I'm not 100 percent yet.

I've slightly hinted this question earlier, but i want to know what you guys would do, too.


I'm not doing summer jump start - so why not just start in the fall? That way you can ride your West Coast WL's and if you don't get off, you don't get off.

User avatar
ellebee
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby ellebee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 pm

I've been out of school for almost 5 years now. I was hoping jump start would help me get into the swing of things. The main pluses for doing summer jump for me: get back into studying slowly - > do better academically, i can actually live out my entire lease at the victor.

I just realized, I probably should have posted that question in the "choosing a law school forum". So, disregard it for now. Thanks guys.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:18 pm

ellebee wrote:I've been out of school for almost 5 years now. I was hoping jump start would help me get into the swing of things. The main pluses for doing summer jump for me: get back into studying slowly - > do better academically, i can actually live out my entire lease at the victor.

I just realized, I probably should have posted that question in the "choosing a law school forum". So, disregard it for now. Thanks guys.


I've been out of school for 5 years too. But $$ + loyalty to my employer >>> early start.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 pm

i'd love to be in cali...

bucknell09
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby bucknell09 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 am

In the end, is it cheaper to live on campus or in the Victor? I'm leaning toward the Victor just because I don't feel like living in a dorm, but then again I'm moving from California so it's not like I can bring all of my stuff, I would have to buy furniture over there.

Jerzeegirl
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Jerzeegirl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

ellebee wrote:I've been out of school for almost 5 years now. I was hoping jump start would help me get into the swing of things. The main pluses for doing summer jump for me: get back into studying slowly - > do better academically, i can actually live out my entire lease at the victor.

I just realized, I probably should have posted that question in the "choosing a law school forum". So, disregard it for now. Thanks guys.


I think the Jump Start is a nice way to dip my toe in the water rather than diving straight in with a full load of courses in the fall.
Last edited by Jerzeegirl on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby JuTMSY4 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 am

keg411 wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years too. But $$ + loyalty to my employer >>> early start.


My sentiments exactly.

Also, anyone had any luck negotiating. I forwarded my e-mail (with a nice note) to Nancy Rubert and still no response. Very frustrating. If they can make a nice additional offer, I'm going to start making withdrawals.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

JuTMSY4 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years too. But $$ + loyalty to my employer >>> early start.


My sentiments exactly.

Also, anyone had any luck negotiating. I forwarded my e-mail (with a nice note) to Nancy Rubert and still no response. Very frustrating. If they can make a nice additional offer, I'm going to start making withdrawals.

i believe keg411 did! good luck :)

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 am

kissy wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years too. But $$ + loyalty to my employer >>> early start.


My sentiments exactly.

Also, anyone had any luck negotiating. I forwarded my e-mail (with a nice note) to Nancy Rubert and still no response. Very frustrating. If they can make a nice additional offer, I'm going to start making withdrawals.

i believe keg411 did! good luck :)


I did. But I think it actually helped that my other offer was from RU-N and it was the day the rankings came out because they matched it exactly and in less than a day.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:16 am

keg411 wrote:
kissy wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:
keg411 wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years too. But $$ + loyalty to my employer >>> early start.


My sentiments exactly.

Also, anyone had any luck negotiating. I forwarded my e-mail (with a nice note) to Nancy Rubert and still no response. Very frustrating. If they can make a nice additional offer, I'm going to start making withdrawals.

i believe keg411 did! good luck :)


I did. But I think it actually helped that my other offer was from RU-N and it was the day the rankings came out because they matched it exactly and in less than a day.

haha didn't know that, but it makes a lot of sense...

User avatar
GoodToBeTheKing
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby GoodToBeTheKing » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 pm

On my flight from Philly to LA and boy my arms are tired... Bad joke ok. Anyways, I loved Philly and rutgers!! Putting my seat deposit down when I get back!! Everything about the school I liked. Joe Biden was right about it not being such a bad area around campus. It was weird having a bunch of people hanging out on the city streets but that's about it. In fact everyone was nice it seemed and I asked directions a couple of times with no worries.

As far as the victors go, the guy I toured with said they have very few spots remaining. I really did like the apts however when I stepped off the patco I was in love with haddonfield. It's such a quaint little town with tree covered streets, old colonial style houses with wrapped porches, and almost every home had a beautiful garden. I could see myself enjoying some walks to the grocery stores or local eateries or just to get some exercise. That being said, I plan to move around July 1st so that I can get in state tuition. If you want to get a 2 bedroom with me near the patco in haddonfield please let me know asap so we can work on reserving a place. I've talked to a couple of you about living at the victor and if you do change your mind, I am here! Also, I toured the haddonview and they sucked. Too far away and it was all old people. I felt like I was in a retirement home. Bingo night every Saturday!!

Oh and I took a bunch of pics and will post them on the facebook group




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest