Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm

keg411 wrote:
kissy wrote:
keg411 wrote:Sent an e-mail to see if Camden will increase my scholarship. If they can match or exceed RU-N, I will very likely be there in the fall :).

did you mention that in the e-mail :lol:


Essentially :lol: (though I didn't say it outright; just put very strong wording in there).

Who'd you send it to? I've been waiting almost 2 weeks and I'm in a similar position. They can seal the deal with a nice bump. Regardless, I already sent in my seat deposit but they're nice enough to have a refundable portion.


I sent it to Nancy Rubert. My deposit isn't due until 5/1.

she's a cutie!!!


and good luck with the whole scholarship thing, i wish i'd thought to do that before sending in my deposit. probably wouldn't have mattered much, seeing as how the other [significantly higher] offers were from lower-ranked schools :(

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

you guys aren't doing so well at entertaining me while at work

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby JuTMSY4 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:05 pm

kissy wrote:you guys aren't doing so well at entertaining me while at work


Ha, there's only about 6-8 people on TLS who are going to RU-C (or in my case, very close).

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:07 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
kissy wrote:you guys aren't doing so well at entertaining me while at work


Ha, there's only about 6-8 people on TLS who are going to RU-C (or in my case, very close).

there's probably less than that :lol:

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Queenjane87 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 pm

kissy wrote:you guys aren't doing so well at entertaining me while at work


Haha I think I am doing the same thing. Been looking at the class schedule and info on the Rutgers website. Guess we don't find out which classes we are registered for until August?

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Queenjane87 wrote:
kissy wrote:you guys aren't doing so well at entertaining me while at work


Haha I think I am doing the same thing. Been looking at the class schedule and info on the Rutgers website. Guess we don't find out which classes we are registered for until August?

i actually have no idea whatsoever about classes/etc. are you doing jump start?

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Queenjane87 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I am, yea. Made the final decision to. Contacts, section 3. You?

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:23 pm

same :) you're living off-campus, no?

do you think the fact that we only have a few days in between the last day of class and the final will hurt us [compared to sections 1&2, which have ~10 days]?



i can't believe it's two months away...

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby Queenjane87 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

So crazy, I know! I am already dreading packing up all my stuff. I am living off campus, yes.

I don't love that we only have a few days before the final. But in 2 weeks I might loose my motivation to study and keep up wtih the information. I will be glad for the time off before classes start for the fall as well. What can I say, I am an optimist!

wiggysmalls13
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 am

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby wiggysmalls13 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Fellow Section 3 Contracts member here. Where off campus are ya'll livin?

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:34 pm

yeah that's definitely true, and a few days for 1 final shouldn't be that bad .. but hey, what do we know?! i wonder when we will get our grade for the class :?

and i'm with you on the whole dreading packing & moving thing, but i CANNOT WAIT for the week and a half we have before the actual semester starts. are you living in the victor, a suburb, or philadelphia? i apologize in advance for all the questions, but like i said, i'm bored and at work. i plan on living on-campus for the first year, mainly because i want to be as close to the library as possible haha. i got to see the grad-housing, and while it was recently renovated and relatively okay [heater&ac 8) ], the thought of returning to UG-quality housing isn't all that appealing.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Scholly matched! With the new USNWR having them back in a tie with Newark, looks like they want my 165 :D.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Camden employment stats look worse than the Newark ones. Agh, decisions!

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:37 pm

how do you know about the rankings?!











edit: & congrats on the scholly :)

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:38 pm

kissy wrote:how do you know about the rankings?!


Go to the Choosing a Law School forum. It's been leaked. Camden & Newark are both tied at #80.

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby JuTMSY4 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:39 pm

keg411 wrote:Scholly matched! With the new USNWR having them back in a tie with Newark, looks like they want my 165 :D.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Camden employment stats look worse than the Newark ones. Agh, decisions!


How'd it go? I'm still waiting. When did you send your request?

Also, I think RU-C's clerkship rate has a lot to do with employment stats for the after grad and 9 months after grad info.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 pm

keg411 wrote:
kissy wrote:how do you know about the rankings?!


Go to the Choosing a Law School forum. It's been leaked. Camden & Newark are both tied at #80.

shit, by the time we graduate they'll probably fall out of the top 100 :shock:

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:48 pm

JuTMSY4 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Scholly matched! With the new USNWR having them back in a tie with Newark, looks like they want my 165 :D.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Camden employment stats look worse than the Newark ones. Agh, decisions!


How'd it go? I'm still waiting. When did you send your request?

Also, I think RU-C's clerkship rate has a lot to do with employment stats for the after grad and 9 months after grad info.


I'm pretty sure the employment includes the clerkships.
I doubt both will fall out; Newark was 87 last year and Camden was 77.

I sent the e-mail this morning and they matched it about 5 minutes ago.

User avatar
JuTMSY4
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby JuTMSY4 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm

keg411 wrote:
JuTMSY4 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Scholly matched! With the new USNWR having them back in a tie with Newark, looks like they want my 165 :D.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the Camden employment stats look worse than the Newark ones. Agh, decisions!


How'd it go? I'm still waiting. When did you send your request?

Also, I think RU-C's clerkship rate has a lot to do with employment stats for the after grad and 9 months after grad info.


I'm pretty sure the employment includes the clerkships.
I doubt both will fall out; Newark was 87 last year and Camden was 77.

I sent the e-mail this morning and they matched it about 5 minutes ago.


Damn. I've been waiting almost 2 weeks. Well congrats.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

well they sure as hell better not :evil:




i CANT believe seton hall & hofstra..

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 pm

kissy wrote:well they sure as hell better not :evil:




i CANT believe seton hall & hofstra..


SeTTTon Hall sucks. Hof is still lower than both RU schools.

User avatar
kissy
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby kissy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:56 pm

keg411 wrote:
kissy wrote:well they sure as hell better not :evil:




i CANT believe seton hall & hofstra..


SeTTTon Hall sucks. Hof is still lower than both RU schools.

hofstra jumped 20 spots, while both RUs didn't really move at all. i'm surprised QU didn't crack the top 100.

grbueno
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby grbueno » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

I've been following this thread for a while for some information so I figured I'd finally make an appearance. :mrgreen: I made my deposit for RU Camden and, save some ridiculous and sudden change of heart, will be attending starting in the fall.

All I can say is, it seems like RU-C and RU-N need to catch up a bit to Temple and Seton Hall, respectively, based on these new rankings. Any current students (mjs or anyone else lurking) know what's being done at RU-C to give it a bit of a boost? I figure if a place like Hofstra can jump 20 spots from one year to the next, as one person mentioned here, it shouldn't be that difficult for a place like RU-C to go on an upward trend. Glad to see Newark is on an upward trend now though. I'm not necessarily rankings obsessed, but I always like to see anything associated with my alma mater's name (I went to RU-NB for undergrad) do as well as possible.

Also, between here and the admitted students board at the RU-C website, there seem to be a lot of people starting in the summer. I won't be able to move until July 1st at the earliest, and I haven't been able to track down fellow law students to live with who will start in August instead of June. Does anyone know of any additional resources I could use, or even better, if anyone here needs a roommate for August?I can't really afford solo housing and would really prefer to not live in the graduate housing dorm. Thanks!

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby keg411 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:59 pm

I won't be starting in the summer if I go, but I still haven't yet decided 100% on RU-C. If I go, I'll be looking for a roommate (or 2 even) for the Victor lofts...

User avatar
dp73816
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby dp73816 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:48 pm

To me, the rankings dont mean shit; its all about what you want to do with your degree. I've heard from plenty of attorney's that after your first job, where you went to school is meaningless. They all say to find the balance between the least amount of debt and the best school. This damn rat-race and "oh my god, we fell three points" is senseless. If a school is consistently within the t-100 (as Rutgers-C is), why worry?

mjs1187
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Postby mjs1187 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 pm

dp73816 wrote:To me, the rankings dont mean shit; its all about what you want to do with your degree. I've heard from plenty of attorney's that after your first job, where you went to school is meaningless. They all say to find the balance between the least amount of debt and the best school. This damn rat-race and "oh my god, we fell three points" is senseless. If a school is consistently within the t-100 (as Rutgers-C is), why worry?


From talking with a couple of professors about the rankings - while scooping up my LORs for potentially transferring (which I'm 99% not) - Camden's poor performance is caused by the bar passage rate. They say "if you pass the bar you have a job." I furthered inquired into why the passage rate is so low, but it remains a mystery and apparently the school is performing studies to get to the root of the issue.




Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest