Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
kissy

Bronze

Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Post by kissy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 pm

hope the slightly more specific subject helps

Edit: what a lively bunch!!!!

Queenjane87

New

Re: Rutgers-Camden Class of 2013

Post by Queenjane87 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 am

Haha so true! I am in! Signed up for the jump start program. Now trying to figure out the logistics of moving to NJ a month earlier than expected.

It is so hard to focus on my job now that law school is so close!

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:43 am

I definitely agree, I'm pretty much getting paid by a law firm to sit on TSL 8)

And which session did you sign up for? I chose Contracts 3, although I didn't realize at the time that the layover between the last class and the final is only 2/3 days ... whereas it's like 9 or 10 for the first two sessions. I'm a Jersey resident and plan on living on-campus.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:51 am

kissy wrote:I definitely agree, I'm pretty much getting paid by a law firm to sit on TSL 8)

And which session did you sign up for? I chose Contracts 3, although I didn't realize at the time that the layover between the last class and the final is only 2/3 days ... whereas it's like 9 or 10 for the first two sessions. I'm a Jersey resident and plan on living on-campus.

You are so lucky!! My work doesn't allow any internet usage... they are like super over protective about their information and don't want any viruses... whatever.

I would be interested in the summer program but I am doing part-time anyways so it will be less units already and I would rather spend my last few months of sanity hanging out with my friends back here in California (if of course I do attend the school).

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 am

well i do get some stares when the attorneys walk into my office, but the computer doesn't face the door.

where else did you apply, if you don't mind my asking?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 am

No jump start for me...going to stay free as long as possible. Not even sure if I'm going (still waiting on a few schools and a WL or two), but I am going to take a trip up to Philly next Monday to tour the area and see the school (Im from NC). Anything in particular I should go out of my way to see?

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 am

center city philadelphia

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 am

kissy wrote:center city philadelphia
Thanks...we seem to be doing the same thing at our firms - the DA I work for is in court all day, leaving me time to plan my future/screw-around...

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

and it's not nearly as entertaining as one would think ... plus the day drags.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Queenjane87

New

Post by Queenjane87 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 am

kissy wrote:I definitely agree, I'm pretty much getting paid by a law firm to sit on TSL 8)

I am in contracts 3 as well. I just can't figure if it is worth it. I am also riding some waitlists and would love to have a summer of fun. Decisions, decisions.

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Queenjane87 wrote:

I am in contracts 3 as well. I just can't figure if it is worth it. I am also riding some waitlists and would love to have a summer of fun. Decisions, decisions.
i'm in the same boat, but after talking to a fraternity brother who's currently a 2L @ G-Town, he told me that the Jump Start program would prove to be extremely beneficial, albeit somewhat unfair to those who chose not to / are unable to participate in the program.

wiggysmalls13

New

Post by wiggysmalls13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:58 pm

Contracts 3 here as well. Cant wait to get started.

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:24 pm

are you planning on living on-campus?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:04 pm

kissy wrote:are you planning on living on-campus?

No way in hell Ill live on campus in those glorified undergrad dorms...with the amount of stress Im expecting to have, Ill have a break-down sitting in those concrete prisons - Ill just live off-campus and commute in.

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm

dp73816 wrote:
kissy wrote:are you planning on living on-campus?

No way in hell Ill live on campus in those glorified undergrad dorms...with the amount of stress Im expecting to have, Ill have a break-down sitting in those concrete prisons - Ill just live off-campus and commute in.
yeah i don't blame you, the rooms are awfully small. i'm going to give it a shot over the summer and if it's really that bad then i guess i'll look for an apartment nearby ... but odds are i'm going to be on-campus for 1L.

'free' hbo :roll:

wiggysmalls13

New

Post by wiggysmalls13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:31 pm

yea the campus dorms are not only glorified undergrad dorms, they actually do include undergrads. i'd much rather commute.

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

i just don't really find the idea of commuting all that appealing, especially since there are classes @ night and i don't own a bullet-proof vest. plus, i'm prone to distractions, and feel that (for the first year at least) being on campus will be extremely beneficial for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 pm

kissy wrote:well i do get some stares when the attorneys walk into my office, but the computer doesn't face the door.

where else did you apply, if you don't mind my asking?

I am still waiting on San Diego, Santa Clara, Chapman, Newark, Loyola and I am wait listed at Loyola Chicago... there are other schools that I am wait listed at but they I will most likely withdraw from them soon.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.... I want to live in California after school but I also want the best education possible... Plus, now that I am researching RU-C more heavily and the surrounding area I really like it, and I am really into the American Rev. so Philly just seems very cool and full of history! I think all I can do now is visit the school, which I planned for late April, the surrounding area, a couple of apartments in the area, Philly, and then just wait back from the schools in California that are of interest to me.

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:54 pm

kissy wrote:i just don't really find the idea of commuting all that appealing, especially since there are classes @ night and i don't own a bullet-proof vest. plus, i'm prone to distractions, and feel that (for the first year at least) being on campus will be extremely beneficial for me.

...I don't know, I would think living with a bunch of drunk undergraduates on-campus would lead to more distractions. I'm more into the whole 1-2 law school roommate(s) thing. At least we could all go through hell together, without having to deal with undergraduate freshman's mommy-separation anxiety. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

dp73816 wrote:
kissy wrote:i just don't really find the idea of commuting all that appealing, especially since there are classes @ night and i don't own a bullet-proof vest. plus, i'm prone to distractions, and feel that (for the first year at least) being on campus will be extremely beneficial for me.

...I don't know, I would think living with a bunch of drunk undergraduates on-campus would lead to more distractions. I'm more into the whole 1-2 law school roommate(s) thing. At least we could all go through hell together, without having to deal with undergraduate freshman's mommy-separation anxiety. :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1. It would be also good to have someone there to help you study when you are not at school. Bounce ideas off on how to form opinions or look at a case from a different angle, etc.

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm

i don't know how accurate this is, seeing as how it's from wikipedia, but: "Law and graduate students live in single or shared apartment style rooms across from the undergraduate housing. For students who choose to live off campus, but in the City of Camden, options include the loft apartments at the Victor, The Castle, or townhomes and small apartment complexes bordering the campus."

:?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dp73816

Bronze

Post by dp73816 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am

GoodToBeTheKing wrote:
dp73816 wrote:

...I don't know, I would think living with a bunch of drunk undergraduates on-campus would lead to more distractions. I'm more into the whole 1-2 lawl skool roommate(s) thing. At least we could all go through hell together, without having to deal with undergraduate freshman's mommy-separation anxiety. :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable: :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable: :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:
I am opposed to what you just said, as well as the manner in which you said it. It would be also good to have someone there to help you study when you are not at school. Bounce ideas off on how to form opinions or look at a case from a different angle, etc.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant...I agree completely. Im talking about undergrads - I dont want to deal with them; I want to have law school roommates!

....so I guess every time you type LS it says law school? Man, thats news to me...
...Oh, I get it: harvard, stanford, yale....April fools! I was wondering why the hell I couldnt type anything correctly

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:17 am

law school

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:45 am

dp73816 wrote:
GoodToBeTheKing wrote:
dp73816 wrote:

...I don't know, I would think living with a bunch of drunk undergraduates on-campus would lead to more distractions. I'm more into the whole 1-2 lawl skool roommate(s) thing. At least we could all go through hell together, without having to deal with undergraduate freshman's mommy-separation anxiety. :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable: :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable: :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:
I am opposed to what you just said, as well as the manner in which you said it. It would be also good to have someone there to help you study when you are not at school. Bounce ideas off on how to form opinions or look at a case from a different angle, etc.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant...I agree completely. Im talking about undergrads - I dont want to deal with them; I want to have lawl skool roommates!

....so I guess every time you type LS it says lawl skool? Man, thats news to me...
...Oh, I get it: Not YLS, Cal State Palo Alto, New Haven Community College....April fools! I was wondering why the hell I couldnt type anything correctly

Haha yeah I just realized what I wrote and was like what the hell am I talking about? I apologize. I had just got home from work and was extremely exhausted.

I want to have law school roommates. Haha. There, that is better.

GoodToBeTheKing

Bronze

Post by GoodToBeTheKing » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am

Ha Ha Ha April Fools! Very Very funny... anyone check out Google's little prank? Pretty cool. I think last year they did something better though. They had some computer robot that could eventually learn how to do everything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”