Cincinnati Law 2013

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
waverider

Re: Cincinnati Law 2013

Postby waverider » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Mine was either May 2nd or 3rd.

waverider

Postby waverider » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 am

So I went on the financial aid site and checked my status.

I plan on getting the metro rate, but since I'm not yet in KY tuition is still listed as out of state. Should I accept the full amount or adjust the amount based on the metro rate?

Dayton

Postby Dayton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 am

waverider wrote:So I went on the financial aid site and checked my status.

I plan on getting the metro rate, but since I'm not yet in KY tuition is still listed as out of state. Should I accept the full amount or adjust the amount based on the metro rate?

I think they want us to accept it anyways. I'm listed as OOS but I'll be listed as in-state when I return to Ohio in July (residency issues). I initially rejected the PLUS loans they gave me because I know I'll be getting in-state but a couple days later they had put them back on my list...so I assume they just want you to accept them and they will adjust later.

firebreathingliberal

Postby firebreathingliberal » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:49 am

I would call the Law School's financial aid office before you do. Ask them, because they are separate from the parent institution's financial aid office. I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to these loans.

waverider

Postby waverider » Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm

So I called up the financial aid office. I was told to adjust for the grad metro rate and not take out the full amount.

Thats what I did.

The next day it automatically was changed to the full (non resident) amount.

I called up the financial aid office. Apparently this was a mistake. John from the law school's financial aid office was able to contact the university's financial aid office to get this corrected.

If this has happened to you, you may want to call up the financial aid office.

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”